Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The last play
(02-14-2022, 08:59 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: I've seen this, BUT did you see how quickly Donald blew past the O lineman?  Donald wen't pretty much untouched to Burrow.  Then again Donald was offsides lining up too

He lined up offsides 50% of his plays. I was yelling at the snap every other play. he was literally blocking the camera from seeing the football.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 02:15 AM)fisherscatfan Wrote: The other part of the play that I haven’t seen anyone mention is the obvious defensive holding on Tyler Boyd.  Watch the replay and Boyd is absolutely mugged.

https://twitter.com/ledbetter2323/status/1493126690595225600?s=21

We did'nt get one penalty that helped us. 1 big non call. They had 2 false starts called & you have to call them. The refs decided that game when they were letting shit go all game. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 07:11 PM)Oasis5055 Wrote: Chase is open on the bottom. But the receiver on the top comes wide open as well before Ramsey fell down

Seems like this play was a microcosm for the failure to adjust anything. Burrow steps right into Donald’s lane and gets consumed before he can see anything

A roll 3 steps right or left on this play and about 6
Other plays gets him more time.

Also If they averaged 4.8 a carry…play action would have worked. It did on the touchdown. What happened after that? Why won’t the bengals media ask these questions

My son was at the after party and they saved this play and knew the receivers would be open.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 02:15 AM)fisherscatfan Wrote: The other part of the play that I haven’t seen anyone mention is the obvious defensive holding on Tyler Boyd.  Watch the replay and Boyd is absolutely mugged.

https://twitter.com/ledbetter2323/status/1493126690595225600?s=21

Both Higgins and Boyd were held big time trying to break on their routes. Burrow was looking to pass to that side and went to throw. There wasn’t very much time to throw but Joe had time and pulled it back. Would have rather had Perine go in the middle where Boyd just cleared out instead of outside where Chase cleared out.

But given the hold they just called on Wilson which was complete and utter BS, letting Boyd and Higgins get absolutely mugged just made it so more inexcusable.

It’s one thing to swallow your whistles for 58 minutes then start making shit up…it’s a whole another ball game to do it for one side only.

But Zach got cute…should have been 3 straight runs to get 1 yard. Would have been fine passing on anything longer than a yard.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 08:59 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: I've seen this, BUT did you see how quickly Donald blew past the O lineman?  Donald wen't pretty much untouched to Burrow.  Then again Donald was offsides lining up too

That was Uzomah at the top of the screen looking a little open. He actually should not have been out there with a bum knee. I watched that play and he struggled to run. I think he was used more as a decoy this game. I would rather had a healthy TE.

Donald was not offsides on the last 4th down play. He was offisdes on the first - 4th down play. He did blow right past Quinton Spain. I know Donald may have been the best ever at his position but I don't think I could resign Spain based on that one play.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 07:11 PM)Oasis5055 Wrote: Chase is open on the bottom. But the receiver on the top comes wide open as well before Ramsey fell down

Seems like this play was a microcosm for the failure to adjust anything. Burrow steps right into Donald’s lane and gets consumed before he can see anything

A roll 3 steps right  or left on this play and about 6
Other plays gets him more time.

Also If they averaged 4.8 a carry…play action would have worked. It did on the touchdown. What happened after that? Why won’t the bengals media ask these questions

Hindsight is great, huh? Enough of the Monday morning nonsense. Good grief.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 12:37 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: That was Uzomah at the top of the screen looking a little open. He actually should not have been out there with a bum knee. I watched that play and he struggled to run. I think he was used more as a decoy this game. I would rather had a healthy TE.

Donald was not offsides on the last 4th down play. He was offisdes on the first - 4th down play. He did blow right past Quinton Spain. I know Donald may have been the best ever at his position but I don't think I could resign Spain based on that one play.

Spain was the only shining star on the o line. 

If "one play" is what makes you draw a line in the sand, maybe professional sports are not for you?
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 12:37 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: That was Uzomah at the top of the screen looking a little open. He actually should not have been out there with a bum knee. I watched that play and he struggled to run. I think he was used more as a decoy this game. I would rather had a healthy TE.

Can’t blame Spain when Hopkins blocked air that last play. Dude didn’t turn to help Spain until it was too late.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 02:53 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Can’t blame Spain when Hopkins blocked air that last play.  Dude didn’t turn to help Spain until it was too late.

Hopkins couldnt help Spain because Donald went to the outside of Spain between Jonah who was blocking someone else.  Donald just simply blew right past Spain.  Spain didnt even slow Donald down.  If Spain would have just slowed down Donald a little bit, Burrow could have had a chance to make the throw.  The fact is with the Super Bowl on the line, Spain blew it.  He was bad all game long.  If Spain's failures in the Super Bowl didnt show everyone we need better talent at LG, Im not sure what more I could say
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 12:32 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: On that last play Donald blew past Spain not Adeniji.  But yes Adeniji was just as bad

One thing to point out is how great of a throw Burrow made while he was being thrown down.  Perine could have caught that.  Perine just let the ball bounce at his feet and made no real effort to try to catch it.  If that had been Giovani Bernard, I believe that's a catch

To not even try to catch this ball on final play of SB was absurd to me. Especially after getting stopped in his tracks by an outstretched arm that he could not even fall forward through to get 1st down after having a full head of steam. 

If he catches it or not I sure would have liked to seen an effort given at least on that last play. 

You say Bernard would have caught and probably so, but I think Mixon would have gave an all out effort to catch as well. Just strange to have him only watch the ball fall to the ground and end the Bengals chances. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 09:32 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: My son was at the after party and they saved this play and knew the receivers would be open.

That's why the first thing Burrow said as he grabbed the ipad was "did i have him on the go?".

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I have questioned that last play since the final whistle. That look like a playable ball for Perrine. He just didn't react at all. I haven't read everything, but this is the first mention of it I've run across. At our house, everybody was talking about it. Yes it was desperation by Burrow, but it looked like a possible catch to me, if Perrine is alert.

Water under the bridge, I guess. But it was disappointing. Still a great season, and can't wait for next year with an improved o-line. Hope we attack it in free agency, and wheel and deal in the draft to get into a position for a pick we really believe in.
Reply/Quote