Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
The leader (Biden) of Democrat party fights for open borders
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/federal-judge-blocks-biden-administrations-asylum-policy-migrants

The Biden administration was dealt a major blow in its efforts to control the ongoing border crisis on Tuesday when a federal judge blocked a rule introduced in May that makes migrants ineligible for asylum if they have entered illegally and failed to take advantage of expanded lawful pathways set up by the federal government.

Why are Democrats fighting to allow illegal immigrants (criminal to cross border illegally) immigrants to have an easy path into our country by bypassing existing laws for immigration.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 05:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/federal-judge-blocks-biden-administrations-asylum-policy-migrants

The Biden administration was dealt a major blow in its efforts to control the ongoing border crisis on Tuesday when a federal judge blocked a rule introduced in May that makes migrants ineligible for asylum if they have entered illegally and failed to take advantage of expanded lawful pathways set up by the federal government.

Why are Democrats fighting to allow illegal immigrants (criminal to cross border illegally) immigrants to have an easy path into our country by bypassing existing laws for immigration.

I am confused, so maybe you can help me understand. The rule that was blocked was actually introduced by the Biden administration and has been one of the main ways that the current admin has been managing the influx of illegal immigrants. With this rule being blocked, it actually hurts the current administration would be my presumption. However, Biden isn't the one that blocked it - a federal judge in California did. 

How does this translate to Biden wanting open borders? His administration is the one that put this rule into place. 
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 05:43 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I am confused, so maybe you can help me understand. The rule that was blocked was actually introduced by the Biden administration and has been one of the main ways that the current admin has been managing the influx of illegal immigrants. With this rule being blocked, it actually hurts the current administration would be my presumption. However, Biden isn't the one that blocked it - a federal judge in California did. 

How does this translate to Biden wanting open borders? His administration is the one that put this rule into place. 

Biden was asking for illegal immigrants be eligible for asylum if they entered the country illegally. The judge blocked it. If they could enter illegally and still get asylum in essence it is a get out of jail free card. 

You need to ask Biden administration why they are fighting courts to allow criminals (those who enter US illegally) to stay and possibly given asylum.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 05:58 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Biden was asking for illegal immigrants be eligible for asylum if they entered the country illegally. The judge blocked it. If they could enter illegally and still get asylum in essence it is a get out of jail free card. 

You need to ask Biden administration why they are fighting courts to allow criminals (those who enter US illegally) to stay and possibly given asylum.

Well, this certainly isn't accurate. This rule was making presumptions on the ineligibility of migrants based on a set of conditions. This rule was specifically put in place to help curb the surge after Title 42. 

Quote:Specifically, this rule establishes a presumptive condition on asylum eligibility for certain noncitizens who fail to take advantage of the existing and expanded lawful pathways [18] to enter the United States, including the opportunity to schedule a time and place to present at a POE, and thus seek asylum or other forms of protection in a lawful, safe, and orderly manner, or to seek asylum or other protection in one of the countries through which they travel on their way to the United States.

This effort draws, in part, on lessons learned from the successful Venezuela parole process,[19] as well as the similar processes for Cubans, Haitians, and Nicaraguans,[20] under which DHS  coupled a mechanism for noncitizens from these countries to seek entry into the United States in a lawful, safe, and orderly manner, with the imposition of new consequences for those who cross the border without authorization to do so—namely returns to Mexico.[21] Prior to the implementation of these processes, the Government of Mexico had not been willing to accept the return of such nationals; the Government of Mexico's independent decision to allow such returns was predicated, in primary part, on the implementation of these processes.

Source. 

Essentially, if migrants fail to take advantage of legal pathways to be granted asylum and they fit the criteria, they are immediately ruled ineligible unless there is an extenuating circumstance. 

Quote:Specifically, this rule establishes a rebuttable presumption that certain noncitizens who enter the United States without documents sufficient for lawful admission are ineligible for asylum, if they traveled through a country other than their country of citizenship, nationality, or, if stateless, last habitual

Hell, Luvnit, the damn FOX News Post even says this. Did you even read the article? Below is from the article you posted. 

Quote:It presumes migrants to be ineligible for asylum if they have entered the U.S. illegally and have failed to claim asylum in a country through which they have already traveled.
Reply/Quote
Thank god, I was getting a pizza yesterday and they had a sign posted that we needed to be patient because they were understaffed because no one wants to work anymore, and there were Biden "I did that!" stickers all over it. They'll be relieved to hear Biden has seen the light and is making sure minimum wage (or lower!) labor is on the way!
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 05:58 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Biden was asking for illegal immigrants be eligible for asylum if they entered the country illegally. The judge blocked it. If they could enter illegally and still get asylum in essence it is a get out of jail free card. 

I'm sorry I didn't read any farther and somebody probably pointed this out to you but your clearly misunderstanding the situation.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 08:13 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: your clearly misunderstanding the situation.

That's all you really had to post. It actually applies to most of his posts, fwiw.

Also, it's "you're".
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 06:18 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Well, this certainly isn't accurate. This rule was making presumptions on the ineligibility of migrants based on a set of conditions. This rule was specifically put in place to help curb the surge after Title 42. 

Source. 

Essentially, if migrants fail to take advantage of legal pathways to be granted asylum and they fit the criteria, they are immediately ruled ineligible unless there is an extenuating circumstance. 

Hell, Luvnit, the damn FOX News Post even says this. Did you even read the article? Below is from the article you posted. 

Everything you are quoting is what Biden was attempting to get removed. Judge said no, and I quoted the Fox article.

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 11:05 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Everything you are quoting is what Biden was attempting to get removed. Judge said no, and I quoted the Fox article.

Everything I am quoting is what the Biden administration put into place. It was called the “Circumvention of Legal Pathways” rule and the Biden administration enacted it in May after Title 42 expired. The judge overturned it.

The FOX article you posted has laid all of this out very clearly. You’re just misunderstanding it.
Reply/Quote
Here we go… people using reading and comprehension and ganging up like sheep in attack mode again.
Reply/Quote