Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Production wise is Burfict one of the biggest value
(03-27-2017, 11:15 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: If this is true, it explains a lot. Good luck with that line of thinking & living. Don't worry,they have internet privileges in jail.

Thinking like this is why women still dont have equality.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 11:15 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: If this is true, it explains a lot. Good luck with that line of thinking & living. Don't worry,they have internet privileges in jail.

Actually they dont.

The woman punched him first. She didnt want the tape of the incident to be released. Why do you think that is?

I have watched it with my woman, and she agrees with me that while he was wrong, he still deserves a shot. My mother would say the same thing. It really doesn't matter what we think anyways, because if the Bengals dont pick him up by round 4 or so, he'll be gone.

He doesnt need to live his whole life paying for one mistake. One mistake doesnt define ANYONE.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 05:10 PM)NKYRob Wrote: Doug Baldwin was an undrafted success story for the Seahawks.

Good addition. He played about 50 miles from where I live, Gulf Breeze HS. Never, and I mean never, speed through that town. It is the classic Florida speed trap town.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 11:23 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I guess as a Christian I've always believed that people deserve a 2nd chance and my wife and my family feel the same way.

I try to look at it from a different perspective - what if that was my son that hit her?  Would I want a second chance for him?

What if it was my daughter that got hit?  Would I want him to have a 2nd chance?

The answer to both of those is yes - provided he truly feels sorry for what he did.  

I can get onboard with that, as long as he truly is remorseful. I still believe that he still has a long ways to go before he should be rewarded with millions of dollars. Trust should be earned, not given.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 11:33 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I can get onboard with that, as long as he truly is remorseful. I still believe that he still has a long ways to go before he should be rewarded with millions of dollars. Trust should be earned, not given.

And, honestly, I could be dead wrong.  Only time will tell.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 11:24 PM)Gohards Wrote: Actually they dont.

The woman punched him first. She didnt want the tape of the incident to be released. Why do you think that is?

I have watched it with my woman, and she agrees with me that while he was wrong, he still deserves a shot. My mother would say the same thing. It really doesn't matter what we think anyways, because if the Bengals dont pick him up by round 4 or so, he'll be gone.

He doesnt need to live his whole life paying for one mistake. One mistake doesnt define ANYONE.

Depends on the correction facility. If your calling her pathetic little slap a punch, then you obviously don't know the difference. 

The first may cause you to say, " Ouch"! The second will have you waking up on terra firma asking, " What happened"?
Of course, only if your jaw isn't broken, which will likely be the case. 
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 09:53 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Yeah he's the best pass rushing tackle of all time. Hard to beat that

You think better than Sapp?

I'm gonna say I bet sapp has more career sacks. Before I actually look.

Ok hang on going to look
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 11:44 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: You think better than Sapp?

I'm gonna say I bet sapp has more career sacks. Before I actually look.

Ok hang on going to look

Oh boy. Way off. Randal had 40 more career sacks than Warren

Of the 31 NFL players with 100+ sacks, only one played DT. Randle.

Nuff said. I'm in awe now
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 11:24 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Thinking like this is why women still dont have equality.

I think what Mixon did was incredibly stupid, but the girl allegedly called him a racist slur, pushed him, and then slapped him. Equality is her doing all that means she deserves to have repercussions for being aggressive on him. There are tons of things where women have issues still in society regarding equality, but saying woman who is the initial aggressor doesn't deserve anything in retaliation is dumb. Mixon served his time and seemingly has made an effort towards getting away from the situation and moving on. This isn't a Ray Rice situation
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 12:29 AM)eoxyod Wrote: I think what Mixon did was incredibly stupid, but the girl allegedly called him a racist slur, pushed him, and then slapped him. Equality is her doing all that means she deserves to have repercussions for being aggressive on him. There are tons of things where women have issues still in society regarding equality, but saying woman who is the initial aggressor doesn't deserve anything in retaliation is dumb. Mixon served his time and seemingly has made an effort towards getting away from the situation and moving on. This isn't a Ray Rice situation

read my whole situation with him. My point was that she should have been hit it was her fault. If it was a guy we would be saying no big deal. If u hit somebody dont expect to not get hit back. No matter if ur a girl or guy.
Reply/Quote
My apologies to Housh for thread derailment. If you folks wanna debate Mixon, it will have to be in a Mixon thread. Didn't mean to take this one that route. Again my apologies.
Reply/Quote
So if I read this right, "slap a ho and get paid millions?" Damnit! I've been doing it wrong.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 12:56 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: So if I read this right, "slap a ho and get paid millions?" Damnit! I've been doing it wrong.

Lose millions actually. But yeah this thread got derailed. Apologies
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 07:06 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote:  LaGarrette Blount went undrafted for similar reasons and he has a fist full of SB rings.

I see what you did there.  
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 04:53 PM)Housh Wrote: draft successes in NFL history?

Cant really remember too many undrafted defensive players impacting teams like Burfict does. If Burfict cleans up his dirty plays and somehow magically manages to never get another concussion is he in the conversation for GOAT undrafted defensive player?

This is a question for the older guys who remember any undrafted greats. In my lifetime I cant really remember a guy so good who was undrafted.

For the time he sees the field absolutely. This guy makes plays and changes the whole dynamic of our defense, say what you want about his overaggressive style, but he's single handedly kept us in games at times.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 12:29 AM)eoxyod Wrote: I think what Mixon did was incredibly stupid, but the girl allegedly called him a racist slur, pushed him, and then slapped him. Equality is her doing all that means she deserves to have repercussions for being aggressive on him. There are tons of things where women have issues still in society regarding equality, but saying woman who is the initial aggressor doesn't deserve anything in retaliation is dumb. Mixon served his time and seemingly has made an effort towards getting away from the situation and moving on. This isn't a Ray Rice situation

Please. We're talking about a guy who plays football at a very high level. 

Trash talking, slurs, pushing, jawing, etc is a common part of the game. So he can control hisself from NOT knocking a dude out on the field (you know, an even fight), but when a women does it, BOOM, lights out time. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Fortunate that internet memes are not the law of the land otherwise many more people would not only be in prison, but public executions of petty crimes would be commonplace. What? Some 5 year old kid stole a candy bar? Hang the little bastard !
I have never understood how a society could possibly want some of the most violent people walking to be model citizens in all other aspects of life. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
So, I will come in with a different angle...He is not even the best in Bengals history if you talk about drafting...I say this because back in the day there were many more rounds in the draft so I would like to introduce my player, drafted before the modern 7 round draft....

Mr Tim Krumrie!!
Reply/Quote
To the original post. No.

He's made one Pro Bowl, and has missed almost 30% of the games he could have played in thus far.

Some easy ones in the modern era: Kurt Warner, Warren Moon, Tony Romo, Antonio Gates, Priest Holmes, Jason Peters, Nate Newton.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote