Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The literal definition of fake news propaganda

Seattle News Station Caught Doctoring Trump Video to Make President Look Stupid
Deep fake technology used to portray Trump as an idiot; Media ignores

Seattle news station Q13 FOX was caught broadcasting a doctored version of President Trump’s border speech on Wednesday during which the video was manipulated to show Trump sticking out his tongue and making him look stupid.

The clip, which was aired live on Tuesday night, shows Trump finishing a sentence before appearing to stick out his tongue for an elongated amount of time. The video then cuts to a generic station ID screen.

The intent of the video is clearly to make President Trump look ridiculous.

Seattle news station Q13 FOX was caught broadcasting a doctored version of President Trump’s border speech on Wednesday during which the video was manipulated to show Trump sticking out his tongue and making him look stupid.
The clip, which was aired live on Tuesday night, shows Trump finishing a sentence before appearing to stick out his tongue for an elongated amount of time. The video then cuts to a generic station ID screen.

“That comparison reveals the Q13 video creating a loop of the President licking his lips — making it seem bizarre and unbalanced — it also seems that someone distorted the President’s face and my have added an orange tone to his skin,” reports MyNorthWest.
Q13 FOX responded to the controversy by releasing a statement saying that the individual responsible for the stunt has been placed on leave pending an internal investigation.

“We are investigating this to determine what happened,” said Q13’s news director. “This does not meet our editorial standards and we regret if it is seen as portraying the President in a negative light. The editor responsible for editing the footage is being placed on leave while we investigate further.”

The trick was likely accomplished with the aid of deep fake technology, a human image synthesis technique where an original authentic video and a fake video are spliced together to show “a person or persons performing an action at an event that never occurred in reality.”

The mainstream media has repeatedly expressed concern that bad actors such as Russia could exploit deep fake technology to mislead the American public. Back in September, three lawmakers sent a letter to the Director of National Intelligence warning AI deepfakes “have the potential to disrupt every facet of our society.”

However, the Q13 FOX story has received absolutely no mainstream media coverage since coming to light yesterday.

“That comparison reveals the Q13 video creating a loop of the President licking his lips — making it seem bizarre and unbalanced — it also seems that someone distorted the President’s face and my have added an orange tone to his skin,” reports MyNorthWest.
Q13 FOX responded to the controversy by releasing a statement saying that the individual responsible for the stunt has been placed on leave pending an internal investigation.
“We are investigating this to determine what happened,” said Q13’s news director. “This does not meet our editorial standards and we regret if it is seen as portraying the President in a negative light. The editor responsible for editing the footage is being placed on leave while we investigate further.”
The trick was likely accomplished with the aid of deep fake technology, a human image synthesis technique where an original authentic video and a fake video are spliced together to show “a person or persons performing an action at an event that never occurred in reality.”
The mainstream media has repeatedly expressed concern that bad actors such as Russia could exploit deep fake technology to mislead the American public. Back in September, three lawmakers sent a letter to the Director of National Intelligence warning AI deepfakes “have the potential to disrupt every facet of our society.”
However, the Q13 FOX story has received absolutely no mainstream media coverage since coming to light yesterday.

https://www.infowars.com/seattle-news-station-caught-doctoring-trump-video-to-make-president-look-stupid/

This is somewhat ironic given that the corporate press engaged in a week long demonization campaign of Infowars by claiming that I had doctored a video of CNN reporter Jim Acosta having a physical confrontation with a White House staffer during Trump’s press conference back in November.

In reality, as the video below documents, no such doctoring took place. Despite this, the media vehemently asserted that the White House had shared a video manipulated with the intention of deceiving the American people.

Zero interest has been shown in the Fox13 example, despite clear evidence of manipulation being uncovered.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Eh, I don't expect what happens at a local affiliate to make as much news in the mainstream as what a known huckster whom Trump has praised does to fake footage.

FWIW, the editor has now been fired.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Infowars is still a thing?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
When will these dumbasses realize they are playing right into Trump's hand?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Good to hear they fired the guy.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

I thought the looped part was pretty funny. If that was all that was done with the vid I'd say 10/10 for the prank and let the guy keep his job.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Keep it up...  Trump may just win 2020 by an even bigger landslide.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(01-10-2019, 09:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Keep it up...  Trump may just win 2020 by an even bigger landslide.

I haven't seen people this cocky about a sure victory since democrats heard Trump was running for president.
(01-10-2019, 09:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Keep it up...  Trump may just win 2020 by an even bigger landslide.

What was the first landslide? The negative 3,000,000 votes or winning by 100,000 votes divided between 3 states?

I really only point this out because I don't think people realize how close it actually was. A matter of 0.5-1.0% between 3 states. The rustbelt is going to get absolutely hammered with campaigning. I was telling my kids today that they should expect to see blue collar workers appear in a ton of ads in 2020 (we were going over campaign finance and PAC spending/ads today).

(01-10-2019, 08:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: When will these dumbasses realize they are playing right into Trump's hand?

I'm surprised we haven't seen conspiracy theories yet that this guy was actually a conservative posing as a liberal. 

Just got to watch the video.  Class A trolling. If it had been on reddit or twitter it would have been viral and something I feel 6andcounting would normally love!

But that kind of thing can't be on the news.

I'm sure the next time there is a fake video of Clinton or Obama or a Democrat it will be playing right into their hands too!   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-10-2019, 10:23 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote:
What was the first landslide?
The negative 3,000,000 votes or winning by 100,000 votes divided between 3 states?

I really only point this out because I don't think people realize how close it actually was. A matter of 0.5-1.0% between 3 states. The rustbelt is going to get absolutely hammered with campaigning. I was telling my kids today that they should expect to see blue collar workers appear in a ton of ads  in 2020 (we were going over campaign finance and PAC spending/ads today).

306- 232

(01-10-2019, 11:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 306- 232

Its true. Republicans seem to be able to garner support from undemocratic institutions extraordinarily well.
(01-11-2019, 12:09 AM)treee Wrote: Its true. Republicans seem to be able to garner support from undemocratic institutions extraordinarily well.

No doubt. A general Election is an "undemocratic institution". 

(01-10-2019, 11:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 306- 232

Even that ranks 46th out of 58. 

Which side is real and which is fake in the vid? He looks like a shithead on both sides
(01-11-2019, 12:36 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Which side is real and which is fake in the vid? He looks like a shithead on both sides

You're the audience they pander to

The sad part of this story is that no one needs to "doctor" a video to make Trump look stupid or like an idiot; he does fine all by himself.
(01-11-2019, 12:13 AM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt. A general Election is an "undemocratic institution". 

Wasn't aware that a general election was an institution lmao LOL
(01-11-2019, 12:47 AM)bfine32 Wrote: You're the audience they pander to

I don't live in Seattle. And I only occasionally watch faux news to see what kind of fake news is being spread.