Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new Spider-Man has been chosen
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/how-new-spider-man-team-804569

Tim Holland, a 19 year old British actor, has been picked as the new Spider-Man. They wanted to go with someone they could have in high school for the trilogy, so they went young. He and the other final candidate screen tested with Robert Downey Jr. They liked him and had him run lines with Chris Evans too before deciding he was right. He will make his first appearance in Civil War before then having his own movie in 2017.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Why are they casting a new Spiderman AGAIN? And are the rehashing the first movie, or continuing where the last Spiderman 2 left off at?
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 10:31 AM)The Dangler Wrote: Why are they casting a new Spiderman AGAIN? And are the rehashing the first movie, or continuing where the last Spiderman 2 left off at?

They wanted to take Peter Parker back to high school, neither Garfield nor Tobey could pass for high school. 

And I highly doubt that they waste time with an origin story. I think they'll just forgo the origin and throw Spidey into the action. Everyone knows his origin story by now. 
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 10:31 AM)The Dangler Wrote: Why are they casting a new Spiderman AGAIN? And are the rehashing the first movie, or continuing where the last Spiderman 2 left off at?

(06-25-2015, 08:24 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: They wanted to go with someone they could have in high school for the trilogy, so they went young.

Reply/Quote
I can't wait to see who plays Spiderman when they re-boot the re-boot of the re-boot's re-boot!
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 01:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I can't wait to see who plays Spiderman when they re-boot the re-boot of the re-boot's re-boot!

When I heard they were looking for a younger Spiderman, I thought it was weird how they keep going back in time. Toby looked like a 30 year old playing him. Garfield — who I thought was perfect — was like an early 20ish guy. Now, they've gone with middle school Peter Parker.

I'm waiting until the fourth reboot, when we get Spiderkid, the Toddler who Terrorizes the Terrible!
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 01:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I can't wait to see who plays Spiderman when they re-boot the re-boot of the re-boot's re-boot!

ill just watch Das boot.
Reply/Quote
Some, if not most, of these super-hero franchises just need to go away.
Reply/Quote
What's with all the British actors playing American superheroes?
Bale
Garfield
Cavill
This new guy
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 07:48 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: What's with all the British actors playing American superheroes?
Bale
Garfield
Cavill
This new guy

What's with humans playing alien superheroes?

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 08:18 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: What's with humans playing alien superheroes?

I am kinda upset that they don't have the new Human Torch being played by a dude who's body is actually on fire.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
So the ending of Spider-Man 2 will not be tied into this one?
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 11:59 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I am kinda upset that they don't have the new Human Torch being played by a dude who's body is actually on fire.

well they picked a guy that looks like what a person would look like after literally being on fire though, so close enough, right?
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 10:46 AM)Griever Wrote: well they picked a guy that looks like what a person would look like after literally being on fire though, so close enough, right?

so freddy krueger is in the new spider man?

[Image: 7185-freddy-krueger-002.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 07:44 AM)The Dangler Wrote: So the ending of Spider-Man 2 will not be tied into this one?

No because The Amazing Spider-Man 2 sucked 

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 06:54 PM)Bryan Wrote: No because The Amazing Spider-Man 2 sucked 

Thank you. It's mind-boggling how many people liked that movie. It was so bad it made Spider-Man 3 look awesome.  :snark:
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 01:19 PM)Benton Wrote: I'm waiting until the fourth reboot, when we get Spiderkid, the Toddler who Terrorizes the Terrible!

[Image: baby_spider_man_by_jovannycanizares-d5irllj.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Garfield was such a great Spiderman. It sucks that he can't continue on but I'll live with it. Now i jsut wish they could have gone with Donald Glover
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2015, 04:18 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Garfield was such a great Spiderman. It sucks that he can't continue on but I'll live with it. Now i jsut wish they could have gone with Donald Glover

He was. People give him shit but he was a great young Peter Parker. He would have played a great older Peter too. Donald Glover would play a good Peter too, but he's too old. He's also way too old to play Miles since he's like 15.

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2015, 05:35 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He was. People give him shit but he was a great young Peter Parker. He would have played a great older Peter too. Donald Glover would play a good Peter too, but he's too old. He's also way too old to play Miles since he's like 15.

I liked Garfield. His cockiness was perfect. But I think he was too cool and too good looking as Peter. People are complaining that they want Miles because they're sick of Peter. I'd be all for Miles but his origin is directly tied to Peter, so to have Miles you have to have Peter.

Reply/Quote