Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The new Year
(09-25-2019, 05:36 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote: Miss Phyllis,  you forgot one stat. Baker 1-2 ,  Carrot top 0-3   Hilarious

Team record has nothing to do with MVP choices.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 05:36 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote: Miss Phyllis,  you forgot one stat. Baker 1-2 ,  Carrot top 0-3   Hilarious

You just shifted from considering your QB an MVP candidate to rejoicing over the fact that he’s one game better than a winless team.  

I think you’re done here.  
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 10:59 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: You just shifted from considering your QB an MVP candidate to rejoicing over the fact that he’s one game better than a winless team.  

I think you’re done here.  

Same fans that lost their minds when the Browns finished a game outta last place last season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 05:36 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote: you forgot one stat. Baker 1-2 ,  Carrot top 0-3   Hilarious

2 things:
1) Offensive MVPs aren't chosen based on team record
2) Dalton's career win %: 56.1  
Baker's career win %: 43.8
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 12:13 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Baker is currently:
15th in completions
11th in attempts
32nd in completion percentage
8th in yards
T-18th in TDs
T-2 in INTs (as in 2nd most INTs thrown in the league)
34th in QB rating

Yeah, he sure does look like the next offensive player of the year. Rolleyes

(09-24-2019, 01:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Thought it'd be fun to see how the future "offensive MVP" is doing after 3 weeks:

Baker is currently:

20th in completions
9th in attempts
39th in completion percentage
12th in yards
T-24th in TDs
2 in INTs (as in 2nd most INTs thrown in the league)
40th in QB rating

Not looking good, is it?

Update time! Let's see where the future "offensive MVP" ranks now!

T-20th in completions
T-12 in attempts
43rd in completion percentage
7th yards
T-23rd in TDs
LEADS THE LEAGUE IN INTERCEPTIONS! (Well, tied for the lead)
39th in QB rating

Patrick Mahomes better watch out. Baker Mayfield is right on his tail. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 02:33 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Update time! Let's see where the future "offensive MVP" ranks now!

T-20th in completions
T-12 in attempts
43rd in completion percentage
7th yards
T-23rd in TDs
LEADS THE LEAGUE IN INTERCEPTIONS! (Well, tied for the lead)
39th in QB rating

Patrick Mahomes better watch out. Baker Mayfield is right on his tail. Rolleyes

Dude is climbin' the charts like a boy band on crack!!!!!!!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Turning on Colin Cowherd yesterday, I heard him call Baker "superman". He gets it. Too bad homer fans don't.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 06:05 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote: Turning on Colin Cowherd yesterday

Anything else said after that is irrelevant.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 06:05 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote: Turning on Colin Cowherd yesterday, I heard him call Baker "superman". He gets it. Too bad homer fans don't.

He meant after the riding accident.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 06:05 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote: Turning on Colin Cowherd yesterday, I heard him call Baker "superman". He gets it. Too bad homer fans don't.

You realize Superman is a fictional character, right?
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 01:27 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You realize Superman is a fictional character, right?

Bakertheyeast like his men in spandex.
Reply/Quote
I Listened to Cowherd again yesterday and must clarify what he said. He said Carson Wentz was superman and was comparing how good an athlete Baker was just like Carson. Sorry for any confusion or angst this might have caused you amateur smack talkers that post here.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 06:17 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote: I Listened to Cowherd again yesterday and must clarify what he said. He said Carson Wentz was superman and was comparing how good an athlete Baker was just like Carson. Sorry for any confusion or angst this might have caused you amateur smack talkers that post here.

Baker may be a good athlete. Doesn't mean he's a good football player.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 11:34 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Baker may be a good athlete. Doesn't mean he's a good football player.

If he is not a good football player why is everyone outside this message board saying he is going to be a HOF'er? Doesn't make sense.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 05:56 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote: If he is not a good football player why is everyone outside this message board saying he is going to be a HOF'er? Doesn't make sense.

Yeah only people in Cleveland think that but they’re not the sharpest tool in the shed.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 05:56 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote: If he is not a good football player why is everyone outside this message board saying he is going to be a HOF'er? Doesn't make sense.

Who the hell is saying a 2nd year QB not named Patrick Mahomes is going to be a HOF'er?
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 04:53 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Who the hell is saying a 2nd year QB not named Patrick Mahomes is going to be a HOF'er?

Um Alex.....Who is no one?
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote

Bakertheturdmaker with another super stinker. A 13.4 rating. 

Do you stink he was practicing his HoF speech before the game instead of getting ready to play?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Johnny Football 2.0
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
Nick Bosa planted the future HOFer Hilarious

13.4 QB rating Hilarious

8-22 for 100 yards Hilarious my grandma could have completed 8 passes Hilarious

2 interceptions and a fumble Hilarious

sacked 4 times for -42 yards, really 5 Hilarious

Might want to reconsider that MVP title ?
Reply/Quote