Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second banana is just as bananas
I have to say, I am neither laughing nor crying. I am spending my time working, going to class, volunteering, and discussing with other more liberal folks in my area and state what we can do to win back the people we lost. Clinton may have won Virginia, but it's no secret that my area in the western part of the state went for Trump. Nobody, left or right, has been doing anything for these rural areas and that's needs to change.

No use in laughing or crying about the situation we are in. Best thing to do is work to make things better any way you can.
(10-23-2017, 11:15 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have to say, I am neither laughing nor crying. I am spending my time working, going to class, volunteering, and discussing with other more liberal folks in my area and state what we can do to win back the people we lost. Clinton may have won Virginia, but it's no secret that my area in the western part of the state went for Trump. Nobody, left or right, has been doing anything for these rural areas and that's needs to change.

No use in laughing or crying about the situation we are in. Best thing to do is work to make things better any way you can.

Excellent points.

Personally, I think that’s a big reason republicans were so successful in Kentucky the last cycle. Sure, a lot of it was national misinformation, but at the local level a lot of them were sticking to simple messages. They said they would fix our states pension issue (and they’re trying). They said they would fix healthcare (not trying so much there).

Whatever your leaning, I think most folks would agree the two major parties are ****** up with little in common with the needs of constituents. So work with your party and local lawmakers. It’s the only way things will get fixed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]