Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The next 3 games are winnable
(10-10-2022, 01:16 PM)Joelist Wrote: So basically in the next couple of weeks we might be back to our usual hobby of scouting next year's draft...

Same old Bengals. It seems nothing ever really changes and we can just forget ever seeing a Lombardi hoisted by this team.

Yeah, they were so far away from it just last year......
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Every game is winnable, but lordy we should win the next 5 games.  We are going to play Dalton, Mariotta, Brisset, Mayfield/Darnold/PJ Walker, and a rookie Steelers QB.  Any given Sunday and all that, but lordy Burrow should be smoking all these bums.

Score early and watch them all throw picks in a desperate attempt to catch up.  It worked before.

Mayfield is out with a high ankle, so it will probably be PJ Walker.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 11:08 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’m sure Andy Dalton is still butt hurt over being benched by Zac Taylor in 2019.  He’s going to bring his best against the Bengals — but we know how to stop Dalton: Pressure, pressure, pressure!  His game really hasn’t changed since leaving Cincinnati; he is laser sharp with a clean pocket but throws bad balls under a heavy rush.

Just run a cover two defense against them. Maybe they will throw their hands up and give excuses as to why they cant do anything against it.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 08:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, they were so far away from it just last year......

Joelist is a good poster but that was a bit much. What we saw just this year in the Playoffs and nearly winning the Superbowl
was anything but the same old Bengals. It gives me hope that Zac and company can turn this around. But the play calling IS a
big problem at this point and it is holding this entire team back.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 09:37 PM)Nepa Wrote: Bengals will be fine. Now that the OL is getting resolved, I believe they will start turning it around.

I think we have been overrating their talent and thus the massive disappointment so far. But this is a team that landed only 4 players in the NFL.com top 100 players and none in the top 20. This is a team that Vegas pegged the voting odds as only 10th. They played over their heads last year in the playoffs and gave the fans an unrealistic view that they were a powerhouse.

But they will play well together as a team and figure things out. I am optimistic they will do well from here on out.

Completely agree, feel the same. Not panicking yet. Still a long season and as long as we win 3 out of the next 4 we 
should be fine as you say Nepa.

(10-10-2022, 09:56 PM)Nepa Wrote: With the difficult back-end of the schedule, I do think it is do or die these next four games. They'll need to play like this is the playoffs. Because after this they have teams like Kansas City, Buffalo, Tampa Bay, a rejuvenated New England, and last year's one seed in Tennessee.

Yep, need to start winning now cause that last part of the schedule is brutal as it gets.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:31 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Sitting at 2 and 3, the Saints Falcons and Browns are on the horizon. Trying to inject some positivity in our boards
Today. All 3 of those games are winnable.
The QBs on the agenda...Dalton, Mariotta and Brissett.
I can see this defense holding these 3 in check.
And all 3 defenses can be scored upon.heck Geno Smith
Put up 32 on the Saints. The Browns has issues from
Myles Garrett to Grant Delphit.

This is a good time for the Bengals offense to really
Stack some points and confidence together in these
Next 3 game. These defenses can be run upon
And that will help Mixon regain some of his
Confidence going forward

The next 5 actually are winnable.
Panthers and Steelers after these 3.

4-1 should be the expectation for this next stretch. 
Anything less is a disappointment.
5-0 would be great to get back to the top of the division.

EDIT - CLE has a tough 5-game schedule coming up. NE, BAL, CIN, MIA, and BUF. It's feasible they lose all those. Given they're already at 3 losses, they probably aren't making playoffs if they have 5 more losses or more.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Honestly, the next 6 games are extremely winnable.

I expect us to win against the Saints, Falcons, Panthers, Steelers and potentially the Titans.

The Browns are the Browns and we've not had success against them in a bit, so I wouldn't be surprised if we lose that game.

But 5-1 should be the goal. 7-4 is where I expect us to be heading into the game against the Chiefs.
Reply/Quote
With this loaded roster EVERY game is winnable.
Reply/Quote
The Ravens game was the first game of the year we have not been favored.

If you look out to week 12 (11th game of season), That is the next time Bengals are forecasted to not be favored (TN line is a pick-em)

As it stands today (A lot can change)

Bengals - 2 @ Saints
Bengals - 7 Vs Falcons
Benglas - 2.5 @ Clev
Bengals -7 vs Carolina
BYE
Bengals - 2.5 @ Pittsburgh
Bengals - Pickem - @ Titans.

If they want to right the ship, they have the chance to really do so in the next 6 games.
Reply/Quote
I dislike putting wins ahead of us. I would rather focus on a win each week at a time. Thinking ahead only leads to trouble IMO.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 08:40 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Just run a cover two defense against them. Maybe they will throw their hands up and give excuses as to why they cant do anything against it.

2 high safeties, and score 18 points?... Got us whooped.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 06:44 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I dislike putting wins ahead of us. I would rather focus on a win each week at a time. Thinking ahead only leads to trouble IMO.

Well none of us play for the team.

So who cares?
Reply/Quote
With how abysmal our offense has been, I don’t see how anyone can pencil in some W’s.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:00 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I think 2-1 will be the basement; Cleveland will be tough without Reader (as many have said already).

Cleveland's D has not been stellar this year and that's the silver lining in that game.

Garrett and Clowney vs the Bengals offensive line, Zacs play calling and a skiddish Burrow does not instill a lot of hope in me for a Bengals win against the Browns 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 07:37 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Garrett and Clowney vs the Bengals offensive line, Zacs play calling and a skiddish Burrow does not instill a lot of hope in me for a Bengals win against the Browns 

Burrow's had bikes and other wheels driven over him?

Garrett is the only issue on that D: Clowney has not done much against us, throughout his career.

Ward can also give trouble, but I would say to play it like the Miami or Jets games.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
All the previous ones were winnable, as well. One game at a time for me, as well.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
All we have to do is get our run game going, and everything else will open up. Watching the game last Sunday night, I think Mixon's ankle must be healed and he, Perine and the Oline are on the same page now.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 06:26 PM)ATOTR Wrote: The Ravens game was the first game of the year we have not been favored.

If you look out to week 12 (11th game of season), That is the next time Bengals are forecasted to not be favored (TN line is a pick-em)

As it stands today (A lot can change)

Bengals - 2 @ Saints
Bengals - 7 Vs Falcons
Benglas - 2.5 @ Clev
Bengals -7 vs Carolina
BYE
Bengals - 2.5 @ Pittsburgh
Bengals - Pickem - @ Titans.

If they want to right the ship, they have the chance to really do so in the next 6 games.

Nice post, they are in the driving seat most definitely. Their destiny is in our coach's and player's hands.

Need to grasp this opportunity.

(10-11-2022, 06:44 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I dislike putting wins ahead of us. I would rather focus on a win each week at a time. Thinking ahead only leads to trouble IMO.

(10-11-2022, 07:19 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Well none of us play for the team.

So who cares?

No doubt. That is for the coach's and player's to worry about, not us. We can look ahead all we want.

That is what this board is for.
Reply/Quote

While I get that sentiment, most of us really primarily care that the Bengals make the playoffs, right?
So people are trying to project wins and losses that are needed/wanted in order to make it?

Maybe I'm not most people, but once my team is eliminated from playoffs, I tend to stop trying to watch all the games.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote