Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
"The next Tom Brady'
(01-16-2022, 01:41 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Also cooler, right right?  Cool

Well, Brady does have the multi-millionaire wife that is an underwear model...

But, yes...Joe is far cooler than Brady.  I mean, Sponge Bob in a lot of his attire?  That's cool.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:42 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well, Brady does have the multi-millionaire wife that is an underwear model...

But, yes...Joe is far cooler than Brady.  I mean, Sponge Bob in a lot of his attire?  That's cool.

But Joe gives off a vibe he's closer to us than the elite Tom Brady and thus why he's a badass.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:42 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well, Brady does have the multi-millionaire wife that is an underwear model...

The bengals Facebook had him walking in with a bugs bunny space jam jacket. I’ll try to attach the screenshot.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: https://fansided.com/2020/10/06/brett-favre-believes-josh-allen-next-tom-brady/

https://prosportsextra.com/is-patrick-mahomes-the-next-tom-brady/

https://sports.yahoo.com/lamar-jackson-want-tom-brady-baltimore-win-multiple-super-bowls-192024062.html

https://www.essentiallysports.com/nfl-draft-news-is-mac-jones-the-next-tom-brady/

- - - - - - -

The future of the NFL is going to be real bright with 5+ next Tom Bradys.

Ninja

Jokes aside, people need to chill the hell out with comparing young players early in their careers with all time greats. Not even an NFL exclusive problem.

Statistically speaking 3 of 4 of those QB's historically for early career campaigns are valid not including Mac Jones. Allen had his breakthrough year in Year 3. Just a reflection of new passing era of NFL or are these QB's really that talented? You'd have to throw Herbert in that convoy also. Obviously longevity, consistency and championships define careers but the NFL does have an incredible crop of young QBs. I'm grateful we have one of them and speculation on his greatness based on the amazing season he had this year(leading league in Comp % and YPA being particularly impressive)with the playoff win is valid. Are you watching history in the making is part of the fun.
Reply/Quote
Joey B has that rare QB quality of feelin the pass rush........he steps left and right but doesnt panic and always keeps his eyes downfield lookin for the open man........then he steps up and delivers a freakin dart right on target.......so glad Joey B is our QB
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:46 PM)Justin1462 Wrote: Statistically speaking 3 of 4 of those QB's historically for early career campaigns are valid not including Mac Jones. Allen had his breakthrough year in Year 3. Just a reflection of new passing era of NFL or are these QB's really that talented? You'd have to throw Herbert in that convoy also. Obviously longevity, consistency and championships define careers but the NFL does have an incredible crop of young QBs. I'm grateful we have one of them and speculation on his greatness based on the amazing season he had this year(leading league in Comp % and YPA being particularly impressive)with the playoff win is valid. Are you watching history in the making is part of the fun.

Bit of Column A, bit of Column B.

You nailed it, though. Longevity and consistency. At the end of the day it's not about being great for a year or two or even five that will make someone "the next Tom Brady" it takes doing it for 20+ years. That's why it's silly to ever bring up that kind of talk about guys early in their career. 

I remember about 4-5 years ago there was talk about Jose Altuve becoming the next Pete Rose because he had more hits than Pete Rose at the equal # of games played after having the most hits in the AL 4 straight years... but then he hasn't gotten close for the last 4 years and now he's heading into his age 32 season and 2,479 hits behind Pete Rose. So he needs like 200 hits (he led the AL one year with 200) each season for the next 12 years, and then needs to get 79 hits in his age 44 season. It ain't gonna happen. Lol

That's the kind of silly shit that you get when you compare guys early in their careers to all-time greats. It's not just a matter of talent. How many guys can play QB at an MVP level until at least their mid-40s while going to at least 10 Super Bowls, winning 7 of them? The answer is none of them. There will be no next Tom Brady. 

Just hope and cheer for Joe Burrow to be the best Joe Burrow he can be. Lets say Burrow plays until he's 40, goes to 4 Super Bowls, and wins 2 of them. Cincinnati would (rightfully) immortalize him and he'd be a 1st Ballot Hall of Famer. Still wouldn't be Tom Brady. It's an absurd conversation.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Could give a shit about Rex Ryan and other talking heads
Reply/Quote
I still like Joel Klatt’s Joe Montana comparison the best. Burrow is Joe Cool 2.0.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:21 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Could give a shit about Rex Ryan and other talking heads

Then why bother to comment?
Reply/Quote
Remember when Brady's level jumped so much in 2007 when the Patriots added Randy Moss?
To me, that's what Chase did/does for Burrow.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 05:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Then why bother to comment?

He said he could give a sh*t, which means he does care. Ha! Wink
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
From day one,I always thought the best Quarterback comparison for Joe Burrow was Tom Brady.By next year,the Bengals could be the most dominant team in the NFL for years to come.New Dynasty.Go Bengals!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 05:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Remember when Brady's level jumped so much in 2007 when the Patriots added Randy Moss?
To me, that's what Chase did/does for Burrow.

And Brady was already 30 years old by that point. It’s not really that crazy to say Burrow is a little ahead of where Brady was at age 25.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:51 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I don't even need the next Tom Brady in terms of winning 7 Super Bowls. I'll take one victory!

Nope. We need at least 7 to shut those damn steeler fans up.

(01-16-2022, 01:10 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I agree with the first half of your statement, but disagree with the latter.

I need 10 Championships!

We see eye to eye. WTF you staring at bro?

(01-16-2022, 01:18 PM)magikod Wrote: Has that certain swagger about him, not cocky like Johnny Manziel but confident like Tom. 

I want to knock that cocky ass Mahomes out of the playoffs. Early on, he was a cool kid and I was pulling for him in the playoffs. Now he's starting to act like a entitled little punk.

(01-16-2022, 05:10 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: From day one,I always thought the best Quarterback comparison for Joe Burrow was Tom Brady.By next year,the Bengals could be the most dominant team in the NFL for years to come.New Dynasty.Go Bengals!

Yikes, Dynasty? Not that I disagree, but a little afraid to say it. However, after shedding the Jackson curse against the Raiders themselves and ending the 31yr drought? I can agree with you.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 05:19 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Nope. We need at least 7 to shut those damn steeler fans up.

I want to knock that cocky ass Mahomes out of the playoffs. Early on, he was a cool kid and I was pulling for him in the playoffs. Now he's starting to act like a entitled little punk.

Yikes, Dynasty? Not that I disagree, but a little afraid to say it. However, after shedding the Jackson curse against the Raiders themselves and ending the 31yr drought? I can agree with you.

Pervert
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 05:19 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Nope. We need at least 7 to shut those damn steeler fans up.

Be careful with that line of thinking, as I'm sure there are some who might say the same about Joe.  There is a very fine line between showing swagger and cockiness.
Reply/Quote
I think Burrow's most appropriate comparison is Drew Brees when it comes to his actual skillset.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 05:30 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I think Burrow's most appropriate comparison is Drew Brees when it comes to his actual skillset.

Nothing to be ashamed of in that comparison!
Reply/Quote
Burrow has a swag about him, comparisons will come, but I only want him to compared to one person. And that is Playoff Tom Brady, kinda like Sunday Tiger. There is something about Brady and the playoffs. That’s what we need, someone who rises to the occasion, picks everyone else up and just delivers!!!
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote