Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The next three week
When did Steve Smith become a nobody? When was Steve Smith a nobody? Ravens could easily be 3-0 same way they are 0-3, they have kept in every game this year.

A good win is a good win no matter how you look at it, I dont care if we win by 1 or 50, just win. Fans complaining after a 3-0 start are delusional, and fans complaining about others being happy at a 3-0 start are even MORE delusional. Of course we are gonna be happy we won, its the damn bengals forum.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 01:48 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: One week at a time.

Chiefs are next and we will have to see how they do tomorrow night.

The good thing about todays loss is that the defense played poorly so Marvin is really going to get after them this week. They will have a much better performance.

Chiefs have one of the best defenses in the league with a really good pash rush. Dalton will have to hold onto the ball when he gets sacked this week, but I have faith he will keep ballin out like he has been. Chiefs will be a close one and I predicted it as our first loss back in some thread a while ago, still, I think the Bengals will put em down with the way we have been looking.

???
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Also we need a post limit before trolls like this post threads, hes complaining about us being happy after a close win... Sorry?
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 09:53 AM)michaelsean Wrote: ???

Good catch.  
Reply/Quote
I like our chances against the Chefs and Seachickens @ PBS
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 09:53 AM)Element Wrote: Also we need a post limit before trolls like this post threads, hes complaining about us being happy after a close win... Sorry?

Yes, for sure.
Reply/Quote
We are on a roll. I don't think we are unbeatable, but it will take a good effort to beat us. Still have room for improvement, getting Hill going and tackling better.
Reply/Quote
Before the season I sat down with a buddy who is also a Bengals fan and we went down a list and marked W & L by game. Obviously we had to assume a relatively healthy roster. I had the Bengals going 14-2 (he thought I was nuts and said 8-8/9-7 due to strength of schedule) with the first loss of the season being against the Bills. Lets be honest here, the Bengals NEVER beat the Bills so I went with that just because that is how it always goes. I think the Bengals are the better team in that matchup.
Reply/Quote
I think we can handle Andy Reid's Chiefs.

Russell Wilson's mobility concerns me, especially considering our issues at linebacker. And their secondary is nothing to scoff at. So yeah, the Seahawks worry me.

The Bills I could see going either way. It's just going to boil down to which Andy Dalton and which Tyrod Taylor show up that day.

If the Bengals can take two of the next three I will be very happy.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I really thought the Bengals would lose that game yesterday. That was a great win, even though it should have been a 24-0 romp in the middle of the 4th quarter. I like the aggressive attitude to go for it on 4th down at the end of the half. I HATED the interception at the start of the 3rd quarter. You just can't make that throw.

That being said, I am perfectly happy where this team is right now. All of the offensive guys have shown that they can make plays when called on. The defense has been pretty good as well.

I think we beat the Chiefs and Seahawks and lose on the road to Buffalo. I'll take a 5-1 start every year.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 09:56 AM)bengals73 Wrote: I like our chances against the Chefs and Seachickens @ PBS

Especially if the fans give them a good noise treatment like the opponent sees when they are at home.

With all 3 games, the only thing that I am concernced about is keeping the QB contained on defense.  All 3 teams have a guy who can make you pay if you let him out of the pocket.  With that said, we're gonna roll!
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 01:22 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: When you guys are done drooling over a game that should've been a comfy win, realize that stuff is only gonna get real from here on out.

Heres our next three games:

1. Cheifs.
2. Seahawks.
3. Bills

Our defense CANNOT tackle Jamall Charles if they tackle in any way close to as they did against the Ravens' offense (who consisted of nobodies all around)

Seahawks will stack against the run and dare Dalton to beat the legion of Boom...yeah.

If the Bills play anywhere near the way they did today, we could very well go 0-3 before our by.

1. Chefs. You say you're worried about Charles due to our "poor tackling", yet we held the Ravens to their worst rushing output by far this season. In their first 2 games, the Ravens averaged 91 yards on 3.8 per rush against a pair of solid defenses (Denver and Oakland). They managed only 36 yards on 2.0 per rush against the Bengals. 

Fwiw, the Chiefs are 10-7 (.588) on the road under Andy Reid. The Bengals are 14-2-1 (.853) at home during the same span, with wins over the Patriots, Packers, Steelers, Ravens, Colts, Broncos, Falcons and Chargers. The Bengals only home losses over the last 3 years were to division teams (Steelers and Browns).

2. Seahawks. Dalton is 2nd in the NFL with a 121.1 passer rating while Hill is struggling so far. So stacking up for Hill and challenging Dalton to beat a defense that has allowed a 101.5 rating to opponents probably wouldn't be a slick move. Sherman can probably maintain AJ with safety help over the top, but what about Eifert, MLJ, Gio, etc?

Btw, the Seahawks are 10-8 (.556) on the road since 2013. I'm sure most of those losses are to good teams...like the Bengals.

3. Bills. This game worries me the most, but there's still plenty of reason to believe we can win. Dalton has been solid against the Bills (86.2 rating) and he roasted Rex's Jets for 5 TD's in his only game against him. The Bengals are a combined 3-0 against the Bills and Jets since 2011. 

It kills me when some people act like the only way to be objective is to be pessimistic. There are far more reasons to be positive about the next 3 games. 

The Bengals are 43-23-1 (.649) since 2011. Maybe it's time we show some confidence in them? If this were the playoffs or prime-time, I'd understand, but the Bengals have been flat dominant in regular season day-time games.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Meh, I have more faith in this team than I've had sine 2005 because we have struggled within the division in the Dalton/Marvin era and it looks like the division is little more than crap without Pig Ben.
Reply/Quote
This team will be ready to go Sunday.

The best kind of win for us is a win in which the defense plays poorly (like what just happened yesterday)

This really gets Marvins panties in a bunch and he will be ripping the defense all week. He takes pride in his defense, and you know they are gonna come out firing next week.

KC doesn't have many threats imo. Charles is the main beast to stop, but after that you have Maclin and Kelce, guys who can easily be worked around.

Our secondary should win us this game, but we will need to trick Alex Smith with some good play calling from PaulyG.

On offense, I trust us more than I ever have before.

The Cheifs have a good young rookie corner, and I can see Andy getting overconfident and throwing a pick to him. Be careful Andy.

Our O line is good enough to counter the hall of fame pass rush by Derrick Thomas, Andy just needs to take his lumps if necessary and not turn the ball over trying to escape dangerously.

I think our team will be very prepared and ready to go for this one.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 01:22 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: When you guys are done drooling over a game that should've been a comfy win, realize that stuff is only gonna get real from here on out.

1. Cheifs.
2. Seahawks.
3. Bills

Our defense CANNOT tackle Jamall Charles if they tackle in any way close to as they did against the Ravens' offense (who consisted of nobodies all around)

Seahawks will stack against the run and dare Dalton to beat the legion of Boom...yeah.

If the Bills play anywhere near the way they did today, we could very well go 0-3 before our by.

Our defense will be okay....

Seahawks arent as good as they have been in years past... We beat them the last time we faced them in their house. with Dalton and not such a good team..

Bills can play. It all depends on how they match up... While they have a good defense a good offense can put up points on them see NE
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 02:05 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Who urinated in your morning carbohydrates....

Can you at least give it 24 hours before you get all doom and gloom. Enjoy the ride or you'll miss it.

I am enjoying the ride. I must've gotten off too early.
Reply/Quote
On paper, the Bills game looks like the only "sure win".

That said, I can easily see a letdown against the Bills if they beat KC and Seattle. Plus, Buffalo is pretty decent and by far are no slouch. I would be quite happy if they go 2-1. I just hope they beat the Chiefs and Bills if they do go 2-1. Losing to an NFC team doesn't hurt that much as losing to an AFC team.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 01:44 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: On paper, the Bills game looks like the only "sure win".

That said, I can easily see a letdown against the Bills if they beat KC and Seattle. Plus, Buffalo is pretty decent and by far are no slouch. I would be quite happy if they go 2-1. I just hope they beat the Chiefs and Bills if they do go 2-1. Losing to an NFC team doesn't hurt that much as losing to an AFC team.

well cheifs coming off a MNF game helps us a bit.
Reply/Quote
Let's not forget, us fans can do our part against the Chiefs and Seahawks!

We can make the stadium as loud and hostile as ever. Not in a criminal way, of course.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 01:22 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: When you guys are done drooling over a game that should've been a comfy win, realize that stuff is only gonna get real from here on out.

1. Cheifs.
2. Seahawks.
3. Bills

First of all, AT Baltimore in their home opener is not a cupcake game and Baltimore almost never loses in Baltimore. Ravens may go 7-1 in Baltimore with Bengals being their only home loss. .....At Oakland in their home opener was no cupcake win, since Bengals had never won in Oakland in their long history, and since Raiders are now 2-0, their only loss to THE BENGALS. .....and Rivers and Chargers coming back into THE JUNGLE for first time since they beat us in the play-offs January of 2014, certainly that was no cupcake win......So I don't get where you are coming up with this team we should have been easy and beat and comfy win jazz. It don't fly, Daddy, not with me.  If you think at Baltimore is an easy win, then you know very little about the NFL. ....Here are indeed THE FACTS....Baltimore has gone 6-2 at home the last 2 seasons. 12-4 and now 12-5, it would be even better home record, but Bengals laid some rare home losses on them.

Now, that said, I will give you that the next 3 teams are also tough NFL teams.  I will just look at the next game, taking it one game at a time. The Chiefs have to come here. ...Now The Chiefs have to play on the road tonight in Green Bay and board a jet sometime Tuesday, fly back to KC, and are on a short week of practice, and then get on a jet and fly to Cincinnati Friday or Saturday. No no matter how you slice it, the schedule makers did them no favor on jet lag and short week. Plus, they are coming into THE JUNGLE where the Bengals have dominated the last few years....I'm sorry about your  prediction of doom, but the Bengals will probably be 4-0 after the Chiefs game in THE JUNGLE. 

So I don't want to hear this nonsense that Bengals haven't played anybody and these next teams will beat us. If that is all the negatives or trolls have to serve up, they are low on ammunition. The Bengals are 3-0, read it and weep. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote