Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The nfl,refs, and #1 seed in the afc
I just noticed if we beat the Chiefs we would then be the #1 seed in the Afc,which would be a major turn around from the bad loss we just encountered that was also helped won by the refs.

Mark it down as a loss guys, the Nfl is against small market teams like bengals,lions,browns and so on. They will not allow us to get that glory no way no how not even for a week in midseason. They cant have their bandwagon fans from around the country upset. They have to satisfy the green bay packers and steelers fans. Not only is roger goodel a steeler fan, they arent going to cost themselves money.

Has pitt really been that good of team over the years and their disfunctional team for moree then a decade i think they had one 8-8 season since ive been a fan. Or does the nfl push them into the playoffs so they can maximize profits. If pitt is in the playoffs the whole country is watching. Its like lebron you know will be in the finals or close to it every year despite his team. He will get helped with ticky tack phantom calls.

Does the bengals get called for the illegal pick at the end? I think they do, matter of fact they dont get 3 extra downs to make it happen like the steelers do and no holding calls for the bengals? Forget it. The nfl couldnt allow the steelers to be buried,too much money on the line. Its sad to say but we will never win a ring here in Cincinnati,not bc of coaching or talent but bc we arent that big of market and never will be. The majority dont want to see the bengals win a ring.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 09:29 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I just noticed if we beat the Chiefs we would then be the #1 seed in the Afc,which would be a major turn around from the bad loss we just encountered that was also helped won by the refs.

Mark it down as a loss guys, the Nfl is against small market teams like bengals,lions,browns and so on. They will not allow us to get that glory no way no how not even for a week in midseason. They cant have their bandwagon fans from around the country upset. They have to satisfy the green bay packers and steelers fans. Not only is roger goodel a steeler fan, they arent going to cost themselves money.

Has pitt really been that good of team over the years and their disfunctional team for moree then a decade i think they had one 8-8 season since ive been a fan. Or does the nfl push them into the playoffs so they can maximize profits. If pitt is in the playoffs the whole country is watching. Its like lebron you know will be in the finals or close to it every year despite his team. He will get helped with ticky tack phantom calls.

Does the bengals get called for the illegal pick at the end? I think they do, matter of fact they dont get 3 extra downs to make it happen like the steelers do and no holding calls for the bengals? Forget it. The nfl couldnt allow the steelers to be buried,too much money on the line. Its sad to say but we will never win a ring here in Cincinnati,not bc of coaching or talent but bc we arent that big of market and never will be. The majority dont want to see the bengals win a ring.
But but but it's impossible to rig games ! ...except when it is .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Kansas City isn't exactly a big market. They are 33rd and Cincinnati is 35th. The difference is they have the new golden boy Patrick Mahomes with perceived coaching guru Andy Reid. The NFL wants stories...new and fresh stories. Cincinnati has done nothing compelling for them to highlight. Plus they don't have the same level of a national following as other teams. It's up to the Bengals to change that and make themselves the story. And you do that by winning.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 10:07 PM)pally Wrote: Kansas City isn't exactly a big market.  They are 33rd and Cincinnati is 35th. The difference is they have the new golden boy Patrick Mahomes with perceived coaching guru Andy Reid.  The NFL wants stories...new and fresh stories.  Cincinnati has done nothing compelling for them to highlight. Plus they don't have the same level of a national following as other teams.  It's up to the Bengals to change that and make themselves the story.  And you do that by winning.
I do agree with the stories, but kc fans compared to ours are a lot more and crazier then what we have and they can never go far either without the pats beating them.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 09:29 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Does the bengals get called for the illegal pick at the end? I think they do, matter of fact they dont get 3 extra downs to make it happen like the steelers do and no holding calls for the bengals? Forget it. The nfl couldnt allow the steelers to be buried,too much money on the line. Its sad to say but we will never win a ring here in Cincinnati,not bc of coaching or talent but bc we arent that big of market and never will be. The majority dont want to see the bengals win a ring.

I totally agree with this paragraph. Makes me sad.

Reply/Quote
If Marvin had half a brain and Andy or AJ had any sense of awareness then that final drive would be null and void because it wouldn’t have happened.

Conspiracy theories are just that....theories. The FACT is if we had better coaching we would have beat the Steelers last week AND we would have won the playoff game last year. Just poor game awareness by our lovely head coach. It is the Bengals own doing.

If you disagree then I would ask you to explain the call at the goal line this last week where it was clearly a TD but the refs EVEN AFTER REVIEW kept the call on the field.

We need to stop making excuses for this team.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 12:33 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: If Marvin had half a brain and Andy or AJ had any sense of awareness then that final drive would be null and void because it wouldn’t have happened.

Conspiracy theories are just that....theories. The FACT is if we had better coaching we would have beat the Steelers last week AND we would have won the playoff game last year. Just poor game awareness by our lovely head coach. It is the Bengals own doing.

If you disagree then I would ask you to explain the call at the goal line this last week where it was clearly a TD but the refs EVEN AFTER REVIEW kept the call on the field.

We haven’t been in the playoffs since 2015...

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 12:33 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: If Marvin had half a brain and Andy or AJ had any sense of awareness then that final drive would be null and void because it wouldn’t have happened.

Conspiracy theories are just that....theories. The FACT is if we had better coaching we would have beat the Steelers last week AND we would have won the playoff game last year.  Just poor game awareness by our lovely head coach. It is the Bengals own doing.

Which goaline? The one where it turned into a gialine stop by us? Fine call that a td,but theres other plays like was dennard really down first with posession. Or daltons best looking play ever to boyd called back on a phantom hold,then the bengals have to punt. So many goofy freaking calls against us all the time vs top teams, are we the only ones that get shafted,no just watch any other small market team and youll see the same crap. Its sad but the nfl has an agenda for the teams with the best revanue. I dont even know why they let us beat pitt one year i think 2013. But we lost the first round of course. Remember that one sunday night game where it ended by a weird call on peko. I bet theres just a long list of crazy game deciding calls against us its not even funny.
Reply/Quote

Conspiracy theories are just that....theories. The FACT is if we had better coaching we would have beat the Steelers last week AND we would have won the playoff game last year.  Just poor game awareness by our lovely head coach. It is the Bengals own doing.

This our last drive should of been the last drive of the game we went for chunks of yardage and didn't play it smart. We should of used up the clock on that drive but bad coaching and it falls in Marvins lap since he makes the final calls on the field and can over rule anyone during the game.
Reply/Quote
I just don't buy into it. If this really were the case, the Browns would always be better than they are. No matter where I live in the country, I always run into Browns fans. Plus, they always sell out their game regardless of record. They have serious dedicated and die hard fans. I know we all have stories or know the stories of asshole Browns fans, but they always support their team. So you would think if everything was rigged that the NFL would want to reward a supportive fan base that spends a lot of money with the league.

Has anyone seen the NFL Shop commercial where the dad is wearing Browns gear and tells his daughter who's wearing Steelers gear that she can't leave the house dressed like that? I have no doubt that the Browns outsell the Bengals and probably by a large margin. So the Browns hit the checkmark for money. Cleveland is also the 17th largest TV market in the country (Cincinnati is 34th). So they hit the checkmark there (at least over us). Cleveland has to debunk this theory because they generate revenue and aren't exactly a small TV market. We all know Pittburgh has more bandwagon fans than every team except New England, but Pittsburgh is a smaller TV market than Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
I don't know if the NFL is slightly rigged or not...but I do know the NFL would lose out on millions if the Bengals made or won a superbowl.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Of course the NFL is rigged, to what extent and whos favor who knows. It is rigged just like our government, MLB, Nascar, NHRA, pro Boxing, American Red Cross just to name a few and most any other "organization" where serious money is present. Where there is huge money, there are fingers.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 10:13 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: I just don't buy into it. If this really were the case, the Browns would always be better than they are. No matter where I live in the country, I always run into Browns fans. Plus, they always sell out their game regardless of record. They have serious dedicated and die hard fans. I know we all have stories or know the stories of asshole Browns fans, but they always support their team. So you would think if everything was rigged that the NFL would want to reward a supportive fan base that spends a lot of money with the league.

Has anyone seen the NFL Shop commercial where the dad is wearing Browns gear and tells his daughter who's wearing Steelers gear that she can't leave the house dressed like that? I have no doubt that the Browns outsell the Bengals and probably by a large margin. So the Browns hit the checkmark for money. Cleveland is also the 17th largest TV market in the country (Cincinnati is 34th). So they hit the checkmark there (at least over us). Cleveland has to debunk this theory because they generate revenue and aren't exactly a small TV market. We all know Pittburgh has more bandwagon fans than every team except New England, but Pittsburgh is a smaller TV market than Cleveland.

I don't feel that many games are out right rigged.  There is only so much the refs can do to help one team or screw another before it becomes obvious.  The '05 SB comes to mind as a rare game that was out right fixed.

However, the reality is that in close games, it's a lot like boxing.  The champ is going to get the benefit of the the doubt on the score cards.  Similarly, last Sunday, the "champ" got the benefit of the doubt.  The game came down to hinging on whether the refs called OPI or not and the refs swallowed the whistle for the perennial champs.  Against teams like the Steelers, we have to beat them by 10 on the field to beat them by 3 on the scoreboard.  It's tough, because they almost always have a good team, but not impossible.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 12:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We haven’t been in the playoffs since 2015...

Yeah, but if we had, we would have won!  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
You think the Chiefs aren't a small market team?
Reply/Quote

ZZZzzzzzZZZZZZ
Reply/Quote

Explain the Patriots winning the super bowl after 9/11, explain the Saints winning the super bowl after Katrina, explain the Ravens winning the super bowl after Ray Lewis said he was retiring and it was a Harbaugh brothers super bowl, explain Peyton Manning winning a super bowl before he retired
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 10:07 PM)pally Wrote:   Cincinnati has done nothing compelling for them to highlight. 

So the charities these players partake in or create and run doesnt count? I think it's the team. Chad Johnson wore shoes for breast cancer awareness but was fined (At least I think he was) but now the NFL adopted his stance.

(10-19-2018, 10:13 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: I just don't buy into it. If this really were the case, the Browns would always be better than they are.

I agree. I think the bias of the NFL exists in the refs, but not the game or the league. 

(10-19-2018, 11:44 AM)sandwedge Wrote: ZZZzzzzzZZZZZZ

Dude, wake up and grab some of this koolaid.

(10-19-2018, 02:36 PM)Trademark Wrote: Explain the Patriots winning the super bowl after 9/11, explain the Saints winning the super bowl after Katrina, explain the Ravens winning the super bowl after Ray Lewis said he was retiring and it was a Harbaugh brothers super bowl, explain Peyton Manning winning a super bowl before he retired

Player motivation maybe? 911 was horrible as well as Katrina. Many of us find that extra stuff that touches our hearts to create a "step up" attitude. I think a lot of this rides on the refs backs. If you don't grow up a football fan, then you don't have a desire to learn the game. All of these guys had their favorites growing up. There will always be a bias. Had we won those 2 SB's from SF, calls might go in our favor. Had we not ended up on the paper every other week with a new story about a player in jail or a tragedy involving one (RIP 15) it might be different. A lot of this is the organizations doing by being to lenient. We are going to climb out of the cellar. 

Reply/Quote

I love this. Tomlin is no where near a good coach either. He is so overrated. The FACTS are that we play a tight game with the Steelers every time we play.  There is always controversy. Every single time. Every game there is either a new rule made or some kind of bullshit that helps them win. If it was just every once in awhile or we would get a call to win a close one then you would have an argument. Hell , even the national media has starting taking notice.

Everyone seems to think that if Bengals fans complain about the officials we mean that there are people in a room purposely fixing the games and laughing like evil scientists. There is more subtle ways to influence calls and non-calls. What do you here on the Nfl shows when they talk about the Steelers and Bengals?  When they talk about the Steelers you here crap like hard-nosed or tough and gritty, doing what they have to do to win. When they talk about the Bengals all you get is the "Bengals play dirty" propaganda. You hear that over and over and over and over etc........  You dont think that plays into officiating? 

There has been bad coaching on this team, there is no arguing that but Marvin Lewis knows football and he has been well above .500 against the rest of the NFL. Something stinks when we play those piss-yellow bastards and every one knows it.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 02:36 PM)Trademark Wrote: Explain the Patriots winning the super bowl after 9/11, explain the Saints winning the super bowl after Katrina, explain the Ravens winning the super bowl after Ray Lewis said he was retiring and it was a Harbaugh brothers super bowl, explain Peyton Manning winning a super bowl before he retired

Explain how the Pats winning the SB after 9/11 made extra money for the league? I never understood that. Do you think people watched the game who normally wouldn’t because one of the teams was named the Patriots and people were feeling extra Patriotic? Seems kind of silly.

The Saints won the SB four years after Katrina.

Ray Lewis and Manning winning in their final seasons was a great story. That doesn’t prove anything. With 50 guys on each team the league will find story lines to promote regardless of what team makes it.
Reply/Quote