Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The offense has really improved
(11-11-2022, 12:12 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The truth, if we see the Offense start to really improve against OUR Division we can roll.

I see it happening myself, starting with the stealers next Sunday after this one.

(11-11-2022, 03:21 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Definitely have a big chance to get rolling in the division against the steelers next week and believe the Bengals do just that.

Yep

We have to flip the script against the Steelers, have too
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 11:13 AM)Wyche Wrote: If we come out blazing against the Stoolers, it will be a 3 game stretch of offensive firepower. Wink

I sure like the sound of it....but, please, watch when Watt doesn't rush.  We have thrown RIGHT at him just waiting several times now....assuming he is playing.  
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 11:16 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, two games in a row, anyway.  (offense didn't really score much versus Cle. on Halloween)

I think you were speaking it in to existence this way:

Carolina, pittsburgh, Tennessee

Rock On
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 12:12 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: My thought process? My mindset? Joe Burrow has not been able to get practice time because of his appendectomy. We’ve got to rely on the run game the first few games. I’m sorry it was a disaster. Not letting that get by. And I do think they were naive about the OL and the offense out the gate.

Yeah I think we mightve turned the first 2 weeks into wins if we would've helped out the tackles against Watt and Parsons instead of just expecting them to win.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 10:43 PM)michaelsean Wrote: How many times have they been trounced?  I’m seeing once, and losing on the last play three times.

Yes, I was perplexed by that post myself. We got beat on pretty good by the Stains, that is it.

All the rest could of been wins with a break or two going our way.
Reply/Quote
OK, so I used the wrong word. Instead of "trounced" how about "beat?" Losing by 3 or 3 TD's is still a loss.
Reply/Quote
I will have faith when we put together a good, successful, plan to stop a good pass rush.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 10:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I get what you are saying, J, but you realize that only about 1 team has done that this season (Buffalo) and then they have had struggles since?  KC has been inconsistent. Baltimore crazy inconsistent.  

This team had Burrow coming out of camp with no practice at all for 3 weeks due to a ruptured appendix.  The overhauled line is just starting to mesh.  Mixon appears to be doing another 2018, where 80% of his production came in the final 8 games.  Getting Chase back would make them lethal.  If they can stay balanced with a rushing attack, I think they can put up 30 without Ja'marr if he isn't ready.  

I do get what you are saying so let's revisit after beating pitt and Tennessee.  

With the positives you are saying about the Bengals, we can totally say them about the Ravens,, Jackson is healthy and the Ravens have been pretty healthy, their defense seems back to form and probably get Andrews and Edwards back plus they should be getting their Ojabo their 2nd round LB back also.  They have a major advantage in schedule plus division record.. I don;t see them going backwards unless they get injuries
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 10:11 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: With the positives you are saying about the Bengals, we can totally say them about the Ravens,, Jackson is healthy and the Ravens have been pretty healthy, their defense seems back to form and probably get Andrews and Edwards back plus they should be getting their Ojabo their 2nd round LB back also.  They have a major advantage in schedule plus division record.. I don;t see them going backwards unless they get injuries

Don't see it happening either. Bengals just have to take care of their own business by beating the Ravens and majority of their. teams remaining and see where the chips fall.

Yet who would have thought the Bills would be going backwards and are now in 3rd place in their division and only one game ahead of the Patriots who are in last place in division.

Think Bill's bounce back but Allen is in a rut at crunch time presently and will have to get that out of his head.  Plus his running style is going to get him hurt one day, maybe not this year, but it's coming if he keeps trying to truck people when running the ball.   

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 12:16 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Don't see it happening either. Bengals just have to take care of their own business by beating the Ravens and majority of their. teams remaining and see where the chips fall.

Yet who would have thought the Bills would be going backwards and are now in 3rd place in their division and only one game ahead of the Patriots who are in last place in division.

Think Bill's bounce back but Allen is in a rut at crunch time presently and will have to get that out of his head.  Plus his running style is going to get him hurt one day, maybe not this year, but it's coming if he keeps trying to truck people when running the ball.   

All true, man that Vikings/Bills game was INSANE!

That might of been the wildest end to a game I have ever witnessed in football. Mellow

Allen better start protecting that throwing arm, as bad as the interceptions were, him trying to tackle on the returns using his
throwing arm was the dumbest part. The Bills are beatable when they turn the ball over and their Defense isn't tackling well.

The Vikings are for real though and have some definite magic going on.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 03:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All true, man that Vikings/Bills game was INSANE!

That might of been the wildest end to a game I have ever witnessed in football. Mellow

Allen better start protecting that throwing arm, as bad as the interceptions were, him trying to tackle on the returns using his
throwing arm was the dumbest part. The Bills are beatable when they turn the ball over and their Defense isn't tackling well.

The Vikings are for real though and have some definite magic going on.

And Allen also running over LB's for another 3-4 yards after already getting 25 isn't the smartest.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 10:11 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: With the positives you are saying about the Bengals, we can totally say them about the Ravens,, Jackson is healthy and the Ravens have been pretty healthy, their defense seems back to form and probably get Andrews and Edwards back plus they should be getting their Ojabo their 2nd round LB back also.  They have a major advantage in schedule plus division record.. I don;t see them going backwards unless they get injuries

Every team has injuries.  Their QB runs the ball A LOT, thus increasing the likelihood of him being injured.  I applaud their move to bring in Roquan Smith, but their team has struggled down the stretch each of the last few seasons.  Teams figure out how to defend them.  It should be a good race to the division crown.  
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 04:01 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Every team has injuries.  Their QB runs the ball A LOT, thus increasing the likelihood of him being injured.  I applaud their move to bring in Roquan Smith, but their team has struggled down the stretch each of the last few seasons.  Teams figure out how to defend them.  It should be a good race to the division crown.  

Losing Rashod Bateman for the season is huge. For a QB that has issues staying in the pocket and being accurate that's a huge loss. There are crunch time games late in the year where a QB simply has to stay in the pocket and make big time throws on 3rd down and that is not a strength of LJ.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 03:57 PM)higgy100 Wrote: And Allen also running over LB's for another 3-4 yards after already getting 25 isn't the smartest.

I think this type of play will come back to bite him and the Bills, I agree Higgy. Not smart, I don't care how big you are.

(11-14-2022, 04:01 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Every team has injuries.  Their QB runs the ball A LOT, thus increasing the likelihood of him being injured.  I applaud their move to bring in Roquan Smith, but their team has struggled down the stretch each of the last few seasons.  Teams figure out how to defend them.  It should be a good race to the division crown.  

It should. As long as we win this next Sunday and beat the Ratbirds next time we play in our place we are right in the hunt.

(11-14-2022, 04:10 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Losing Rashod Bateman for the season is huge. For a QB that has issues staying in the pocket and being accurate that's a huge loss. There are crunch time games late in the year where a QB simply has to stay in the pocket and make big time throws on 3rd down and that is not a strength of LJ.

Didn't know they lost Bateman for the season, that is a big deal.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 11:16 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, two games in a row, anyway.  (offense didn't really score much versus Cle. on Halloween)

Ha, ha, oops! I guess I skipped right over that nightmare. Hilarious

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 11:06 AM)Wyche Wrote: Ha, ha, oops! I guess I skipped right over that nightmare. Hilarious

Understandable lol
Reply/Quote

They have not struggled down the stretch with Jackson, as a whole, outside of the injured team they were last year, from 2018 to 2020, they were 16-2:their last 6 games of season, they are a closer team with Jackson.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 04:28 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: They have not struggled down the stretch with Jackson, as a whole, outside of the injured team they were last year, from 2018 to 2020, they were 16-2:their last 6 games of season, they are a closer team with Jackson.

Ok, in 2021, they went 1-6 down the stretch.  Injuries when you play the game a certain way are bound to happen.  Ask Josh Allen.  
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 08:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ok, in 2021, they went 1-6 down the stretch.  Injuries when you play the game a certain way are bound to happen.  Ask Josh Allen.  

Yes sir. When you play like a RB and you are a QB a lot of the time injuries are much more likely to occur. Just a fact.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 09:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I sure like the sound of it....but, please, watch when Watt doesn't rush.  We have thrown RIGHT at him just waiting several times now....assuming he is playing.  

I truly think the best way to neutralize Watt is to put an extra lineman on that side and let Mixon and Perine run right at him on every down. Leave him exhausted and puking on the turf and he won't have much of a pass rush.
Reply/Quote