Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The offense is starting to take on Burrow's personality
Information 
(10-27-2021, 08:33 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I played football from 4th grade into college.  I understand "intangibles" as well as anyone.

I think the problem some people around here is the worship of Burrow makes them blind to what all the other players on the team are doing.

The team never got any more confident last year when  Burrow had the exact same personality that he has this year.  They are more confident this year because they have a much more talented and healthy team.

Just look at the won lost records.  You have to be an idiot to not see it.

And I 100% guarantee that if we had not upgraded our talent on offense and were still losing absolutely NONE of the Burrow sycophants would be claiming our losing record was the result of the the team taking on Joe's personality.

Of course the NFL is a talent league but doesn't change the fact confidence is key no matter what you do in life.

As a leader if you are confident others around you can read that and are more relaxed. If you are nervous others around you are alot more tense and anxious.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 08:51 AM)Synric Wrote: Of course the NFL is a talent league but doesn't change the fact confidence is key no matter what you do in life.

If you are confident others around you can read that and are more relaxed. If you are nervous others around you are alot more tense and anxious.

Again, just look at the win/loss record from last year when Burrow had the same personality.

The team is better because of better health and talent.  Why try to give all that credit to Burrow instead of the players who deserve it.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 08:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Again, just look at the win/loss record from last year when Burrow had the same personality.

The team is better because of better health and talent.  Why try to give all that credit to Burrow instead of the players who deserve it.

Because there can be only 1....  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 08:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Again, just look at the win/loss record from last year when Burrow had the same personality.

Who said I was taking their credit? I'm saying it's a proven fact your personality can affect the people around you and how they act. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 08:58 AM)Synric Wrote:  I'm saying it's a proven fact your personality can affect the people around you and how they act. 

If it is a fact then last years losing record can be blamed in part on Burrow's personality, right?

If what you say is true then you can't pick and chose when the personality has an effect and when it does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 09:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If it is a fact then last years losing record can be blamed in part on Burrow's personality, right?

If what you say is true then you can't pick and chose when the personality has an effect and when it does not.

I said already of course talent and injuries are a big factor in win loss record. The NFL is a talent league. 

But that doesnt change basic psychology your personality has positive and negative effects on the people around you. So a confident relaxed self controlled leader will relax people and give them confidence in what they are doing.

It's like a driver with a full car. If the driver is calm relaxed and confident the other people in the car act the same. If a driver is nervous tense and anxious the rest of the people are nervous tense and anxious.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 09:10 AM)Synric Wrote: I said already of course talent and injuries are a big factor in win loss record. The NFL is a talent league. 

But that doesnt change basic psychology your personality has positive and negative effects on the people around you. So a confident relaxed self controlled leader will relax people and give them confidence in what they are doing.

It's like a driver with a full car. If the driver is calm relaxed and confident the other people in the car act the same. If a driver is nervous tense and anxious the rest of the people are nervous tense and anxious.

I guess I just never saw the rest of the Bengal veterans as helpless children that were incapable of controlling their emotions before Burrow showed up.

Look at the examples many people have posted in this thread.  they are comparing Burrow to a coach who dealt with small children, or a general wholed inexperienced young men into battle.  I just don't see the veterans on this team as children looking up to Burrow as an adult to lead them.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 08:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You don't understand how things work around here.

When a former NFL player says anything bad about the Bengals he is stupid.

When a former players says something you agree with then his knowledge can not be challenged.

Wan to see a dozen examples of what I am talking about?

Only if they pertain to this topic. 
Reply/Quote
This thread officially sucks to read.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 05:44 PM)Joelist Wrote: The one thing Andy was never quite able to do (and I was and am a big proponent of what he did for us) was become the emotional template for the offense. Burrow is doing it, and each week we see the offense taking on Burrow's own traits, They are smarter out there, tougher minded, confident without being cocky and aggressive. They are starting a bit to think like their QB, and that is something only the best QBs typically can accomplish.

That's how you see things like against Jax Burrow calls an audible into a play they hadn't even practiced and just assumes CJ will know what to do  - and he was right! He trusts his people to know what to do. He did similar stuff Sunday with both Chase and Uzo (again). The last Bengal QB to truly pull this off was actually Boomer.

How can you not want to take a bullet for this guy.  Does he cry about his line when he gets hit almost every snap at the beginning of a game?  No, he stays focused and overcomes.  Then, he praises the guys for giving him time to find guys downfield.  

He is an incredibly talented and cerebral QB, but his toughness is vastly underrated.  Watching what he is doing in his 17th start in the NFL with a VERY young squad is nothing short of amazing.  He has his confidence in his knee back (showing GREAT mobility this week) and he is attacking teams down the field.  

After they beat the Jets, I hope we hear chants of  "MVP!  MVP!  MVP!"  against the Browns for him. 
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 06:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Guess you missed that horrible interception in overtime against the Packers.  He tried to choke away the game, but the defense bailed him out.

I've tried and i just can't figure out what you're going to do when he shows that he's better than Andy. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 09:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: How can you not want to take a bullet for this guy.  Does he cry about his line when he gets hit almost every snap at the beginning of a game?  No, he stays focused and overcomes.  Then, he praises the guys for giving him time to find guys downfield.  

He is an incredibly talented and cerebral QB, but his toughness is vastly underrated.  Watching what he is doing in his 17th start in the NFL with a VERY young squad is nothing short of amazing.  He has his confidence in his knee back (showing GREAT mobility this week) and he is attacking teams down the field.  

After they beat the Jets, I hope we hear chants of  "MVP!  MVP!  MVP!"  against the Browns for him. 

Well said and hope to hear that in PBS in a couple weeks...

(10-27-2021, 06:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

No horse shit Joe, no horse shit. Mellow
Reply/Quote
I want to buy bunk beds for one of the spare bedrooms and adopt Joey B and Ja'Marr.... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 06:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've tried and i just can't figure out what you're going to do when he shows that he's better than Andy. 

I have no idea what you are talking about.  I have said repeatedly that I like Burrow's potential better than Andy and that he has the ability to be a much better player than Andy.

But remember when everyone said Burrow would fix everything last year just by "holding players accountable"?  Remember when he was not supposed to need an O-line because he could avoid any pressure?  Remember when he did not need elite WRs because he could just "throw open" any receiver.  Remember when we could concentrate on fixing the defense because Burrow would fix the offense by "making the players around him better"?  Then in the very next draft everyone is arguing about which was our biggest need, O-line or WR.

I like Burrow a lot, but some of the claims people make about him are just silly.  At some point we are going to lose another game this year.  It will be interesting to see how many of you blame it on Burrow's personality.
Reply/Quote

I’m a recalcitrant Burrow fanboy to say the least but yeah the rest of the team deserves credit too. As does the coaching staff. 
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
I was watching a youtube montage of Taylor, Burrow, Hubbard and Chase this morning and their post game clips after the Ravens beatdown. Taylor took the opportunity to throw a lot of praise on the assistant coaches for that win instead of hogging it all for himself
Reply/Quote
Joe list what did you do to Fred. He nuked this thread pretty hard. That’s personal
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 09:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I have no idea what you are talking about.  I have said repeatedly that I like Burrow's potential better than Andy and that he has the ability to be a much better player than Andy.

But remember when everyone said Burrow would fix everything last year just by "holding players accountable"?  Remember when he was not supposed to need an O-line because he could avoid any pressure?  Remember when he did not need elite WRs because he could just "throw open" any receiver.  Remember when we could concentrate on fixing the defense because Burrow would fix the offense by "making the players around him better"?  Then in the very next draft everyone is arguing about which was our biggest need, O-line or WR.

I like Burrow a lot, but some of the claims people make about him are just silly.  At some point we are going to lose another game this year.  It will be interesting to see how many of you blame it on Burrow's personality.

[Image: 80e0f2a2-ed61-4ec8-85c9-1481ee6a3f60_text.gif]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 07:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ignore Fred, he is in his disagreeable state right now... Mellow

Cynical Fred.Wow.He’s on a roll.Burrow has traits that cannot be coached.I agree with the positive analysis on Burrow.
Reply/Quote