Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The old board is finally dead
(06-01-2015, 04:26 PM)Bengaldor Wrote: They should have at least redirected the board to the main Bengals.com page, put up an advert, link to their social media stuff or something.  Just having it go to a dead page is a major loss of traffic from all the search engine links and such that will remain on Google for some time as well as type in traffic, and people that had it bookmarked and missed the news of it closing.  You don't just take down a site with that kind of history and put absolutely nothing there.

Yep.  Total amateurs.  They could have popped in a 301 redirect and captured a good bit of that SEO mojo and the straggling traffic.
Reply/Quote
Sad that it all couldn't have been archived. With that said....no loss really. This place has taken over quite well.....much better than we all expected.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm actually appreciating this boards' layout a little more. Not nearly as cluttered - at least not yet. Was never a fan of the folder within a folder within a folder, for various sub-sections....at some point over the last couple years at the old board it became frustrating to dig around for older threads and topics.
"In my mind, I'm already there"
Reply/Quote
Hey Denny, you're a tool!
Reply/Quote
The next few months or so will be vital to this boards survival over the long haul.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 03:04 PM)Benton Wrote: that's a really good point. And one that if anyone has any ideas on, happy to hear them. For the kong term health if the board, we have to find some way to bring in new folks.

We should probably do a little personal and individual inviting to our Bengal friends on Facebook and other places. I've been putting this off while waiting for the demise of the old board. Might be time to start up.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 08:57 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: We should probably do a little personal and individual inviting to our Bengal friends on Facebook and other places. I've been putting this off while waiting for the demise of the old board. Might be time to start up.

Everyone should just go to the Bengals Facebook page and tell people, if they want real Bengals discussion, go to bengalsboard.net.

If Denny has anything to do with it, they will probably get deleted but people can just keep going back every day and doing it over again.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 08:57 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: We should probably do a little personal and individual inviting to our Bengal friends on Facebook and other places. I've been putting this off while waiting for the demise of the old board. Might be time to start up.

Actually, why not start a facebook and twitter page for this board? Have the facebook page with a link to this site, we can all like it on facebook, and the same with the Twitter account. Create a Twitter for Bengals Board, and have the website available, so if the site retweets news about the Bengals people will see it and come join.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 03:04 PM)Benton Wrote: that's a really good point. And one that if anyone has any ideas on, happy to hear them. For the kong term health if the board, we have to find some way to bring in new folks.

Oh Crap. Benton is in for the Kong term.....we are all in trouble
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 07:07 PM)Tcfx17 Wrote: Yep.  Total amateurs.  They could have popped in a 301 redirect and captured a good bit of that SEO mojo and the straggling traffic.

Yeah it really makes no sense.  I guess they just gave up all together without any plan on what to do with it.  Clicks lost into the wind.  Maybe they would let me buy that 404 page off them for next to nothing since they are wasting it away anyway.  Wink
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 09:02 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Actually, why not start a facebook and twitter page for this board? Have the facebook page with a link to this site, we can all like it on facebook, and the same with the Twitter account. Create a Twitter for Bengals Board, and have the website available, so if the site retweets news about the Bengals people will see it and come join.

Good idea!
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 09:02 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Actually, why not start a facebook and twitter page for this board? Have the facebook page with a link to this site, we can all like it on facebook, and the same with the Twitter account. Create a Twitter for Bengals Board, and have the website available, so if the site retweets news about the Bengals people will see it and come join.

We have the Twitter account in place (in my sig), now just need everyone to go follow us and help spread the word!
Reply/Quote
I think everyone's backup site for news about THIS board should be that Go Bengals forum that some people moved to. In case this one crashes for any reason and people need help.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 11:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: We have the Twitter account in place (in my sig), now just need everyone to go follow us and help spread the word!

OMG!

This board is already pushing main-stream media!!! 

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote

That beats my original idea of Tequila Tuesdays or Guess Fred's Freckles Fridays.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 02:26 PM)Steeler Eater Wrote: The board shall live on forever in my avatar....muhahahaha I will never log out.

That is/was an awesome idea.  ThumbsUp

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
Begrudgingly joined up
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 05:50 AM)The Noob Avenger Wrote: Begrudgingly joined up

Well, we begrudgingly welcome you.   Wink
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 01:21 AM)Benton Wrote: That beats my original idea of Tequila Tuesdays or Guess Fred's Freckles Fridays.
Let's keep the Tequila Tuesdays and add a Tequila Thursday. ThumbsUp

[Image: pee-wee-herman-tequila-o.gif]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 02:01 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Honestly, there were a lot of douchers on that board. Denny is at the top of the list but it goes on from there...

That guy had absolutely no sense of humor what so ever.  I swear if he had not posted a picture of himself I would have no problem believing his body resembled that of a square.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote