Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The post you don't want to hear
I'm going to address a few things. I know this forum will not agree on and you hate to hear.

1- I feel like I've been fooled my entire existence as a fan with everything Marvin has said in the last few years especially. Even going into the 2013 playoff game his press conference was extremely arrogant like we were the pats or something. This guy says he shouldn't have to motivate the team which has been obvious with his dumb look on the sideline. No fighting the officials,even bill bellicheck does that. No benching guys if they are sucking,like Dre Kirkpatrick vs the Steelers. Halftime adjustments don't exist he claims which is obvious he doesn't know how to adjust. It's a lack of brains and passion coming from the top down. And we've all been enabling it and believing in it. My last hope is a new coaching staff is better or I'm at the point I got to walk away like I did the reds. The organization is just too depressing to obsess over.

2- The Qb , yes this is where all y'all get bent out of shape when he's mentioned. The Qb is the most important position in all of sports you can say. Star qbs are most likely to win the Superbowl, just look at all the playoff winners and Superbowl winners and their talent at qb. I watched Dalton this year handicap the offense,he threw a ball from mid field to Malone and it dropped at the 5 while Malone was in the end zone. There's nothing special about our qb ,he's blandy Dalton. A pocket passer with no arm strength and can't scramble. I've been watching Mayfield and his scrambling and qb mechanics,pocket presence blows Andy's away. I bet if Marvin had a better qb he would of won some playoff games even. Marvin and Andy are one of the same.

Here's another thing. People say give Andy a great o line,and surround him with talent and create this so called super team. You can say this for about every qb in the NFL!! Lol every qb in the NFL could have success like that. This is a new era of NFL where it's not that hard for qbs to transition to the NFL like fans fear. We put in a 5th rounder in McCarron who didn't suck and make us horrendous. I fear we will never win with Dalton even with a new coach . I think you would have to surround him with the same philosophy the old jets team had and old Carolina and Chicago, where you just run the ball really good and have elite defense ,and them teams still don't come up with a trophy. But the top qbs always beat them at the end.

3- NFL fixing , I know a lot here will not agree with this but I believe there is atleast biased refs and fixing going on. I can point to the Steelers winning games with help by the refs and also green bay winning just enough so their hero is back. They say it's a star driven league. It's like wrestling ,they want the stars in the main events at the end. And we just don't have the stars or the bandwagon fans across the usa to get the NFL help or ref help to win anything significant. So what needs to happen? We need to get lucky and get a star talented qb with a big fan base, and draft guys that's has potential to be big stars. I think the best star qb coming out is going to be Mayfield. He's got a lot of haters but also a lot of sport fans that just like him. He's just one example . But I'm sick of this team not winning big,and I'm not entertained by the offense since 2015 and that was the only year,where the offense was stacked and healthy. If new coaching and Mike Brown don't get smarter ,I'm going to find new hobbies and find 2nd and 3rd teams or just like certain players . Life is too short to be down and out over a football team and the fixed nfl.
Reply/Quote
I can't tell tell if you're being sarcastic by saying a lot of people won't agree with you or if you've just never actually read posts on this forum before...ever.
Reply/Quote
I'm not convinced people would ever walk away from the Bengals in mass. They'd most likely just find a scapegoat, blame them, and thing things will be better next year. Rinse. Repeat.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 06:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm not convinced people would ever walk away from the Bengals in mass. They'd most likely just find a scapegoat, blame them, and thing things will be better next year. Rinse. Repeat.

Like what many fans have done to Andy Dalton. Also Carson Palmer. Also whoever the next QB is.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If you feel you have been fooled that's on you not marvin or the bengals you can only blame yourself.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 06:00 PM)Sweetness Wrote: I can't tell tell if you're being sarcastic by saying a lot of people won't agree with you or if you've just never actually read posts on this forum before...ever.

Haha no I read these forums all the time,there's mainly Dalton defenders here and people who think the NFL is fair as they come and it's just our coaching and management.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 06:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: If you feel you have been fooled that's on you not marvin or the bengals you can only blame yourself.

He's had everyone fooled ,having everyone think he's a competent coach who knows what he's doing. 
Reply/Quote
The number 2 point is absolutely one of the dumbest things I have ever read on the board. The problem with Andy Dalton is the offensive line. Has he missed throws yes but any QB would if they constantly have to worry about getting the ball out before getting hit. Fix the Offensive line and Dalton would be back to his normal self.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 07:20 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: The number 2 point is absolutely one of the dumbest things I have ever read on the board. The problem with Andy Dalton is the offensive line. Has he missed throws yes but any QB would if they constantly have to worry about getting the ball out before getting hit. Fix the Offensive line and Dalton would be back to his normal self.

Yeah I'm done listening to our stupid fans like you. Dalton is doodoo and will never win a ring here. Give him all the talent in the world and he ain't winning a ring. He doesn't have the talent or brains to get it done or the passion to win. He looks like a lost goof just like merv.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 07:28 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Yeah I'm done listening to our stupid fans like you. Dalton is doodoo and will never win a ring here. Give him all the talent in the world and he ain't winning a ring. He doesn't have the talent or brains to get it done or the passion to win. He looks like a lost goof just like merv.

Lol 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 07:11 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Haha no I read these forums all the time,there's mainly Dalton defenders here and people who think the NFL is fair as they come and it's just our coaching and management.

There was literally a "NFL is rigged" thread like every week for the first half of the season. People talked about it the Steelers loss. Read a game day thread and tell me there's mainly Dalton defenders.

Based off your posts thus far in this thread it appears you don't actually do much reading/comprehending and more just say "na na na na na I'm right you're wrong"
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 07:12 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: He's had everyone fooled ,having everyone think he's a competent coach who knows what he's doing. 

Perhaps you're the one who's been fooled into believing that Marvin and Andy are the problem, when Mike Brown is the one that has employed both of them?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 03:15 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: I've been watching Mayfield and his scrambling and qb mechanics,pocket presence blows Andy's away. I bet if Marvin had a better qb he would of won some playoff games even. Marvin and Andy are one of the same.
Mayfield plays in the Big 12, the final score of those games are normally 77 - 72, defense abounds right ? I'd venture to say there's a very long list of future NFL defensive players he's already faced huh ?  
I bet if Marvin would have had a Heisman Trophy Winner and #1 pick he'd have won it all.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 10:46 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Mayfield plays in the Big 12, the final score of those games are normally 77 - 72, defense abounds right ? I'd venture to say there's a very long list of future NFL defensive players he's already faced huh ?  
I bet if Marvin would have had a Heisman Trophy Winner and #1 pick he'd have won it all.

Mayfield sure had his way with Ohio St and that vaunted defense...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 03:15 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: I'm going to address a few things. I know this forum will not agree on and you hate to hear.

1- I feel like I've been fooled my entire existence as a fan with everything Marvin has said in the last few years especially. Even going into the 2013 playoff game his press conference was extremely arrogant like we were the pats or something. This guy says he shouldn't have to motivate the team which has been obvious with his dumb look on the sideline........ 

That's about the time I stopped reading "The post you don't want to hear".....

You sure are living on the edge. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 11:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Mayfield sure had his way with Ohio St and that vaunted defense...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So did Iowa.

And I'm an Ohio State fan...
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 10:46 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote:  

I and many others would agree. Many think 2005 would have been the year, if not for that Heisman Trophy Winner and #1 pick getting his knee destroyed in the playoffs. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 07:20 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: The number 2 point is absolutely one of the dumbest things I have ever read on the board. The problem with Andy Dalton is the offensive line. Has he missed throws yes but any QB would if they constantly have to worry about getting the ball out before getting hit. Fix the Offensive line and Dalton would be back to his normal self.

Andy will NEVER be an elite QB idc about his 2015 season listen to me he’s never going to do anything to win us games he’s never going to be that guy to carry us to the super bowl. Stop defending him, yes the oline is bad but there’s plenty of qbs who could still dominate and secure 17-3 halftime leads
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 12:19 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: Andy will NEVER be an elite QB idc about his 2015 season listen to me he’s never going to do anything to win us games he’s never going to be that guy to carry us to the super bowl. Stop defending him, yes the oline is bad but there’s plenty of qbs who could still dominate and secure 17-3 halftime leads

Plenty of coaching staffs that could have secured that lead also. Do you think it is Dalton's fault that in every big game the Bengals average about 6 points in the second half?  Sorry, if you do, you are nuts.  This is a consistent with Marvin Lewis and the coaches....
Reply/Quote
Your thread title was spot on. Garbage post.
Reply/Quote