Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official GOP Debate Thread
(08-10-2015, 09:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If the GOP nominates a true tea party conservative then they will win.    I think Cruz will have a tough go in a general with some independents.    Paul would landslide a general .  But the progressives in the GOP are doing what they can to scare voters on his foreign policy stance.

For Rand Paul to have any serious impact on anything stronger than a saltine, he needs to improve his on camera demeanor.  Aka, stop looking like an angry elf.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-10-2015, 09:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: For Rand Paul to have any serious impact on anything stronger than a saltine, he needs to improve his on camera demeanor.  Aka, stop looking like an angry elf.

Haha agreed.
(08-10-2015, 09:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If the GOP nominates a true tea party conservative then they will win.    I think Cruz will have a tough go in a general with some independents.    Paul would landslide a general .  But the progressives in the GOP are doing what they can to scare voters on his foreign policy stance.

Paul has money issues, not to mention the negativity of his last name and his libertarian views on many things don't sit well with the GOP establishment. 

I like Paul, but I wish he would spend more of the political capital that he had selling libertarianism rather than trying to prove that he is one of the GOP. 

I do like some things that Cruz has to say, but he'll have to do a lot more to prove to me he's worthy of my vote. 

I haven't voted for the lesser of two evils in quite some time, and won't ever do it again. 

Earn my vote or don't get it.  I don't feel my vote is that significant to matter, either way.  
(08-10-2015, 09:49 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Paul has money issues, not to mention the negativity of his last name and his libertarian views on many things don't sit well with the GOP establishment. 

I like Paul, but I wish he would spend more of the political capital that he had selling libertarianism rather than trying to prove that he is one of the GOP. 

I do like some things that Cruz has to say, but he'll have to do a lot more to prove to me he's worthy of my vote. 

I haven't voted for the lesser of two evils in quite some time, and won't ever do it again. 

Earn my vote or don't get it.  I don't feel my vote is that significant to matter, either way.  

The problem is Rand isn't a libertarian and that most of what he is offering is what the rest of the GOP is offering. 

Gary Johnson 2016
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-10-2015, 09:51 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The problem is Rand isn't a libertarian and that most of what he is offering is what the rest of the GOP is offering. 

Gary Johnson 2016

That's who I voted for in 2012. 

As long as the libertarians don't nominate Bob freakin Barr again, I'll probably be voting libertarian again this time around.