Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The season ended on this play...
(11-15-2016, 02:10 AM)ANTHONY Wrote: I really think MCcarron should get a shot....Seasons over anyway.. See what we got before we lose him...

why?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:56 AM)ANTHONY Wrote: Why do people think Dalton is so good? What has he ever done? Dude blows in playoff / primetime games.. Throws stupid picks , holds the ball way to long , has always thrown the ball before the markers on a 3rd down.. I just don't get what people see in him...No one else in the NFL does thats for sure or fans of other teams...Mccarron got us closer to a playoff win then Dalton ever has or will I guarantee it...

That's so 2014......release time second only to Brady and he holds the ball too long? :paul:

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:59 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I wish i had a facepalm the size of Jupiter, right now. 

Face palm for what? Are we seriously going to act like teams don't do stupid shit for Qbs?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:58 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: AJ McCarron is, on his best day, an average quarterback. 

Dalton is light years better. 

Lrn2football

Yes, but we are going to trade McCarron this offseason. If he can win a game or two his value would go up, particularly with this OL. And we could save some wear and tear on Dalton.

Worst case is that we lose out and get the #2 pick. LOL

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good teams win ugly....

Championship teams find a way to win in the end....

I was the blind fool holding out hope that the defense would get the offense the ball back and the offense would actually find a play that yielded positive yardage.  I thought, hey, on the road, in prime time, I would take an ugly win...just get the ball back and get a FG.  

And then...the worst rushing team in the NFL rammed it down their throats, not once but TWICE.  

Great call, Paulie, playing back for the pass that was never going to happen, and great job by the LBs whiffing on the worst rushing team in the NFL.

Season over, clean house...and start thinking about FA and the draft.

The one semi-glimmering hope I saw tonight was improved special teams play. Erickson upped his returns averages, and Nugent made all four of his kicks. 
Oh, and Eifert, Green, and Dalton weren't permanently maimed. That and ten bucks will getcha a pound of good coffee.

Just think what it would be like to clean house, get real fire-breathing coaches with talent and a will to win. I'd pay cash money to see that!
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:48 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. Typical Marv.

He has to establish himself as a runner before the goal line comes into play and he has to maintain control through the ground if he's contacted before establishing himself as a runner. The same thing happened on the Eifert non-touchdown in Baltimore a couple years ago.

See I think he did establish himself as a runner, he made a "football move" dove the second the ball touched the goal line the play should have been over, or at the very least down by contact on the 6 inch line where his elbow hit, then he would not have to maintain control after he was down. Shit who knows anymore.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:59 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Dalton did miss a shot at Boyd for an easy 50 yard TD when he threw under to Green. This whole damn team is a mess. Did anyone else notice that once we started with the predictable run run pass they shut us down. One of the worst pass rushing teams and we help them out by running on first and 2nd (Or the pathetic out pass for a loss) constantly putting Dalton in 3rd and long. Hill sucks, Bernard makes some plays but the rare time we get a nice run its called back for holding. The Oline is Pathetic! the Play calling is a joke. On the other side we have hot headed idiots...Our D converts more 3rd downs on penalties than our offense gets in a game. This D is a combination of players that Zimmer brought in that he could control, and Marvin/Gunth cant and high draft picks that are A. bust or B not coached up. Its time to move on from Marvin and the whole staff. BTW the season ended when LaFell dropped the 3rd down pass. Other than that I would say This season ended when Marvin was extended.......

The Lafell drop was bad...so was Boyd's.... and Eifert let a TD go right thru his hands.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:02 AM)dJ24 Wrote: Face palm for what? Are we seriously going to act like teams don't do stupid shit for Qbs?

Dalton is average and apparently that's all you have to be around Cincy to make it.. At least if Mccarron plays good you get a good trade or Dump Dalton (My wish) I just don't think this team is ever going anywhere but a wild card loss with him.. He hit his ceiling last year. It's time for change... I agree the D and O line suck but even when they didnt Dalton still could not get it done. It's just frustrating knowing he is gonna fail and no one cares or actually thinks he will magically make a run through the playoffs like Flacco.. Sorry its just not gonna ever happen..
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:02 AM)J24 Wrote: Face palm for what? Are we seriously going to act like teams don't do stupid shit for Qbs?

Facepalm because AJ McCarron is not going to come in and play well enough to get a 1st round draft pick. 

The reality level of that comment is securely resting on 0 right now. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:02 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Yes, but we are going to trade McCarron this offseason. If he can win a game or two his value would go up, particularly with this OL. And we could save some wear and tear on Dalton.

Worst case is that we lose out and get the #2 pick. LOL

Remember how Dalton was sacked so little last year? Remember how McCarron came in and was sacked a lot more with the same team around him?

AJ McCarron would be sacked a billion times on this team and end up dying from blunt force trauma.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:10 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Facepalm because AJ McCarron is not going to come in and play well enough to get a 1st round draft pick. 

How do you know? Can you predict the future or something?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:06 AM)TKUHL Wrote: See I think he did establish himself as a runner, he made a "football move" dove the second the ball touched the goal line the play should have been over, or at the very least down by contact on the 6 inch line where his elbow hit, then he would not have to maintain control after he was down. Shit who knows anymore.

You can feel that way, and that's fine...but he didn't establish as a runner before contact was made by a defender and he started going to the ground.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:12 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Remember how Dalton was sacked so little last year? Remember how McCarron came in and was sacked a lot more with the same team around him?

AJ McCarron would be sacked a billion times on this team and end up dying from blunt force trauma.

Yeah, but if we get the #2 pick we can trade down for a lot more picks. Might be better than trading McCarron. Ninja

I'm more or less hoping the Vikings continue tanking the rest of the way. Zim might become available. Wink  And if we lose enough Marvin will be done for sure.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:09 AM)ANTHONY Wrote: Dalton is average and apparently that's all you have to be around Cincy to make it.. At least if Mccarron plays good you get a good trade or Dump Dalton (My wish) I just don't think this team is ever going anywhere but a wild card loss with him.. He hit his ceiling last year. It's time for change... I agree the D and O line suck but even when they didnt Dalton still could not get it done. It's just frustrating knowing he is gonna fail and no one cares or actually thinks he will magically make a run through the playoffs like Flacco.. Sorry its just not gonna ever happen..

McCarron sucks donkey balls for quarters. 

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:12 AM)ANTHONY Wrote: How do you know? Can you predict the future or something?

Cause he just ain't that good?  This isn't Tuscaloosa anymore Toto.....

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:12 AM)ANTHONY Wrote: How do you know? Can you predict the future or something?

No, but i can remember the recent past.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:06 AM)Wyche Wrote: The Lafell drop was bad...so was Boyd's.... and Eifert let a TD go right thru his hands.

Yea Boyd has had some bad luck, not sure why he didnt follow his blocker when he came up short for a first down, He was open by 20 yards behind the D on a play, Dalton didnt see him. Eifert should have caught that ball. I know it was high but it went right threw his hands, and LaFell cant let a crucial 3rd down pass hit off his number. This whole game was a bunch of what ifs, the only thing we did good was hang on to Int's but then our WR's cant catch. Cant win with this team. We get Eifert back to solve our redzone impotence but we dont use him, we have Green that can jump out of the stadium and we don't use him. Where are the high passes to the back of the endzone? and what he hell are these WR's doing when Dalton is running for his life. Im just drunk and pissed now, im done.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:15 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Yeah, but if we get the #2 pick we can trade down for a lot more picks. Might be better than trading McCarron. Ninja

I'm more or less hoping the Vikings continue tanking the rest of the way. Zim might become available. Wink  And if we lose enough Marvin will be done for sure.

The only thing your going to get at the end of the year putting McCarron behind this line is damaged goods, who is going to want that.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:24 AM)TKUHL Wrote: The only thing your going to get at the end of the year putting McCarron behind this line is damaged goods, who is going to want that.

You guys take me way, way too seriously.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:10 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Facepalm because AJ McCarron is not going to come in and play well enough to get a 1st round draft pick. 

Really? I agree that the guy isn't better than Dalton but I think  he is decent and he did a decent job replacing Andy last season. There's probably going to be 4 or 5 teams next offseason looking for Qbs  and not all of them are going to be sold on doing it through the draft.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote