Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The season ended on this play...
(11-15-2016, 02:18 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Absolutely stupid.  Dalton is the one thing that works on this team, and you want to replace him with someone that won't even be here next year.   :paul:

Yep the interception overthrow and the multiple delay of games are clearly the one thing we have going for us on offense. Not to mention the complete lack of urgency in the 2 minute drill every single game. We should definitely blow everything up and just build our team around our superstar QB.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:54 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Yep the interception overthrow and the multiple delay of games are clearly the one thing we have going for us on offense. Not to mention the complete lack of urgency in the 2 minute drill every single game. We should definitely blow everything up and just build our team around our superstar QB.
You're right. He should be out there throwing TD passes to himself, while he blocks for himself, relying on a running game of himself.

Dalton is a damn good QB playing for an organization with historic dysfunctionality.

I understand you're just trying to vent though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:59 AM)treee Wrote: You're right. He should be out there throwing TD passes to himself, while he blocks for himself, relying on a running game of himself.

Dalton is a damn good QB playing for an organization with historic dysfunctionality.

I don't expect him to go out there and do everything on his own but I really hate procedural penalties like delay of game. They happen all the time to us or we end up burning vital timeouts. Whenever we have the ball at the end of halves we never ever have a sense of urgency. Maybe we do what 31 other teams do and move faster. Maybe that'll help us get better moving faster if we have to score late in the 4th quarter. I just feel Andy has no awareness, no urgency whatsoever. Maybe if they moved a bit faster he'd have more time to read the defensive formation.
Reply/Quote
Stonyhands
Yep the interception overthrow and the multiple delay of games are clearly the one thing we have going for us on offense. Not to mention the complete lack of urgency in the 2 minute drill every single game.  We should definitely blow everything up and just build our team around our superstar QB.

thank you , at least im not the only one who sees it. Dalton had his chance this team is going no where with him. How much more talent could you put around him? I was pissed when he got re upped...Blow it up ...AJ is the only one that deserves his spot on this team. Everyone else I dont care .. This team had their chances 6 times now and has not got it done. Time for a  new approach...
Reply/Quote
treeeYou're right. He should be out there throwing TD passes to himself, while he blocks for himself, relying on a running game of himself.

What makes you guys think he is so damn good? I just dont get it .. The dude is below average...
Reply/Quote
It's so obvious "Anthony" is Katherine Webb. LMAO

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:54 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Yep the interception overthrow and the multiple delay of games are clearly the one thing we have going for us on offense. Not to mention the complete lack of urgency in the 2 minute drill every single game.  We should definitely blow everything up and just build our team around our superstar QB.

We don't run a true two minute drill....that's the problem.  Mediocre Marv even said (if you watched the sideline shot and lip read) that the delay of game was on him.  Not sure why...but that's what he said.  

But yeah....let's blame Palmer, let's blame Dalton, Kitna, Campbell, and anyone else who's played qb.....the Roll Damn Tide Savior notwithstanding..... and just keep extending Marv.  That'll do the trick. :paul:

BTW....Manning threw TWO bad INTs.....and they won.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:43 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Who gives a flying rats ass if they lose McCarron. I wish the hell they would lose him so i don't have to ever read his name on these boards again. 

THE QB ISN'T THE PROBLEM ON THIS ******* TEAM

Damn, did he bang your wife or what's with the McCarron hate?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good teams win ugly....

Championship teams find a way to win in the end....

I was the blind fool holding out hope that the defense would get the offense the ball back and the offense would actually find a play that yielded positive yardage.  I thought, hey, on the road, in prime time, I would take an ugly win...just get the ball back and get a FG.  

And then...the worst rushing team in the NFL rammed it down their throats, not once but TWICE.  

Great call, Paulie, playing back for the pass that was never going to happen, and great job by the LBs whiffing on the worst rushing team in the NFL.

Season over, clean house...and start thinking about FA and the draft.

Just so many threads we could revisit before the season started, in which I said.... HALF THE TEAM!!!  
Reply/Quote
The horrific 3-out after the fantastic Dre pick.

Big holding call on a huge 3rd and 2 conversion which would have put us into Giants territory.

Marvin wussing on 4th and short.

Boyd dropping the TD catch.

Not stopping a poor rushing team on 3 obvious rushing downs so as to ensure we never see the ball again.

I could go on...

Despite all that, we still only lost by 1 to a >.500 team on the road.

The talent is there. We're just a team that knows how to lose rather than one that makes winning plays.

It's past time to bring about a culture change here. Thanks for what you did here, Marvin, but you have to go now.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:20 AM)Wyche Wrote: ....not to mention, as long as he holds the ball back there, they'll grind him into hamburger in two games. Mellow

I didn't think he was holding it too long...the last two sacks were in his face in under two seconds.  I thought he made some VERY nifty scrambles and made plays with his feet several times.  Again, he seemed like one of about 4 people interested in playing this season. 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 09:19 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I didn't think he was holding it too long...the last two sacks were in his face in under two seconds.  I thought he made some VERY nifty scrambles and made plays with his feet several times.  Again, he seemed like one of about 4 people interested in playing this season. 

He's was talking about McCarron...
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:54 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Yep the interception overthrow and the multiple delay of games are clearly the one thing we have going for us on offense. Not to mention the complete lack of urgency in the 2 minute drill every single game.  We should definitely blow everything up and just build our team around our superstar QB.

You're right.  Dalton needs to step up his effort.   Why didn't he sprint upfield after connecting with Boyd and cushion his fall in to the end zone.  That would have been a 20 yard gain and a TD.  He also should start direct snaps to the RB and get his lazy butt in front of them and block.  While he is at it, screw his OC and just call the plays himself...no more wasting time looking to the sideline inpatiently waiting on a call.  Not fast enough for him, so he should just ignore the coach and make the play calls himself.  

He really needs to step things up.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 09:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He's was talking about McCarron...

Ah, my bad
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 09:02 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Damn, did he bang your wife or what's with the McCarron hate?

I don't hate the dude.....or even his nut swingers.....but the notion that he is the savior just gets old.  He lost every meaningful game he was in, shit the bed in Denver, barely beat two horrible teams, and folks think he's gonna pull a Jim Plunkett behind this o line?  "C'mon man". I don't mean to speak for faulk....but I think this is the gist of what he's getting at. He was just pissed like the rest of us last night....then here come the McCarron fanboys.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 09:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You're right.  Dalton needs to step up his effort.   Why didn't he sprint upfield after connecting with Boyd and cushion his fall in to the end zone.  That would have been a 20 yard gain and a TD.  He also should start direct snaps to the RB and get his lazy butt in front of them and block.  While he is at it, screw his OC and just call the plays himself...no more wasting time looking to the sideline inpatiently waiting on a call.  Not fast enough for him, so he should just ignore the coach and make the play calls himself.  

He really needs to step things up.

Don't forget Lafell's crucial drop on 3rd down, and Eifert letting a TD go right thru his hands in the 1st half.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 09:19 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Big holding call on a huge 3rd and 2 conversion which would have put us into Giants territory.

This.  We had a six point lead and the ball at the time.  Gio made a nice run.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:34 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I Just loved the play calling to run the ball with about 1 min left in the first half. Let's not try and make some big chunk yards to get a FG before half. Nope. Let's just run the clock down. I honestly don't know how Boyd didn't get that TD. I guess leaping with the football after you established control isn't considered a catch.

Stupidest rule in football. A runner can reach in with football in hand, break the plane get ball slapped away or lose control and it's still a TD. 

However a receiver can catch a ball, grab ball with one hand break the plane get it slapped away or lose control and it's incomplete.

Both are breaking plane with ball in hand!

STUPID AND CONTRADICTORY!
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:10 AM)ANTHONY Wrote: I really think MCcarron should get a shot....Seasons over anyway.. See what we got before we lose him...

I'm curious; what does a QB change have to do with a defense that has no idea how to stop the bleeding?

Furthermore, AJ McCarron was nothing more than serviceable last season. He is certainly the most overrated player on this team.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:56 AM)ANTHONY Wrote: Why do people think Dalton is so good? What has he ever done? Dude blows in playoff / primetime games.. Throws stupid picks , holds the ball way to long , has always thrown the ball before the markers on a 3rd down.. I just don't get what people see in him...No one else in the NFL does thats for sure or fans of other teams...Mccarron got us closer to a playoff win then Dalton ever has or will I guarantee it...

What team are you even watching. Just how long does he have to hold the ball with that O-line? And you think AJM can do better?
Reply/Quote