Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The smartest Message Board Move ever
For those that do not know, JN used to be open during the game, but too many Chicken Littles would start threads about how we were the worst team ever, had the worst coaches ever, or how the season was over. Actually, I think an old board fav "Joe from Flo" was the reason we shut down JN during the games.

Luckily those that in charge around here carried over that tradition. If not there would have been about 12 threads started before the halftime of the Dolphins game. There were about 3 posters that stated the season was over, about 27 that wanted to fire Austin when we were down 0-7, and 36 that said this game is over.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's not just the messageboard. Look at the upper levels of the stands on Mixon's TD celebration. Lots of empty seats.

Jungle should be full!!!
Reply/Quote
I don’t read game day thread anymore.
Reply/Quote
Some people aren't happy unless they are miserable.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 11:51 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It's not just the messageboard. Look at the upper levels of the stands on Mixon's TD celebration. Lots of empty seats.

Jungle should be full!!!

I take it that you did your part and bought a ticket?
Reply/Quote
I've never been a fan of negative thinking unless it's late in the 4th and down by too much. 
As far as I'm concerned we have the team that can snatch victory from the jaws of defeat any given game this season.. They're proving it finally..

I'm not claiming that I never get negative. I certainly do at times ,but this year it just feels completely different. 
I tuned in late today sometime in the 3rd right before Bullocks 1st FG and for some reason that 17-0 score never seemed like it would ever stand...of course I couldn't have possibly predicted the 2 defensive TDs, but I felt confident they would at least pull close before it was over .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Way too many empty seats. We were at the game and it was only about 75% full. I know it was hot but come on! We’re 4-1 and the players deserve some respect. The Browns sell out and they’ve only worn three games in two years. Our game attendance is pathetic. Support your team.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 01:00 AM)Wader1 Wrote: Way too many empty seats. We were at the game and it was only about 75% full. I know it was hot but come on! We’re 4-1 and the players deserve some respect. The Browns sell out and they’ve only worn three games in two years. Our game attendance is pathetic. Support your team.

I was there.  We can only afford to go to one game a year.  I'm hoarse this morning, yelled my lungs out.  BTW, how about that roar when they announced Burfict at the beginning?  Deafening.   ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 11:59 PM)Beaker Wrote: Some people aren't happy unless they are miserable.

HOF worthy post
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 11:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For those that do not know, JN used to be open during the game, but too many Chicken Littles would start threads about how we were the worst team ever, had the worst coaches ever, or how the season was over. Actually, I think an old board fav "Joe from Flo" was the reason we shut down JN during the games.

Luckily those that in charge around here carried over that tradition. If not there would have been about 12 threads started before the halftime of the Dolphins game. There were about 3 posters that stated the season was over, about 27 that wanted to fire Austin when we were down 0-7, and 36 that said this game is over.

Very funny and interesting game day thread stats. I try only to read now during commercial breaks. It gets tough to read all the negative and enjoy the game. Steals my mojo. It’s cool I guess. Everyone has opinions and our past has fueled most of the comments. Probably won’t change until we win a playoff game.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 07:12 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Very funny and interesting game day thread stats. I try only to read now during commercial breaks. It gets tough to read all the negative and enjoy the game. Steals my mojo. It’s cool I guess. Everyone has opinions and our past has fueled most of the comments. Probably won’t change until we win a playoff game.

That won't change some people's opinions.  Some here are just negative and enjoy "pulling chains" of those of us who are enjoying the winning.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Not for nothing, but JN was open during the game. I posted in it. I like having it open, as I want a place to visit during commercials without all the quitters in GD.....
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 11:51 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It's not just the messageboard. Look at the upper levels of the stands on Mixon's TD celebration. Lots of empty seats.

Jungle should be full!!!

To be fair, they are still in a prove stage with 80% of the fans. They are proving it, but to start the season alot of fans were not happy with the ML extension. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 08:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Not for nothing, but JN was open during the game. I posted in it. I like having it open, as I want a place to visit during commercials without all the quitters in GD.....

Same here, I posted in the "Early kudos to the OL" thread.  

On one hand, I like to be able to post in threads posted previous to the game.  However, we really don't need 99 new threads to contend with, just because of knee-jerk reaction to something that just happened, like a missed block/tackle/bad call/non call/dropped ball/turnover, etc.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'll never understand how someone can let another person steal joy from them.

[Image: 71b1d987c25ecedfc36b2bd6d4ae1262.jpg]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 01:00 AM)Wader1 Wrote: Way too many empty seats. We were at the game and it was only about 75% full. I know it was hot but come on! We’re 4-1 and the players deserve some respect. The Browns sell out and they’ve only worn three games in two years. Our game attendance is pathetic. Support your team.

That's a league wide problem. They have an issue they will not deal with, and are stick8ng their heads in the sand over it...
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 08:57 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Same here, I posted in the "Early kudos to the OL" thread.  

On one hand, I like to be able to post in threads posted previous to the game.  However, we really don't need 99 new threads to contend with, just because of knee-jerk reaction to something that just happened, like a missed block/tackle/bad call/non call/dropped ball/turnover, etc.

Well since jn WAS open doesnt that blow the theory away that there would be 99 new threads?
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 09:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That's a league wide problem. They have an issue they will not deal with, and are stick8ng their heads in the sand over it...

My guess it's more an economic problem than an ideological one.   I have strong feelings on the subject, but if I had the money I'd be there every  game.    Love being down there.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 11:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For those that do not know, JN used to be open during the game, but too many Chicken Littles would start threads about how we were the worst team ever, had the worst coaches ever, or how the season was over. Actually, I think an old board fav "Joe from Flo" was the reason we shut down JN during the games.

Despite the 2 nice plays by the defense to get those recoveries for 6 points, the defense is still a huge problem.  SO I think the calling for Austin's head will continue as long as this team continues to have the 2nd to the worst 3rd down percentage of any team in the league. Over 50% is putrid

My hope is that this jumpstarts the defense but that will remain to be seen
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 09:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That's a league wide problem. They have an issue they will not deal with, and are stick8ng their heads in the sand over it...

You took the words right out of my mouth. I have noticed a lot of empty seats in stadiums. 
Reply/Quote