Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The softest part of the schedule is upon us...
These are three must win games IMO.

@ Titans
@ Cardinals
Seahawks
BYE

No game in the NFL is a gimme, but the Bengals should be favored marginally in all 3 of these games. If we win all 3 and Burrow doesn't have a set back before the bye, I feel REALLY good going into the second half of the season at 4-2.

Time to start stacking some wins.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 05:34 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: These are three must win games IMO.

@ Titans
@ Cardinals
Seahawks
BYE

No game in the NFL is a gimme, but the Bengals should be favored marginally in all 3 of these games. If we win all 3 and Burrow doesn't have a set back before the bye, I feel REALLY good going into the second half of the season at 4-2.

Winning 2 of the 3 seems more likely making the Bengals 3 and 3.

Win only 1 of the 3 and it becomes Bengals 2 and 4

Would love to Win all 3.
Reply/Quote
Seattle makes me a little nervous. But it's not in Seattle so that helps.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Yeah agree that this is a crucial juncture. Or could be. You feel we have to go into the bye at least 3-3 really.

Absolute dream if we go 3-0 and Burrow is looking good by the bye.
Reply/Quote

@ Titans
@ Cardinals
Seahawks
BYE

There's no soft part of any schedule, NFL football any team can beat any team any given week.Popcorn
Reply/Quote
Do you ever wonder if other teams are looking at our offense this year and record and telling themselves that we are the soft part of their schedule?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 07:29 PM)Hello to everyone Wrote: There's no soft part of any schedule, NFL football any team can beat any team any given week.Popcorn

Hence "No game in the NFL is a gimme". There certainly are better and worse teams in the NFL. So when you have a string of games against the lower tier teams it is an easier part of your schedule. 

The Titans just came off a beat down, so I could see them coming in hot at home next week so I think it's going to be a tough match up. If our defense plays anything close to like they did this week I think we can keep them to 17 or under though. 
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 07:44 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Do you ever wonder if other teams are looking at our offense this year and record and telling themselves that we are the soft part of their schedule?

This stretch was considered to be the soft part before the season and nothing has really changed. 
Reply/Quote

@ Titans
@ Cardinals
Seahawks
BYE

We need to go 9-5 the rest of the way. That’s doable depending on Joe’s health
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
We tend to play up or down to the competition IMO.

We look amazing against the Chiefs or Bills but tend to look pedestrian, barely eeking out a win against a team like the Bears or Broncos.

It is what is is but there are no guarantees for us.

I’m sure some of this is true for many teams.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 07:46 PM)TheFan Wrote: Hence "No game in the NFL is a gimme". There certainly are better and worse teams in the NFL. So when you have a string of games against the lower tier teams it is an easier part of your schedule. 

The Titans just came off a beat down, so I could see them coming in hot at home next week so I think it's going to be a tough match up. If our defense plays anything close to like they did this week I think we can keep them to 17 or under though. 

Coming off hot after a beat down doesn’t mean anything if you aren’t any good. They just aren’t very good right now. At least not what I saw f them.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Fight like hell to get to that bye. I think they can come out of the bye firing on all cylinders.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Bengals have had the Titans number.... facing an increasingly older Henry who've we had success against. They still have a QB problem if Bengals can get the pressure they did like last night than I like our chances.

Big question mark remains our offense unfortunately. Until that gets fixed these games are going to be sweats.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 07:44 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Do you ever wonder if other teams are looking at our offense this year and record and telling themselves that we are the soft part of their schedule?

Not a chance with Joe Burrow and two straight AFC Championships and a head coach with the highest winning % in the playoffs of any active coach with at least 5 appearances
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

@ Titans
@ Cardinals
Seahawks
BYE

I don't, Burrow still very limited, I see us losing to Tenn.they have a better def than rams and at home will be a tough one. Seattle will be tough one. 3-3 is best I can see
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 08:03 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Coming off hot after a beat down doesn’t mean anything if you aren’t any good.  They just aren’t very good right now. At least not what I saw f them.

I mean they lost by 1 on the road, beat the Chargers, and then got dominated by Cleveland on the road. 

It's for sure a winnable game but they still have a good D line who has 10 sacks so far on the season. 
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 09:23 PM)TheFan Wrote: I mean they lost by 1 on the road, beat the Chargers, and then got dominated by Cleveland on the road. 

It's for sure a winnable game but they still have a good D line who has 10 sacks so far on the season. 

I will say I only saw the Cleveland game so my perspective may be skewed.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
None of those teams are easy outs. Titans always play the Bengals tough and last 3 meetings have all been low scoring games, cards are playing above expectations and just beat a good cowboys team, and seahawks have dangerous weapons and can score. Going into the bye 3-3 would be a win imo
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 08:38 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I don't, Burrow still very limited, I see us losing to Tenn.they have a better def than rams and at home will be a tough one. Seattle will be tough one. 3-3 is best I can see

The Titans and the Titans crowd are going to be Fired up for revenge against the Bengals.

It was the Bengals that knocked them out of the Playoffs during the 2021-2022 Season when they were at their most recent Peak

as the #1 AFC Seed.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 07:47 PM)TheFan Wrote: This stretch was considered to be the soft part before the season and nothing has really changed. 

I dunno, the Cardinals just beat the heavily favored Cowboys.  Giving even more credence to the idea that there really are no "easy" games in the NFL.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote