Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The stat nobody talks about
(09-20-2016, 08:25 PM)Antares Wrote: It seems that under Marvin, the Bengals typically finish just below what there talent level should dictate. 

You mean like in '11 when everyone said we were the worst team in the league?
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 08:42 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Is this a joke?  Good lord dude....

He is just trolling.

He can't be that stupid.
Reply/Quote
Why can't we give negative rep anymore?
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 08:42 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Is this a joke?  Good lord dude....

What is your opinion? Would you fire Marvin?
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 09:01 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Why can't we give negative rep anymore?

Would you fire Marvin or keep marvin if you could?
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 08:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is just trolling.

He can't be that stupid.

Dude, seriously there are thing that you can do. Doctors, meds, yoga, meditation. You really don't have to live this angry. Best wishes buddy. I hope it gets better for you. Wink
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 09:16 PM)Antares Wrote: Dude, seriously there are thing that you can do. Doctors, meds, yoga, meditation. You really don't have to live this angry. Best wishes buddy. I hope it gets better for you. Wink

You are more angry than me.

I am not the one crying like a baby about how lame Bengal fans are.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 09:12 PM)Antares Wrote: What is your opinion? Would you fire Marvin?

If it was up to me he would have been gone after 2010.  

Even more recently I wanted him ousted after the loss to San Diego in the playoffs.

You seem to think that the reason why Marvin Lewis is still the Head Coach is because the fans just brushed off his failures (specifically in the post-season) and just went on our marry way.  Nope.  Most, if not all of the fans I know (and I know plenty) called for his head a number of times.  But I hate to break it to you, we (fans) do not control personnel decisions inside of the organization.  No matter how much we voice our collective opinions, he is still here. That's just the way it is at this point.  But again, him being here is not due to him having the 100% approval of Bengaldom.  Far from it.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 08:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You mean like in '11 when everyone said we were the worst team in the league?

Is that the year they won their first Playoff game?

Do you think Marvin has underachieved or overachieved?
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 09:19 PM)JumboTron Wrote: If it was up to me he would have been gone after 2010.  

Even more recently I wanted him ousted after the loss to San Diego in the playoffs.

You seem to think that the reason why Marvin Lewis is still the Head Coach is because the fans just brushed off his failures (specifically in the post-season) and just went on our marry way.  Nope.  Most, if not all of the fans I know (and I know plenty) called for his head a number of times.  But I hate to break it to you, we (fans) do not control personnel decisions inside of the organization.  No matter how much we voice our collective opinions, he is still here. That's just the way it is at this point.  But again, him being here is not due to him having the 100% approval of Bengaldom.  Far from it.
When was the last thread in this forum critisizing Marvin? I'm new here so help me out. Who in the local media is calling for Marvin to be replaced? I simply mention Marvin's record vs the Steelas and it turns into a hatefest. So yes, most Bengal fans, especially the season ticket holders that I know, don't want to say or hear anything unflattering about Marvin.
Reply/Quote

It has never been acceptable to Bengals fans N00b

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 09:27 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: *Joined: Sep 2016*

It has never been acceptable to Bengals fans N00b

Hey not all of us noobies are tollin'.. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 09:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are more angry than me.

I am not the one crying like a baby about how lame Bengal fans are.

Fair enough. I'm guessing that since we are only talking about entertainment here, we should probably ditch the personal insults. I'm game if you are.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 09:26 PM)Antares Wrote: When was the last thread in this forum critisizing Marvin? I'm new here so help me out. Who in the local media is calling for Marvin to be replaced? I simply mention Marvin's record vs the Steelas and it turns into a hatefest. So yes, most Bengal fans, especially the season ticket holders that I know, don't want to say or hear anything unflattering about Marvin.

The problem was not your mention of Marvin's record.

The problem was that you blamed the fans and then displayed a massive level of ignorance about how much the fans support Marvin.

Clearly a troll.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 09:26 PM)Antares Wrote: When was the last thread in this forum critisizing Marvin? I'm new here so help me out. Who in the local media is calling for Marvin to be replaced? I simply mention Marvin's record vs the Steelas and it turns into a hatefest. So yes, most Bengal fans, especially the season ticket holders that I know, don't want to say or hear anything unflattering about Marvin.

Uh-huh....
[Image: latest?cb=20141210005941]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 09:28 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Hey not all of us noobies are tollin'.. ThumbsUp

And not all of us newbies are name callers..... ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 09:13 PM)Antares Wrote: Would you fire Marvin or keep marvin if you could?

I would have fired Marvin after the San Diego game, that has nothingto do with your steelers or "stat no one talks about". 
Reply/Quote
Antares, we have had PLENTY o threads discussing this issue on both forums. Half are for and half against. Just so you know because knowing is half the battle.
Also have this for future reference:

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 09:31 PM)Antares Wrote: And not all of us newbies are name callers..... ThumbsUp

Cool 

(09-20-2016, 06:29 PM)Antares Wrote:  Bengal fans are so tolerant of failure, they simply sit back and take it. 
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 09:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The problem was not your mention of Marvin's record.

The problem was that you blamed the fans and then displayed a massive level of ignorance about how much the fans support Marvin.

Clearly a troll.

I'm sorry, but I believe that you may have misjudged me. If you are looking for someone to exchange insults with, I am not your man. In fact, as a man I can't name call while hiding behind a screen name. That would be the furthest thing from manliness. To me that's wussy stuff. My standards might be a little higher than you're used to. Other than that, you seem like a great guy!
Reply/Quote