Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The sustainability of this defense...
Bengals offense has capitalize on turnovers. The opportunities were there...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 08:09 PM)Synric Wrote: Bengals offense has capitalize on turnovers. The opportunities were there...

exactly. For how weak the defense was today, they still got turnovers. Offense needs to capitalize on those

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
The Texans have had the worst rushing offense in the league or close to it all year. They ran for almost 200 and two tudds. The secondary got gashed for a lot of yards, as has been common this year. The saving grace for the defense has been turnovers and red zone.

Stroud is legit. He should be in the conversation for mvp. Burrow had two ugly picks that basically cost us the game. Far from clutch timing on both picks. The second pick was right to 3 Texans and he should have thrown it away, it being 1st and 10.

I think we’ll be a lot better on defense next year. We have a lot of young players that need to mature.

For some reason I feel like we aren’t going all the way this year. I had a great feeling before burrow got injured. Too many signs have pointed towards this not being our year. Logically we are in the conversation if you compare us to the other teams in the afc. But I just have a bad feeling this isn’t our year.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right, I meant CTB would have had the play we all remembered had they won.

No question. The Bengals were dead until the CTB interception. It would have been the play of the game. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 08:10 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: exactly. For how weak the defense was today, they still got turnovers. Offense needs to capitalize on those

Definitely, ultimately it was the offence who blew the chance to win today's game.

But, anyone who came out of today feeling good about the defence... well, they're easy to please let's put it that way. An abysmal effort made salvageable by turnovers. 

If we can return to keeping teams under 24 points a game, then giving up the mountain of yards we do is a bit easier to cope with. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:04 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Just going to reiterate that this defense isn't as good as some want to believe.

It starts with the pass rush. It's a huge problem.

Pass rush is not good but the run defense is as bad or worse.

Reply/Quote
Bend but don't break is all good until you need to prevent a FG.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:04 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Just going to reiterate that this defense isn't as good as some want to believe.

It starts with the pass rush. It's a huge problem.

We don't blitz enough. Should do it every other play. But the zone D is too soft for it.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:45 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yes, and the middle. We are not good at either. I would like to say Lou will get that fixed, but, we've struggled on both for a few years. This loss will light a fire and TBH, Ravens don't stand a chance Thursday night. We will tear them apart in their house.

Can I have some of what you're smoking? I say our season ends Thursday. I'll be happy to eat crow of course.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 08:11 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: The Texans have had the worst rushing offense in the league or close to it all year. They ran for almost 200 and two tudds. The secondary got gashed for a lot of yards, as has been common this year. The saving grace for the defense has been turnovers and red zone.

Stroud is legit. He should be in the conversation for mvp. Burrow had two ugly picks that basically cost us the game. Far from clutch timing on both picks. The second pick was right to 3 Texans and he should have thrown it away, it being 1st and 10.

I think we’ll be a lot better on defense next year. We have a lot of young players that need to mature.

For some reason I feel like we aren’t going all the way this year. I had a great feeling before burrow got injured. Too many signs have pointed towards this not being our year. Logically we are in the conversation if you compare us to the other teams in the afc. But I just have a bad feeling this isn’t our year.

Stop it. They were down 10 before the picks & still should've taken the lead but Boyd blew it.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 11:10 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Stop it. They were down 10 before the picks & still should've taken the lead but Boyd blew it.

I just rewatched the second half. Right before CJ’s TD run, they had the Texans on 2nd and 10. What happened on 2nd and 10? A 10 yard run for a first down. Next play shotgun snap and CJ scrambles it in.

If they could have stopped the run against one of the worst rushing offenses, they could have won this game.

If they could have got a stop on the last drive we go to OT.

The offense was bad. But they ended up with 27.

The defense was bad, but Stroud is good, and the Texans are talented.

Overall both offense and defense weren’t good enough. Burrow had a couple ugly picks. Boyd dropped the game winner. Defense gave up over 500 yards and 30 points. I would say the defense was uglier based on the stat line.

Absolute must win game next week.i want to see us out-coach the opposition.
Reply/Quote
Lou gave up 550 yards, he's the coach he takes responsibility for the worst in the league average yards per play while BAL and CLE are 1 and 2 respectively. It's easy to see the huge chunk plays, 10+ yard runs and 20+ yard wide open passes every game. We get burnt at least twice a game, you lose those to playoff caliber teams when you don't have a run game yourself.

Seems like Lou is depending on turnovers which we are getting, but how dependable is turning the ball over on a game to game basis.

Stroud looks like Burrow back there already in Year 1 (or better?) with less talent around him. How? I think we didn't get much pressure on him. His WRs were wide open all day and he didn't have to thread many throws. No wonder he has so few picks.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2023, 11:49 PM)Bing Ghuls Wrote: Our rush defense is horrible.  27th in yards per game (129.8) and 31st in yards per attempt (5.0).  We allowed over 170 rushing yards in all three of our losses.

Make that all FOUR losses
Reply/Quote
Last season we gave up 6.8 Yards per a pass now we're giving up 7.9 yards per a pass.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I think losing both safeties in one off season is the major culprit for our defense's decline. Bates didn't get enough credit for all of the holes he covered up in our defense over the years. Now he's balling out in Atlanta and we have Nick Scott.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 09:44 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think losing both safeties in one off season is the major culprit for our defense's decline. Bates didn't get enough credit for all of the holes he covered up in our defense over the years. Now he's balling out in Atlanta and we have Nick Scott.

He essentially erased part of the field for us which allowed Lou to get Uber creative with coverages.

Now that we have a ghost at FS Lou is trying to run similar defense and it just isn’t working
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 08:59 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Definitely, ultimately it was the offence who blew the chance to win today's game.

But, anyone who came out of today feeling good about the defence... well, they're easy to please let's put it that way. An abysmal effort made salvageable by turnovers. 

If we can return to keeping teams under 24 points a game, then giving up the mountain of yards we do is a bit easier to cope with. 

You are really sitting here saying the offense is the reason we lost that game yesterday? 

I'd say it's on both units, but more so the defense. They gave up over 540 yards of offense and the most explosive plays in the moden era. It was an absolute shit show by the defense. They were gashed by one of the worst run offenses in the league. There was zero pass rush and Stroud could do whatever he wanted. 

Yes they turned the Texans over a few times, but they also gave up 30 points. One of those turnovers was on he 9 yard line, really hard for the offense to cash in on that when they are backed up so much. 

The defense is lucky they didn't give up at least 40 points. They are not a good unit. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 07:37 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Lou gave up 550 yards, he's the coach he takes responsibility for the worst in the league average yards per play while BAL and CLE are 1 and 2 respectively. It's easy to see the huge chunk plays, 10+ yard runs and 20+ yard wide open passes every game. We get burnt at least twice a game, you lose those to playoff caliber teams when you don't have a run game yourself.

Seems like Lou is depending on turnovers which we are getting, but how dependable is turning the ball over on a game to game basis.

Stroud looks like Burrow back there already in Year 1 (or better?) with less talent around him. How? I think we didn't get much pressure on him. His WRs were wide open all day and he didn't have to thread many throws. No wonder he has so few picks.

The scheme makes it easy on him. The Texans were doing a masterful job of rolling the pocket one way and then rolling out Stroud the opposite way. He was free throwing accross the middle on the run. 
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 03:16 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You are really sitting here saying the offense is the reason we lost that game yesterday? 

I'd say it's on both units, but more so the defense. They gave up over 540 yards of offense and the most explosive plays in the moden era. It was an absolute shit show by the defense. They were gashed by one of the worst run offenses in the league. There was zero pass rush and Stroud could do whatever he wanted. 

Yes they turned the Texans over a few times, but they also gave up 30 points. One of those turnovers was on he 9 yard line, really hard for the offense to cash in on that when they are backed up so much. 

The defense is lucky they didn't give up at least 40 points. They are not a good unit.

The Texans also hung 30 on the Steelers. Do think they’re a bad defense?

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 03:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Texans also hung 30 on the Steelers. Do think they’re a bad defense?

Sure? I am not sure what that has to do with anything? 
Reply/Quote