Darius Phillips
Logan Woodside
Rod Taylor
Auden Tate
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who was your favorite pick?
(04-30-2018, 09:34 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Price.

Stud player in a position of need...

Yes
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2018, 11:44 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Burfict Brown Jefferson

should be fun to watch unless your the RB running into it

Maybe we can call them MVP

Malik
Vontaze
Preston
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Looks like we have a winner
Reply/Quote
Someone vote for poor Rod Taylor lol

Reply/Quote
Price ( and Glenn) are the two most important additions to the team.

For those who watched Og whiff time and again at LT or watched Bodine getting thrown into Andy's face 2 or 3 times a game, there really can be no debate on this point.
Reply/Quote
being a huge Buckeye fan I love the Price and Hubbard picks, but the more I look into Darius Phillips the more I fall in love with that pick. He will probably be my guy that I follow more than the rest, he is dynamic around the ball and still pretty raw at DB hopefully we can coach him up, he also plays up to competition he picked off J.T twice, and had a couple of huge run backs against MSU. definitely isn't afraid of the big stage.
Reply/Quote
My favorite picks from most to least:
1. Billy Price
Starter from day 1 at our worst position for what's felt like 10 years now. Nothing to complain about here.

2. Malik Jefferson
High upside athletic talent that can cover TEs and RBs and attacks the ball. He won't be our signal caller but with Burfict (eventually) directing him, he will be a difference maker for our team.

3. Sam Hubbard
When our defense was at its best, we were rotating Dlinemen. Hubbard gives a legitimate threat off the edge or inside on passing downs. He makes Quenton Nelson look silly in this play here.

4. Jessie Bates
Playmaking safety that we've been missing since Reggie Nelson left. It is a little concerning that he (and Jefferson) have had a tendency to miss tackles due to going for big hits, but hopefully that ferocity can be converted into controlled power when tackling. He's also able to cover TEs and RBs and looks real good with the ball in his hands.

5. Andrew Brown
Like I said with Hubbard, when we are rotating linemen, we are at out best and Brown offers another pass rushing threat from this inside. He isn't Geno Atkins, but he's still got talent to beat guards and centers, especially with his hand fighting and tenacity.

6. Darius Phillips
A return man, a nickel corner and a playmaker. He probably won't end up outside unless he significantly improves his run defense and "softness," but there's potential there.

7. Rod Taylor
I know people wrote off this selection because it was in the 7th round, and he may not be able to make the roster this year. But he has experience at both guard and tackle. He's strong and fast and could sneak onto the roster as a swing tackle/guard back up.

8. Mark Walton
I wasn't really thrilled with this pick. We have Brian Hill as our third RB and he would probably do just fine in that role. Walton is definitely talented, but we had bigger needs and drafting a guy who, at best, will be a special teamer with maybe 5 snaps per game on offense seems like a wasted opportunity in the 4th round.

9. Logan Woodside
I don't mind the player, especially since he was under consideration in the 5th round. I would have preferred a more generally accepted player, like Mason Rudolph but the Steelers traded in front of us for a reason. I think he has a chance to beat Barkley as the back up. That said, I don't feel good about our back up QB regardless of who it ends up being, between Barkley, Woodside and Driskel

10. Davontae Harris
I dislike this pick mostly because I like Darius Phillips more. If he was BPA, that's fine. But we still had needs to fill and in the 5th round you can get a potentially good player that could be a reserve. I don't really know what role Harris fills on this team unless they plan on cutting Shaw or Russel.

11. Auden Tate
There's nothing I really dislike about Tate. He was just a 7th rounder and likely won't make the roster, so nothing really to write home about.
Reply/Quote
I like the Price pick because we need a center. However, I selected Woodside as the best pick. He was awesome at Toledo as QB and might have a successful career in the NFL. Big Ben came from Miami University also a MAC school so Woodside has a chance. I hope he turns out to be a great backup QB and eventually a starter for some team.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 10:20 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: My favorite picks from most to least:
1. Billy Price
Starter from day 1 at our worst position for what's felt like 10 years now. Nothing to complain about here.

2. Malik Jefferson
High upside athletic talent that can cover TEs and RBs and attacks the ball. He won't be our signal caller but with Burfict (eventually) directing him, he will be a difference maker for our team.

3. Sam Hubbard
When our defense was at its best, we were rotating Dlinemen. Hubbard gives a legitimate threat off the edge or inside on passing downs. He makes Quenton Nelson look silly in this play here.

4. Jessie Bates
Playmaking safety that we've been missing since Reggie Nelson left. It is a little concerning that he (and Jefferson) have had a tendency to miss tackles due to going for big hits, but hopefully that ferocity can be converted into controlled power when tackling. He's also able to cover TEs and RBs and looks real good with the ball in his hands.

5. Andrew Brown
Like I said with Hubbard, when we are rotating linemen, we are at out best and Brown offers another pass rushing threat from this inside. He isn't Geno Atkins, but he's still got talent to beat guards and centers, especially with his hand fighting and tenacity.

6. Darius Phillips
A return man, a nickel corner and a playmaker. He probably won't end up outside unless he significantly improves his run defense and "softness," but there's potential there.

7. Rod Taylor
I know people wrote off this selection because it was in the 7th round, and he may not be able to make the roster this year. But he has experience at both guard and tackle. He's strong and fast and could sneak onto the roster as a swing tackle/guard back up.

8. Mark Walton
I wasn't really thrilled with this pick. We have Brian Hill as our third RB and he would probably do just fine in that role. Walton is definitely talented, but we had bigger needs and drafting a guy who, at best, will be a special teamer with maybe 5 snaps per game on offense seems like a wasted opportunity in the 4th round.

9. Logan Woodside
I don't mind the player, especially since he was under consideration in the 5th round. I would have preferred a more generally accepted player, like Mason Rudolph but the Steelers traded in front of us for a reason. That said, I think he has a chance to beat Barkley as the back up. That said, I don't feel good about our back up QB regardless of who it ends up being, between Barkley, Woodside and Driskel

10. Davontae Harris
I dislike this pick mostly because I like Darius Phillips more. If he was BPA, that's fine. But we still had needs to fill and in the 5th round you can get a potentially good player that could be a reserve. I don't really know what role Harris fills on this team unless they plan on cutting Shaw or Russel.

11. Auden Tate
There's nothing I really dislike about Tate. He was just a 7th rounder and likely won't make the roster, so nothing really to write home about.
Thanks for the video! They didn't show Sam's best play last year. It was against Penn State, they were going to run RPO and Sam decided to takle both Barkley and the QB!!
Also watched the ones of Bates and Jefferson. Bates looks very good and plays faster than his timed speed. Jefferson, I liked the picked but he needs work! In the video, he makes a couple of stops at the line or behind it, but the majority is downfield. He's got the speed and he does wrap up, so that's a plus for us.
Reply/Quote
Technically our first round pick netted us Billy Price and Cordy Glenn, so I have to go with that. But even if we're just looking at the draft picks themselves, Billy Price without question. Filled perhaps our biggest area of need, with one of the top rated prospects at the position. It's made all the better by the fact that the guy seems genuinely excited to be staying in-state.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I like the Bates III pick... we need that center fielder out there and lets the big hitters get closer to the Line...
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 01:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I like the Bates III pick...   we need that center fielder out there and lets the big hitters get closer to the Line...

I like the like the idea of the two "III 's" back there.

Jessie Bates III and William Jackson III.

Both appear to have excellent ball skills and solid hands to take passes away from receivers.

They could both emerge to become Ball Hawks in the secondary.
Reply/Quote
JB3 because I really wanted a safety early in the draft. I knew we were going to pick up a center, and I really like price. I just thought that safety has been a weak point on our defense since Nelson left.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 01:30 PM)depthchart Wrote: I like the like the idea of the two "III 's" back there.

Jessie Bates III and William Jackson III.

Both appear to have excellent ball skills and solid hands to take passes away from receivers.

They could both emerge to become Ball Hawks in the secondary.

that's a lot of extra I's in the secondary... Nothing should get past them...         *puns are fun*
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 01:47 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: JB3 because I really wanted a safety early in the draft. I knew we were going to pick up a center, and I really like price. I just thought that safety has been a weak point on our defense since Nelson left.

I wanted him, but I had mocked him in the 3rd. Glad we took him in the 2nd, because that allowed us to get the players we did in the 3rd. Make sense?
Reply/Quote
Me thinks Mark Walton will surprize. He was the Hurricanes offense in college. Dudes a baller.
Reply/Quote
Chris Worley LB Ohio State UDFA.
Low risk, hopefully good return. Some great LB traits are not combine measurable.
Remember 1st rd combine champion Vernon Gholston ?
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 01:32 PM)Neon Icon Wrote: Me thinks Mark Walton will surprize. He was the Hurricanes offense in college. Dudes a baller.

I sincerely hope that he show's better than in college.  Most of his highlights were against the lightweight teams on their schedule.  You know, those games where you "pad the stats".  And, that fumble per every 90 touches isn't helping his case.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote