Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The young guys...
So, I saw another thread about "breakout players"....I am just wondering who your favorite would be for these guys being the young core of the team of the future...

Coming back from injury
Billings, Hardison, WJIII

Need to prove themselves, take the next step and shine.
Ogbuehi, Westermann, Fisher, Fejedelem, Vigil, Boyd, Core, Dawson, Russell

Feel free to mention any others

Personally I would love for CedO and Fisher to turn into studs
Reply/Quote
If Ced becomes a stud, that REALLY helps us.

But I'm also a huge fan of Billings and Boyd.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
He may not be a star for us but I think Cody Core is going to have a really good year.
Reply/Quote
If I'm picking one from each of those lists:

WJ3 will be at least a top 10 CB in the league
Boyd will be a favorite and be super reliable for us
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 08:05 PM)MentalRage Wrote: He may not be a star for us but I think Cody Core is going to have a really good year.

I think Core will have a chance to make LaFell irrelevant.  As long as Andy is not running for his life, that is.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 07:37 PM)spazz70 Wrote: So, I saw another thread about "breakout players"....I am just wondering who your favorite would be for these guys being the young core of the team of the future...

Coming back from injury

Getting Billings, Hardison, WJ3 back from injury is huge, will they be studs who knows, but you have to think that Billings and Hardison will be upgrades over Peko, Gilberry, MJ, and Hunt and WJ3 hopefully will display his athleticism and allow us to cut Jones.

I look to see Ced and Fisher make big improvements along the line. I think Westerman competes with Smith for the starting RG position and even if he loses out I expect to see him get snaps this year. Hopefully we see more of Vigil and Dawson at LB. The cb depth is solid and will this be the year that Dennard stays healthy, he's had glimpses of good play, but injuries and inconsistencies have hurt him and Russell and Bene along with Shaw could really push Dennard for snaps.

Both Boyd and Core displayed composure for being rookies in a new system on an offense that struggled, I expect both to improve and contribute more this upcoming season. 

Fejedelem is my candidate for ST player of the year for us, plus he provides some nice depth as a run stopping S.

I'm going to add in a potential injury break out candidate and that's Uzo at TE, if for some reason Eifert misses time again expect to see Uzo get starter snaps over Kroft due to potential and athleticism. 
Reply/Quote
I hope it's one of the young Olinemen. We really need to get our act together with the run game AND pass protection. It's held us back for years. How many big games against quality defenses, did we see our Oline just collapse? We've never been able to run the ball in those big moments. Sure, J. Hill can get 100+ against the Browns. But in the playoffs, he got about half of that. He did get 12 touches against the Steelers for 50 yards. The year before that, he had 47 yards against the Colts. I hope all the young guys on the line come through for us. Alot of responsibility has been placed on them. The Bengals expected certain things from them when they drafted them. It's their turn. We have to hope they're ready or it's going to be a rough season. We have to be able to run the ball in our division. And if they don't protect Andy, we're in danger of finishing below .500.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Obviously we really could use Ced to come into his own quickly for Andy's sake.

But would love to see WJ3 become an elite shut down corner for Bengals

and Billings step right in and be a force.

Believe Boyd will take big step forward already.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Plus we will have plenty more young guys via the draft to pull for as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Billings is the guy I hope steps up the most because the d like is a tragedy

O line is too but I think daltOn will mask it a little bit
Reply/Quote
I think it's a fairly safe bet that Clayton Fejedelem becomes a special teams beast. Honestly, he didn't look lost when he was forced into action as a regular player, either. He's got a tough climb ahead of him if the team adds another safety, but I think he was a steal for them.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2017, 12:07 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Plus we will have plenty more young guys via the draft to pull for as well.

Let's hope we can keep them healthy through camp and preseason for a change. 

I agree with those mentioned. Boyd, Core, Billings, and probably most of all WJ3. If he turns into a star it will be all the sweeter that we took him off of Pittsburgh's board.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 07:37 PM)spazz70 Wrote: So, I saw another thread about "breakout players"....I am just wondering who your favorite would be for these guys being the young core of the team of the future...

Coming back from injury

Why are people thinking Hardison will be a factor when the guy has yet to take a snap in two years?

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if Fisher is starting at LT by mid-season with Andre at RT and Westermann at RG. Plus I see us drafting at least one lineman this year.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2017, 10:36 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Why are people thinking Hardison will be a factor when the guy has yet to take a snap in two years?

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if Fisher is starting at LT by mid-season with Andre at RT and Westermann at RG. Plus I see us drafting at least one lineman this year.

Because of this....He was one of the senior bowl guys that the Bengals sought....He was a DE and to transition to DT...

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/marcus-hardison?id=2552672
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2017, 10:48 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Because of this....He was one of the senior bowl guys that the Bengals sought....He was a DE and to transition to DT...

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/marcus-hardison?id=2552672

Yeah, except he hasn't done a single thing. He's therefore on my list for guys with a lot to prove.

If there was a race between a turtle and the Bengals development of players, the turtle would win 10 times out of 10.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2017, 12:07 AM)Housh Wrote: Billings is the guy I hope steps up the most because the d like is a tragedy

O line is too but I think daltOn will mask it a little bit

Why do you say the D could be a tragedy?  They gave up like 18 PPG the last 6 or 7 games and will basically be the same defense.

Dunlap, Atkins, MJ, DreK, Burfict, VRey, Williams, Illoka, Jones, DreK

Billings, Hardison will compete for the other DT spot and Sims and I would say they re-sign Gilberry for rotation.

Dennard, Shaw, WJII and Russell for competition for the other CB spots

We just signed Minter for the other LB spot and have Vigil, Dawson and others for competition.

If we draft a play making DE or LBer early that only solidifies the above.

I personally am very happy with our Defense pre-draft.  Maybe to the point of taking a WR at 9 or even better trading back a few spots if Williams and Davis are still there.  Or a few more spots if Ross is there as I believe he is a late round 1 pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2017, 10:52 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Yeah, except he hasn't done a single thing. He's therefore on my list for guys with a lot to prove.

If there was a race between a turtle and the Bengals development of players, the turtle would win 10 times out of 10.

I agree with your statement about development but you do realize that Hardison has been on IR for both seasons?

Really hard to develop when you are injured.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 07:52 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: If Ced becomes a stud, that REALLY helps us.

But I'm also a huge fan of Billings and Boyd.

If he turns into a stud he'll be gone as soon as he's a free agent. They'll draft them, develop them, and let them walk, because we obviously don't value offensive lineman.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2017, 11:05 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: If he turns into a stud he'll be gone as soon as he's a free agent. They'll draft them, develop them, and let them walk, because we obviously don't value offensive lineman.
We don't value guards...We have always paid OTs...the history is there to show this....I agree with letting Zeitler walk...12 million is way too much for a guard.
Reply/Quote
Draft Roster. Drop Maulaluga.

Reply/Quote