Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Their Bengals Careers are Over
I liked Eli’s play while here. He seemed to come up big in the big moments. I know when he was originally drafted, they said he was a bust. But, overall he played well here.

Kind of hoping he’s available on a “show me” contract for someone….maybe stay in shape to see if he can come back here if an injury occurs.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2023, 05:42 PM)Destro Wrote: But....apples do grow on trees......

Well played
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2023, 05:51 PM)Synric Wrote: LoL you are always so over the top its like you step out of a 90s sitcom. Drue Chrisman had never been a holder before the 2022 season. He has never received live snaps as a holder from that stance. Adomitis was a rookie and not perfect but lets assign the blame to the correct spot with the operation and that was Drue Chrisman.  
Brad Robbins is an experienced holder. He's been doing it at Michigan.

Tre Flowers was just signed by Atlanta

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2023, 11:21 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: The snaps were inconsistent with Adomitis at the helm, especially at the beginning. You clearly weren’t watching. Shame

If the snap is bad, it throws almost everything off. The holder, the flow, the timing, the placement. Adomitis’ struggles early on led to uncharacteristic McPherson misses

You are just flat wrong. 

Ravens miss, right down the middle. 

https://www.nfl.com/videos/evan-mcpherson-s-first-missed-kick-in-postseason-comes-on-extra-point-vs-ravens

Not one word from Simmons about the snaps talking about McPherson's struggles in the cold vs NE. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/darrin-simmons-chimes-in-on-evan-mcphersons-struggles

Hey Frank, why not post some videos of all these supposedly bad snaps? Or shut up about it? Shame, indeed. But par for the course. 
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2023, 04:35 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: You are just flat wrong. 

Ravens miss, right down the middle. 

https://www.nfl.com/videos/evan-mcpherson-s-first-missed-kick-in-postseason-comes-on-extra-point-vs-ravens

Not one word from Simmons about the snaps talking about McPherson's struggles in the cold vs NE. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/darrin-simmons-chimes-in-on-evan-mcphersons-struggles

Hey Frank, why not post some videos of all these supposedly bad snaps? Or shut up about it? Shame, indeed. But par for the course. 

Woah nice job posting one example lmfaoo the new england game both kickers were missing due to the wind. Oh my lord, you are comedy gold

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
I thought the team might have cut Chrisman by now.

It appears Zac is embracing a punter competition between him and Robbins since Chrisman is still with the team. I suppose Robbins has a significant edge since they invested a draft pick in him.
Reply/Quote
Chrisman said he's been working a punting coach down in Alabama. He's focusing less oneg power, which he has always relied on, and more on speed and control. Learning to use other muscles,other than leg, to help control the punts. Sounds like he his doing much like Joe did with his passing after his knee...better punting with better body mechanics

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2023, 05:20 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Woah nice job posting one example lmfaoo the new england game both kickers were missing due to the wind. Oh my lord, you are comedy gold

And the Ravens game? As usual, you got nothing. What, no video of bad snaps by Adomitis causing McPherson to miss? 
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 11:41 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: And the Ravens game? As usual, you got nothing. What, no video of bad snaps by Adomitis causing McPherson to miss? 

You’re doing what a lot of fans do, and that’s bash the guy who most likely isn’t gonna be on the roster next season, while praising the guy who will be the starter in 2023 if Harris doesn’t retire. It’s called coping

But there’s no use in arguing with you. I don’t have the time to find footage of the snaps on kicks. I know what I saw, and plenty of other people saw the crappy snaps in the game day threads.

But you go ahead and say “well what about the one kick on this particular game?” Lmao

Reply/Quote
Apple would be signed right now if he wasn’t so universally reviled. If Apple acted like Apple and played like prime Revis, he’d be employed and well paid. But Eli plays like Apple and conducts himself like Apple and that = slightly above league minimum.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 11:53 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: You’re doing what a lot of fans do, and that’s bash the guy who most likely isn’t gonna be on the roster next season, while praising the guy who will be the starter in 2023 if Harris doesn’t retire. It’s called coping

But there’s no use in arguing with you. I don’t have the time to find footage of the snaps on kicks. I know what I saw, and plenty of other people saw the crappy snaps in the game day threads.

But you go ahead and say “well what about the one kick on this particular game?” Lmao
I'm not sure if what's being remembered is the end of Game 1 last year vs the Steelers when there were bad snaps that resulted in Bengals ultimately losing that game, but that was Mitchell Wilcox snapping those, not Adomitis. Adomitis didn't join the roster until the following week.

With that said, McPherson did miss 2 FGs and 3 XPs once Adomitis became the LS, but I am not sure if a bad snap was the culprit or not.
I, like you, do seem to recall there being maybe 1 or 2 instances, but I'd have to go back through clips and see if I can find.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 11:53 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: You’re doing what a lot of fans do, and that’s bash the guy who most likely isn’t gonna be on the roster next season, while praising the guy who will be the starter in 2023 if Harris doesn’t retire. It’s called coping

If you are gonna rely on what was said in the gameday threads then..... Wow just wow
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 12:38 PM)sandwedge Wrote: If you are gonna rely on what was said in the gameday threads then..... Wow just wow

Of course the game day threads are filled with overreacting emotional non rational takes. I browse it almost every game. I usually just post once or twice if there’s an obvious weakness that’s hurting the team

But on extra points and field goal attempts, you have a handful of people who can see when the snap is a bit inaccurate

Reply/Quote
I think Eli was gone in the team's eyes as soon as Vonn Bell left in free agency. No inside knowledge on this, but I think his history/relationship with Bell dating back to their time at OSU kept Eli somewhat grounded compared to his other stops.
Reply/Quote
Eli's relationship was to Lou and their time with the Giants (and Lou knowing how to use him) and not necessarily Bell.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 02:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: Eli's relationship was to Lou and their time with the Giants (and Lou knowing how to use him) and not necessarily Bell.

I’m willing to bet Von Bell certainly helped

Reply/Quote