Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Then Bengals 90s - current...
Fans are overreacting IMO.

I see people on Facebook saying things like “I can’t even watch media this week, it’s so embarrassing to be a Bengals fan” booooohooooo

I haven’t seen one article trashing the Bengals, and we dropped from #7 to #11 in NFL.coms power rankings. We had a slip up, that’s it. The national media has not gone on some crusade against the Bengals, in fact, they’ve been relatively quiet about it.

Either way, I’m tired of wussy fans who tuck their tails between their legs after any loss. There is nothing to be embarrassed about, it’s just your favorite sports team losing a game.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 01:26 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Fans are overreacting IMO.

I see people on Facebook saying things like “I can’t even watch media this week, it’s so embarrassing to be a Bengals fan” booooohooooo

I haven’t seen one article trashing the Bengals, and we dropped from #7 to #11 in NFL.coms power rankings. We had a slip up, that’s it. The national media has not gone on some crusade against the Bengals, in fact, they’ve been relatively quiet about it.

Either way, I’m tired of wussy fans who tuck their tails between their legs after any loss. There is nothing to be embarrassed about, it’s just your favorite sports team losing a game.

For real... Some of us act like our wages get garnished when they lose. It was an irritating loss, but it's just one game. Cleveland doesn't seem to be as advertised, and I'd be lyin' if I said I saw 6-3 or even 5-4 at the bye.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 12:55 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: If they don’t bounce back against the browns I’ll worry.

Yeah, if they let one bad game turn into two, then three, we'll have a problem.  Still plenty of time to right the ship, starting with the Shitstains.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 02:02 PM)jason Wrote: For real... Some of us act like our wages get garnished when they lose. It was an irritating loss, but it's just one game. Cleveland doesn't seem to be as advertised, and I'd be lyin' if I said I saw 6-3 or even 5-4 at the bye.

Yeah, but the football goons are coming to our houses tonight to break all our knee caps..  Freakout
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 12:13 PM)Tony Wrote: I think its obvious why some of us dont get along. It pretty much fans from 80s /90s vs 2000s...

This team has to be the most let your fans down team in sports.. That Jets game reminded me so much of Brett Favre first game against the Bengals. The  Bengals are always on the wrong side of games people remember. Everytime, and I mean everytime you think they turned the corner, the have this game, like they did with the Jets.. We ha e all seen this before...  I guess its still better than the 90s, but only the Bengals lose that game to the Jets..

Not really. Even the Super Bowl Bengals teams of the '80s lost to teams as bad as the Jets. Not to mention the numerous other NFL teams every year that lose those types of games. 

I've been a fan since '78 and even in the early '90s i was there every week, listening to every snap on the radio while i was working on the house or whatever. I've seen and heard a million of those (Jets-type) losses but i don't automatically go to "worse team in the league" "fraud", etc, when they lose a game they should have won. The reason i don't is perspective. A lot to most of those previous teams showed some promise but they didn't nearly have the all around talent that this team does and none of them had a QB like Burrow.

8 games. Some early growing pains, a close loss to a really good Packers team and then the big, breakthrough win @ Baltimore. 3rd straight game on the road against a really bad team that lost massively the week before and it was the perfect storm for the Bengals to fall on their face. Just like the '81 Bengals team did @ New Orleans and the '88 team did @ New England. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 12:39 PM)Tony Wrote: Do you honestly think this is a playoff team? Im hoping for 8 wins.. I guess with the AFC this year you never know.. The way the Bengals lost it ,is so bengals though. The Titans had bot wrs out.. The Bengals are Healthy and let some Mike Wgite torch them... It's just the way they lost it. Being up 11 with under 5 minutes, teams were 59-0 , at least until the Bengals. So ya , the Bengals would be the only 1 to lose lile that...

Nope. That's childs play and 100% wrong.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/10/browns-are-first-team-in-nfl-history-to-lose-despite-scoring-40-points-having-no-turnovers/

You're just negative and look for the first sign to spout that negativity from the rooftops, over and over again. No one in the NFL or on the Cincinnati Bengals owes you anything. You choose to watch and root for the team so you get to enjoy it or not with ZERO guarantee of any kind of positive, owed outcome.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 12:44 PM)Mer Wrote: I honestly don't think I've seen someone turn as toxic as you the last 2 days after a loss when we're still 5-3. The lose stinks, yes, but the season is far from over.

Imagine that toxicity before the end of the 1st quarter during the game... 

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 10:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nope. That's childs play and 100% wrong.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/10/browns-are-first-team-in-nfl-history-to-lose-despite-scoring-40-points-having-no-turnovers/

You're just negative and look for the first sign to spout that negativity from the rooftops, over and over again. No one in the NFL or on the Cincinnati Bengals owes you anything. You choose to watch and root for the team so you get to enjoy it or not with ZERO guarantee of any kind of positive, owed outcome.
I deffinetly want them to win, but I gotta be honest. That defense was exposed and The offense is too inconsistent.. I didn't say they would lose the rest of their games or anything like that.. I just think 8 - 9 wins would be a success.. I really dont see them winning anymore than that..
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 01:26 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Fans are overreacting IMO.

I don't know what the **** you been watching, but they been getting shit on all week... 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 01:02 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: [Image: Rn0iWp4.png]

And Paulie took that personally…
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
The loss sux but its the NFL and it happens.

Yet the Bengals have played 5 of their 8 games on the road in the NFL which is definitely grueling.

The Bengals are currently sitting only a half a game out of first place in the division with a tiebreaker over said team.

They're a game up on steelers with tiebreaker and one and a half games up on the Browns and will either have a two and a half game lead or a half game lead on Browns no matter which way this game ends.

Point is that it's not the time for Bengals fans to melt down just yet, not even after this game.

Obviously want to win this game but feel the first few games after the bye week is going to be a better gauge on where the team stands and is heading.
5-4 or better yet 6-3 is not a horrible place to be coming off the bye week especially after recalling the preseason predictions made on this board.
The Jets debacle stunk but it was also their 3rd road game in a row and we won two of them even by a total score of 75 to 28, again ON THE ROAD.

Let's wait and see how they respond.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Doom and gloom over 1 game is ridiculous. Especially now that it's Wednesday. I'll 100% put this loss on the coaches, and I'll 100% say the team better pull their heads out for the next game. But unless we're in one one loss and out mode of the playoff, shtuff happens. The loss hurt. It was ridiculous. It was unavoidable. It made a dent in credibility. But the team has soooo much season left to put this in the rearview. My question is whether they can/will. THAT question determines their fate. Not one loss. Wallow in it a few hours, maybe a day. Anyone who's still upset about the loss 3 days later needs to pick up another hobby. Cheer for the win, wait to see what happens after the loss. That's the most low-key response I can even think of after years of disappointment supporting the team. Disappointment, but some really fun times as well. I did the 90s. They sucked. But anyone who's still here is here for a reason. Time to think about (and start drinking for) the game this Sunday!
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 12:49 PM)Tony Wrote: It's not over, but this team has some serious flaws.. 8 wins will still be a success after the past few years. You can't be a serious playoff contender and lose to a 1-5 Jets led by backups... I don't want them to lose but I could see a skid coming a mile away. Look at the schedule... The Oline and now Defense are huge liabilities. Burrows late game ints dont help either. THE DEFENSE has been exposed in my opinion.. 

So, if the Bengals can't be a serious playoff contender because they lost to the Jets...does that mean the Ravens and Steelers also can't be playoff contenders because they both got embarrassed by the team that lost to the Jets?
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 01:51 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: So, if the Bengals can't be a serious playoff contender because they lost to the Jets...does that mean the Ravens and Steelers also can't be playoff contenders because they both got embarrassed by the team that lost to the Jets?

You know neither one of those teams is shitting the bed to the Jets.. 
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 02:04 AM)Tony Wrote: You know neither one of those teams is shitting the bed to the Jets.. 

But they both lost badly to the team that lost to the Jets.

Just trying to see how far your logic extends or if it only applies to the Bengals.

Getting upset by the Jets on the road = not a playoff contender
Getting embarrassed at home by the team that lost to the Jets = ?

You say neither one of them shits the bed against the Jets, but both shit the bed against the Bengals. It took the Ravens a record setting FG to beat a team that the Bengals beat by 23. Beating or losing to any one team, on any one week doesn't make a season or predict how it unfolds. You have to wait and see how things play out.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 02:10 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: But they both lost badly to the team that lost to the Jets.

Just trying to see how far your logic extends or if it only applies to the Bengals.

Getting upset by the Jets on the road = not a playoff contender
Getting embarrassed at home by the team that lost to the Jets = ?

You say neither one of them shits the bed against the Jets, but both shit the bed against the Bengals. It took the Ravens a record setting FG to beat a team that the Bengals beat by 23. Beating or losing to any one team, on any one week doesn't make a season or predict how it unfolds. You have to wait and see how things play out.

True, I just don't think you can be 1 of the better teams in the league, with losses to the Jets and Bears... They need 1 more offseason to get the Oline sorted out...
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 07:43 AM)Tony Wrote: True, I just don't think you can be 1 of the better teams in the league, with losses to the Jets and Bears... They need 1 more offseason to get the Oline sorted out...

This isn't college football. It doesn't matter as much who you lose to as long as you have a good enough overall record.
In fact, it's better for the Bengals tiebreaker-wise that they have a win over the Ravens and a loss vs the Jets compared to vice versa.

Now, if that Jets loss determines whether they make the postseason or not, or their seeding, then yes it's a bigger deal.
But in terms of "bad losses vs good losses," that subjective crap doesn't matter in the NFL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 02:04 AM)Tony Wrote: You know neither one of those teams is shitting the bed to the Jets.. 

The Ravens needed a record setting FG kick to beat an even worse team in the Lions…

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 07:43 AM)Tony Wrote: True, I just don't think you can be 1 of the better teams in the league, with losses to the Jets and Bears... They need 1 more offseason to get the Oline sorted out...

The Bears have a really good defense, and also beat another 1st place team in the Raiders.

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 03:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Bears have a really good defense, and also beat another 1st place team in the Raiders.

The Bears are pretty bad all around, though their defense is better than the offense. They have the 22nd ranked defense by EPA. This lines up with the standard rankings, where they rank 20th in PPG allowed. Still, this is an example of the NFL's volatility. Bad teams can, and will, beat good teams. 
Reply/Quote