Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"There's a loose belief that Taylor could get another year"
(12-10-2020, 07:14 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This is the biggest crock of shit I've ever heard in my entire life.

How could anyone say this with a straight face?

It's a doozy of a statement alright...and from the same article, for people that think Mike isn't involved anymore:

“It used to be just me and Marvin. Now it’s me, Katie and Troy and Paul and Duke and Zac.”

That's one helluva think tank right there.  Sick
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 07:05 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Well that's completely absurd. 

It's not absurd. Zac was assistant wr coach and the QB coach with the Rams. He had no part in creating the Rams offense. When he was hired, he brought McVays playbook.

As OC for the Dolphins, he made their offense worse and he destroyed UCs offense. Then Dalton had his worst year under him.

And Burrow had a major knee injury Year 1.

Zac destroys offenses...
Reply/Quote
What's most disappointing with Tobin, is nearly every poster had this issue solved by knowing who to go after (Callahan - at least this year when he was free and we already had the oline issue, and J.D). With Zac being a young coach and Tobin being the supposed GM figure with experience. Especially having seen the coaches come through here that Marvin brought through.

I'm not sure how much authority he has on staffing the assistant coaches, and we know he doesn't make the call on the HC, so it's not a position that is going to attract many suitors, and Tobin has shown no signs of shaking up the system. No call for more scouts, no firing these scout(s) that helped miss so much on lineman and linebackers over the years, no sense of urgency or ambition to do better(for himself professionally). He is as cozy in this dumpster fire as anyone MB included.

If we were going to get stuck with a Player Personnel whatever it is title, then at least we could have got stuck with one with some ambition, using this position as a stepping stone. Tobin's comfort alone may be a bad character trait for the position given the competitiveness on all levels of teams from the front office down. Tobin isn't even a GM after 22 years, and is fine with it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
The half to a third of the scouts of a normal franchise is tough.

Good teams are built from the lines out. Our lines are probably the worst in the NFL. Our coaching is the worst too.

We're not a draft pick away. We werent Burrow and Jonah and Tee away.

We need to try a new staff.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 03:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There's some real debate on if Marvin was fired or stepped down too. I think there's a good chance that MB wanted him back, but Marvin was done here.

I remember Mikey recently said that he still thinks Marvin is good coach, but he realized there would be a riot if he brought him back another year.  My guess is Marvin also understood the situation.  Letting Marvin resign was a way of letting him save face on the way out.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 05:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think the Zac era  proves the adage "It can't be any worse" wrong.

But will he also get a chance to prove it right?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 07:14 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This is the biggest crock of shit I've ever heard in my entire life.

How could anyone say this with a straight face?

I'm sure it's written into his contract. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 03:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There's some real debate on if Marvin was fired or stepped down too. I think there's a good chance that MB wanted him back, but Marvin was done here.

One of the beat guys talked about the "mutual" parting of ways. Mike wanted Marvin back and Marvin wanted to come back. However, Mike knew that there was absolutely no way he could sell the fan base on another season of Marvin.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 02:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: My guess is Lou stays. Callahan goes.

Then, like Eason on the DL.

The big question is on Turner? And like I said in another thread, my guess is they keep Turner and add Sewell and then a Guard. Maybe not Thuney, but a B or C tier Guard.

Taylor will probably eventually get an extension. Maybe get the Team to 8-9 wins in a couple years. Then, when we do make the playoffs occasionally, he'll get drastically outcoached.

IF Taylor would just give up calling plays, things would look better.

Let's face it, Burrow is extremely arrogant and he thinks he can overcome this mess. No 1 player can overcome this all alone.

I know the family and we have spoken about this. Thuney would come to Cincy with a competitive offer.
Reply/Quote
Nothing in his career before getting the HC job suggests he should be a HC and nothing he has done since he got here suggests he should remain a HC. It’s just bizarre.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 02:11 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: One of the beat guys talked about the "mutual" parting of ways. Mike wanted Marvin back and Marvin wanted to come back. However, Mike knew that there was absolutely no way he could sell the fan base on another season of Marvin.

I'd say this is what happened.

I was always a big supporter of Marvin, but even I was pissed when we re-signed him after the '17 season.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 04:15 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I know the family and we have spoken about this. Thuney would come to Cincy with a competitive offer.

A competitive offer is like $15 million a year. THAT'S where I think the issue is. Nothing in the Bengals history says they'll give a Guard that much.

Now maybe things change with AJ Green's contract up and that money coming off the books and Burrow on a rookie deal.
Reply/Quote
We all know how this ends with Taylor getting fired and Marvin Lewis- coming back. The only question is does it happen in January of 21 or 22.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 08:42 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It's a doozy of a statement alright...and from the same article, for people that think Mike isn't involved anymore:

“It used to be just me and Marvin. Now it’s me, Katie and Troy and Paul and Duke and Zac.”

That's one helluva think tank right there.  Sick

I was arguing with people on the Athletic about this very issue. I backed up my statement of how MB has no desire to win a SB with a vast amount of supporting evidence and people refuse to acknowledge it. It’s not hard that hard to see really
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 01:54 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I was arguing with people on the Athletic about this very issue. I backed up my statement of how MB has no desire to win a SB with a vast amount of supporting evidence and people refuse to acknowledge it. It’s not hard that hard to see really

Winning a Super Bowl would make Mike Brown a ton of money.

I'd say he clearly wants to win.  he just does not know how and he is too stubborn to admit it.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 02:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Winning a Super Bowl would make Mike Brown a ton of money.

I'd say he clearly wants to win.  he just does not know how and he is too stubborn to admit it.

Wanting to win and doing whatever it takes to so are two different things entirely. Saying you want to win is not the same as learning how to win.
Reply/Quote
There was an artificial on BR that Joe B said he can win a Super Bowl with Zack. That may give him 5 years.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 01:31 PM)J24 Wrote: We all know how this ends with Taylor getting fired and Marvin Lewis- coming back. The only question is does it happen in January of 21 or 22.

Is this a serious statement?
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 09:45 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Is this a serious statement?
Yes it's going to be Him or Hue it's pretty easy to see. I'm not endorsing it just saying what's going to happen. Also apparently there is heavy interest in him around the league.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote