Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"There's a loose belief that Taylor could get another year"
(12-11-2020, 09:53 PM)J24 Wrote: Yes it's going to be Him or Hue it's pretty easy to see. I'm not endorsing it just saying what's going to happen. Also apparently there is heavy interest in him around the league.

Ok, I'll bite. Why on Earth would they bring back a guy that took about a decade too long to fire, or statistically the worst living former nfl head coach? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 09:41 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: There was an artificial on BR that Joe B said he can win a Super Bowl with Zack. That may give him 5 years.

Are you sure about that?  I read an article or two on that topic, and Zac Taylor's name wasn't mentioned.  What was said was "I think I can win a Superbowl in Cincinnati".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 09:53 PM)J24 Wrote: Yes it's going to be Him or Hue it's pretty easy to see. I'm not endorsing it just saying what's going to happen. Also apparently there is heavy interest in him around the league.

Both of those hires have a 0% chance of happening.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 10:13 PM)Benton Wrote: Ok, I'll bite. Why on Earth would they bring back a guy that took about a decade too long to fire, or statistically the worst living former nfl head coach? 
What are you talking about worst living former head coach? He is the only guy with a winning record under Mike Brown?
(12-11-2020, 10:20 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Both of those hires have a 0% chance of happening.

Lol the only guy who has had any success as a coach under Mike Brown and happens to be best friends with the guy has 0 chance of being the next head coach here. Also it's well known that Mike loves Hue and wanted him to be head coach but he knew the fans wouldn't accept it.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 10:32 PM)J24 Wrote: What are you talking about worst living former head coach? He is the only guy with a winning record under Mike Brown?

Erm... you said Merv or Hue.

Hence the question:

Quote:Why on Earth would they bring back a guy that took about a decade too long to fire, or statistically the worst living former nfl head coach?
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 10:50 PM)Benton Wrote: Erm... you said Merv or Hue.

Hence the question:

Hue Jackson won games in Oakland. The worst living HC is currently employed here.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 10:52 PM)jason Wrote: Hue Jackson won games in Oakland. The worst living HC is currently employed here.

Including the Oakland games, Hue is .205. That's only slightly better than Bert Bell's .179... but Bell died like 40 years ago.

Toss out the Oakland games and Hue is like .01 or something. I dunno, that math is pretty horrible.

Either way, Hue is statistically the worst living former HC by any metric. 
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 11:03 PM)Benton Wrote: Including the Oakland games, Hue is .205. That's only slightly better than Bert Bell's .179... but Bell died like 40 years ago.

Toss out the Oakland games and Hue is like .01 or something. I dunno, that math is pretty horrible.

Either way, Hue is statistically the worst living former HC by any metric. 

Zac is 4-23-1...that's a .161 winning percentage.

Do you own stock in Zac?
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 11:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Zac is 4-23-1...that's a .161 winning percentage.

Do you own stock in Zac?

The season isn't over. 

And you're comparing him to coaches that had three or more seasons.

And, no, I don't own stock in Zac.

:andy:
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 11:53 PM)Benton Wrote: The season isn't over. 

And you're comparing him to coaches that had three or more seasons.

And, no, I don't own stock in Zac.

Sled already bought it all. Tongue

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 11:53 PM)Benton Wrote: And, no, I don't own stock in Zac.

Good thing, that's a penny stock.

I could picture Jordan Belfort trying to scam old people over the phone to invest in this up and coming young coach that's bound to hit big, refencing all sorts of bs I see on here.  (One score losses, evaluation year, injuries, etc.)
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 11:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sled already bought it all. Tongue

Smirk

I get "not hating ZT" = "slobbering all over everything ZT does" with a lot of folks.

But I'm pretty indifferent. I've seen better in game coaches, I've seen worse. The biggest issue, to me, is if ZT can build a team and attract decent coordinators. So far, he's building a good team, but his coordinators suuuuuuuuuuuck.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2020, 12:05 AM)Benton Wrote: Smirk

I get "not hating ZT" = "slobbering all over everything ZT does" with a lot of folks.

But I'm pretty indifferent. I've seen better in game coaches, I've seen worse. The biggest issue, to me, is if ZT can build a team and attract decent coordinators. So far, he's building a good team, but his coordinators suuuuuuuuuuuck.

I think he’s built a decent O... albeit not the line.

When it comes to D, who has he brought in that really changed things?

Idk if we have enough evidence to say he’s built anything good or bad.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 10:50 PM)Benton Wrote: Erm... you said Merv or Hue.

Hence the question:

My bad gotcha. Still Mike loves Hue and wanted him to be the head coach but knew he could not do it because the fans would hate it.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 02:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Winning a Super Bowl would make Mike Brown a ton of money.

I'd say he clearly wants to win.  he just does not know how and he is too stubborn to admit it.

I've come around to the idea that he values loyalty over ability due to his father and the Art Modell incident.  Keeping up-hum yes men around keeps him from having to guard his back from power hungry and potentially persuasive winners. 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2020, 12:34 AM)J24 Wrote: My bad gotcha. Still Mike loves Hue and wanted him to be the head coach but knew he could not do it because the fans would hate it.

And the fans would still hate it. 

Plus, Hue jumped to the Browns. That's the ultimate insult. If he'd sucked and went to New York or Nashville, I don't think Mike would have cared. But he went to the one team that the Bengals can't lose to.
Reply/Quote

His record speaks for itself.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2020, 12:08 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I think he’s built a decent O... albeit not the line.

When it comes to D, who has he brought in that really changed things?

Idk if we have enough evidence to say he’s built anything good or bad.

Reader was solid before the injury. Like a 70 PFF grade? Bell is good. Logan Wilson looks like he'll be good. Personally, I think Kareem will be good, but I'm a ND fan.

Overall, the defense stinks. I'll be honest, I'm not sure why. A lot of it, I think, is the roster. That's going to take time in that we're not going to find 5-8 starters in one offseason. Another is the mindset of guys that were already here. I always felt like Marvin coached guys not to give up big plays; give up a short gain, no problem, but don't give up the big play. And I think that led us giving up a lot of yards we shouldn't have by playing soft. 

I guess, overall, I felt like our roster was better on both sides of the ball in 2020 than in 2019. I give ZT some credit for that. Sure, I fault him for losing, for having crappy coordinators, and for putting a rookie qb in a position to pass a jillion times a game. But it is what it is. I faulted Merv for losing in big games, for play time decisions, and for team building.
Reply/Quote

Zac is essentially the offensive coordinator and calls plays.

You've seen worse in game coaches? If the coordinators are so bad, how is that possible?

Serious question - Do you watch other NFL games that dont involve the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2020, 02:17 AM)Benton Wrote: Reader was solid before the injury. Like a 70 PFF grade? Bell is good. Logan Wilson looks like he'll be good. Personally, I think Kareem will be good, but I'm a ND fan.

Overall, the defense stinks. I'll be honest, I'm not sure why. A lot of it, I think, is the roster. That's going to take time in that we're not going to find 5-8 starters in one offseason. Another is the mindset of guys that were already here. I always felt like Marvin coached guys not to give up big plays; give up a short gain, no problem, but don't give up the big play. And I think that led us giving up a lot of yards we shouldn't have by playing soft. 

I guess, overall, I felt like our roster was better on both sides of the ball in 2020 than in 2019. I give ZT some credit for that. Sure, I fault him for losing, for having crappy coordinators, and for putting a rookie qb in a position to pass a jillion times a game. But it is what it is. I faulted Merv for losing in big games, for play time decisions, and for team building.

Reader was in the 80s with the Texans. Here, he's graded out similar to Billings grade last year.
Reply/Quote