Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
These Benghazi reports make me sick
Republican Report:
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/benghazi-committee-releases-final-report-112105424--abc-news-topstories.html

Democratic Report:
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/house-democrats-release-preemptive-benghazi-report/story?id=40162406

How childish can elected officials be? Neither side is truly interested in the loss of life. 4 Americans dying is a patrol gone wrong in Iraq. One side looks to blame those in charge and the other attempts to deflect responsibility.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-28-2016, 01:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Republican Report:
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/benghazi-committee-releases-final-report-112105424--abc-news-topstories.html

Democratic Report:
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/house-democrats-release-preemptive-benghazi-report/story?id=40162406

How childish can elected officials be? Neither side is truly interested in the loss of life. 4 Americans dying is a patrol gone wrong in Iraq. One side looks to blame those in charge and the other attempts to deflect responsibility.  

What about the SEVEN OTHER REPORTS the GOP released already?

How do they make you feel?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-28-2016, 01:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Republican Report:

Democratic Report:

Agreed. And it's summed up from the first link.

Quote:The select committee, formed just over two years ago, is the eighth congressional committee to investigate the attacks. Its investigation is the 12th on Benghazi.

The panel has attracted partisan controversy since its formation. It was approved in a vote nearly along party lines in the House in May 2014.
[url=https://gma.yahoo.com/photos/benghazi-committee-releases-final-report-photo-112104882--abc-news-topstories.html][/url]It is credited with uncovering Clinton's use of a private email server as secretary of state, which was discovered as the committee looked into correspondence between Clinton and her team after the Benghazi attacks.

Eight committees, 12th investigation and so far the only thing anyone talks about out of all of it is Clinton's email server.

It's a gross abuse of tax dollars, and politicizing of a terrorist attack. If somebody wants someone held accountable, do it. Do something. Stop wasting time and money.
(06-28-2016, 02:17 PM)Benton Wrote: Agreed. And it's summed up from the first link.

Eight committees, 12th investigation and so far the only thing anyone talks about out of all of it is Clinton's email server.

It's a gross abuse of tax dollars, and politicizing of a terrorist attack. If somebody wants someone held accountable, do it. Do something. Stop wasting time and money.

Well, to be fair, now they are talking about Clinton planned a trip there some time so they stayed longer than they would have.

Or something.
The problem with politics is that it is more about getting re elected than it is to actually serve the people. Lower the pay substantially limit term length more and make it truly a service to your country rather than a lucrative career.
This is what politicians do. If something goes wrong, it is time for the "Blame Game". I think there is plenty of fault to go around, but I don't think believe it necessarily damns one person. A lot of organizations failed that day including the State Department, the CIA, Congress (for cut funding) and even AFRICOM (yes, even after I extolled their virtues in another thread).

I just watched the movie on this the other day. I thought it was pretty good and, for the most part, was pretty true to events that day (at least as far as I have read about them). We didn't anticipate the attack (breakdown in intelligence), the attack developed quickly and was organized (limiting our ability to respond anyway), and our response options were extremely limited (failure to have a reasonable contingency plan). I thought the movie did a good job of showing how this was a series of planned attacks on two different locations: the first at the diplomatic compound and subsequent attacks through the night at the CIA compound.

I hope the Blame Game hasn't gotten in the way of solid after action review and policy changes to prevent or limit this type attack in the future. That kind of stuff is bi-partisan.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(06-28-2016, 02:49 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: This is what politicians do. If something goes wrong, it is time for the "Blame Game". I think there is plenty of fault to go around, but I don't think believe it necessarily damns one person. A lot of organizations failed that day including the State Department, the CIA, Congress (for cut funding) and even AFRICOM (yes, even after I extolled their virtues in another thread).

I just watched the movie on this the other day. I thought it was pretty good and, for the most part, was pretty true to events that day (at least as far as I have read about them). We didn't anticipate the attack (breakdown in intelligence), the attack developed quickly and was organized (limiting our ability to respond anyway), and our response options were extremely limited (failure to have a reasonable contingency plan). I thought the movie did a good job of showing how this was a series of planned attacks on two different locations: the first at the diplomatic compound and subsequent attacks through the night at the CIA compound.

I hope the Blame Game hasn't gotten in the way of solid after action review and policy changes to prevent or limit this type attack in the future. That kind of stuff is bi-partisan.

This is where I am with the movie. I expected to come away madder than I was. After watching it; I was like everybody knew the risks. There's a number of things we can blame Hillary for, but unless this "final" report exposes some sort of smoking gun; then she is no more to blame than any number of politicians.

Now as far as camouflaging the role the administration played and what they truly knew. That's a different story; but to answer her "What difference does it now make?" query: I'd say plenty.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

What difference does it make?
(06-28-2016, 06:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is where I am with the movie. I expected to come away madder than I was. After watching it; I was like everybody knew the risks. There's a number of things we can blame Hillary for, but unless this "final" report exposes some sort of smoking gun; then she is no more to blame than any number of politicians.

Now as far as camouflaging the role the administration played and what they truly knew. That's a different story; but to answer her "What difference does it now make?" query: I'd say plenty.

Are we still using this quote so far out of context?
(06-28-2016, 02:47 PM)Au165 Wrote: The problem with politics is that it is more about getting re elected than it is to actually serve the people. Lower the pay substantially limit term length more and make it truly a service to your country rather than a lucrative career.

Also abolish the lobby, overturn C.U......and cut out the outlandish lifetime bennies....

"Better send those refunds..."

A lot of money wasted to formally vilify or exonerate one person.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]