Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
These message boards…
We’re just being setup for a disappointing loss
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 09:00 AM)basballguy Wrote: We’re just being setup for a disappointing loss

More like disappointing win! We will play like trash, win the superbowl and say is there nobody out there on our level when we're playing well?
Reply/Quote
We got lucky against the Titans. Tanehill didn't have the best game but I think they're OC is more to blame. Foreman was they're leading rusher with 4 carries for 66. He had a long of 45 but that still leaves 3 for 21. They got caught up in the Henry hype and didn't play the hot hand even after he ripped off 45 yds. Henry only had 3.1 ypc.

We had 12 drives yesterday and gave up 9 sacks with a couple negated to a timeout and a delay of game. This is just absolutely unacceptable and if we want to continue that unit has to play better.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:38 PM)Justin1462 Wrote: Next week we will still have a QB that is just as good if not better.

Whose offense hasn’t shown up this entire playoff so far. We need the 30 point offense to show up to have a shot.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The last time we made it this far in the playoffs this was a new album:

[Image: Daryl_Hall_%26_John_Oates_-_Ooh_Yeah%21.png]

Is that Aaron Rogers?
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 09:00 AM)basballguy Wrote: We’re just being setup for a disappointing loss

As far as I'm concerned, yesterday's game was already playing with house money.  Any wins from here out are just icing.  This team by most standards wasn't "ready" to compete this deep this year and was a year away.  So what we're seeing now is remarkable and I'm just along for the ride and having fun.  Next year, the expectations out of the gate will be SB, and any losses will be more disappointing.  But let's just enjoy this moment now.  It's been stated that winning cures all (including board negativity) and that's proving mostly true Happy
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Burrow tied the "most sacks in a playoff game" record?

That's GOTTA be a negative!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 09:42 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: More like disappointing win! We will play like trash, win the superbowl and say is there nobody out there on our level when we're playing well?

Well...like yesterday. We won, but whomever says it wasn't an ugly W is blind. Nine sacks. Basically no pocket protection (hence the nine sacks, although arguably 1-2 were on Burrow holding the ball too long) -- and there could have been more improvement than I care to mention in various other aspects. But, Tennessee on some level was worse, so on we go to the next round. Just would like the next (2) games to be better overall. Certainly, er, less sacks at least, so say we all, I'm sure.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:47 PM)GridironMonarch Wrote: Well...like yesterday. We won, but whomever says it wasn't an ugly W is blind. Nine sacks. Basically no pocket protection (hence the nine sacks) -- and there could have been more improvement than I care to mention in various other aspects. But, Tennessee on some level was worse, so on we go to the next round. Just would like the next (2) games to be better overall. Certainly, er, less sacks at least, so say we all, I'm sure.  Smirk

Yeah just imagine if we win without an offensive line "lol what". 

Of course Tennessee was worse they have Tannehill and Vrabel putting henry out there with a plate and screws in his foot.
Reply/Quote
The lack of understanding sarcasm is astounding on here........
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:05 PM)sandwedge Wrote: The lack of understanding sarcasm is astounding on here........

It really is! But sarcasm doesn't come across over the web, that's why PhilHos doesn't post in gameday thread.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Next week we are going to face a QB who is good (unless Mahommes or Allen get hurt in a win).

They don't have the Dlines like Tenessee.. Esp Buffalo.. Hope the Bills win...We beat them the last time we went to the superbowl.. Unbelievable, but we could get Bengals vs Niners a 3rd time and this time Montanna isn't there...
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 11:01 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Whose offense hasn’t shown up this entire playoff so far. We need the 30 point offense to show up to have a shot.

The played 2 zone defenses that are built to stop what we do in the redzone. We moved the ball fine... We will score next week.   
Reply/Quote

Who cares? We are in the ***** AFC Championship!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:07 PM)Tony Wrote: They don't have the Dlines like Tenessee.. Esp Buffalo.. Hope the Bills win...We beat them the last time we went to the superbowl.. Unbelievable, but we could get Bengals vs Niners a 3rd time and this time Montanna isn't there...

That game was brutal. How do you sack someone 9 times and they still throw for 350 and win. That has to be demoralizing. At the same time it makes the Bengals think how are they supposed to lose. Best part is limiting turnovers, they're doing a really good job at that lately. 11-1 after winning turnover battle, and that's probably a typical stat (75% of the time NFL teams win when they are in a positive turnover edge, we're slightly better).
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:11 PM)Tony Wrote: Who cares? We are in the ***** AFC Championship!!!

Hey comon now this is the sarcastic negative thread! We're allowed to be negative in here!
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:56 PM)Destro Wrote: We we win, Trae Waynes gets a ring, too.

I see why Apple is starting over him now... Eli has come up huge multiple times this year...
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:12 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Hey comon now this is the sarcastic negative thread! We're allowed to be negative in here!

I can't even play games like that. I'VE WAITED TOO LONG...
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:11 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: That game was brutal. How do you sack someone 9 times and they still throw for 350 and win. That has to be demoralizing. At the same time it makes the Bengals think how are they supposed to lose. Best part is limiting turnovers, they're doing a really good job at that lately. 11-1 after winning turnover battle, and that's probably a typical stat (75% of the time NFL teams win when they are in a positive turnover edge, we're slightly better).

Shouldn't of been an int yesterday either. It obviously hit the ground... Even the refs couldn't stop us..
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:10 PM)Tony Wrote: The played 2 zone defenses that are built to stop what we do in the redzone. We moved the ball fine... We will score next week.   

What are KC's a nd Buffalos scheme?

I doubt SPahnolo runs man and press agaisnt us again. I don't think he's THAT stupid.

Buffalio's D I don't know much about other than their D Line being among the best in the AFC.
Reply/Quote