Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
They Can't Admit It.
They can't face the truth that the mighty Bengals are going to win the division crown this year. They simply can't handle the thought.

Here is what is said after week 1 of football.

(its about suggs/AFCN)

"This is a devastating season-ending injury, the ugh, awful moment of the week. I named Suggs as one of the NFL's nine most indispensable defensive players back in June. Yes, T-Sizzle's getting long in the tooth, but he still is a pass-rushing stud and the pulse of the tough Ravens defense.

Still, I'm not ready to overreact.
Pittsburgh's play selection -- why in the world did Todd Haley call that trick play with the Steelers marching on the game's opening drive? -- and defense were terrible last Thursday in New England. The Bengals looked fantastic at Oakland on Sunday, but a) they were playing the Raiders and b) we know the Andy Dalton-Marvin Lewis duo's reputation in a big spot.
The road to a division title just got much more difficult for Baltimore, but I certainly wouldn't deem it impossible."

In my homerist opinion, the stars are aligning.

Steelers cant cover a TE? well we have a top 5 TE waiting around.
Baltimore loses Suggs and has a dismal offense.
Cleveland is already starting Johnny!

I know its week one and things change in the NFL very quickly but if this was the stock market I would be buying the Bengals in bulk.

I think the only one who can challenge us is the Steelers currently, so lets sweep them this year and make things easy! Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
Bengals might just sweep the division this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 02:23 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Bengals might just sweep the division this year.

We're 11-13 in the division so far in the Andy years. I wouldn't go as far as a sweep, but this team looks like it can do much better than it has been.

Call me easy to please, but I'll be happy with 4-2 or better.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 02:23 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Bengals might just sweep the division this year.

That would be so sweet. I mean, get to the playoffs any way you can, but it is better if it involves beating the Steelers twice. Owning the whole division would be even better...might be too much to hope for though. We'll see. 

Reply/Quote
If the NFL was consistent and we played exactlyl like we did yesterday and all the other teams played exactly as they did yesterday then it would happen.... Unfortunately it doesn't work like that :/. We will MOST LIKELY come out flat in 1 of those 6 games. But heyyy not like it hasn't happened before.

I would be fine dropping one game to Cleveland if we swept Balt and Pitt...
Reply/Quote
An easy way to look silly is to make conclusions based on Week 1.
Reply/Quote
People need to chill a little. Just a little.

We stomped the 2nd to worst team in the league last year and became 3-0 just like that. Yes we're healthier as a unit with more offensive potential but we haven't solidify anything yet.

WTS, if there's ever a time this team can go above .500 in the North, it's now.
Reply/Quote
I didn't say we were winning the superbowl lol, I'm just pointing out that some really unfortunate things have happened for our rivals. You can't downplay the loss of Suggs! This thread is more about how even if we stay as good as we did last year, our rivals are having noticeable injuries and issues.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 02:33 PM)djs7685 Wrote: We're 11-13 in the division so far in the Andy years. I wouldn't go as far as a sweep, but this team looks like it can do much better than it has been.

Call me easy to please, but I'll be happy with 4-2 or better.

When has this division ever looked this weak? Pittsburgh doesn't have a defense anymore. They were ranked 1st, 1st, 13th, 18th the last 4 years. The Ravens defense is going to take a big blow with Suggs and Ngata gone. Plus their offense most likely isn't going to be as good. This is the best opportunity the Bengals have had to sweep the division in a while.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 02:39 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: When has this division ever looked this weak? Pittsburgh doesn't have a defense anymore. They were ranked 1st, 1st, 13th, 18th the last 4 years. The Ravens defense is going to take a big blow with Suggs and Ngata gone. Plus their offense most likely isn't going to be as good. This is the best opportunity the Bengals have had to sweep the division in a while.

A sweep is just really hard to imagine when we haven't been able to muster up more than 3 wins in this division in any of the last 4 seasons.

Baltimore's defense still looks fine on paper. I can't see them falling off a cliff because of Suggs but that loss is definitely a bad thing for them and a good thing for the rest of the division. Pittsburgh had their worst defense in quite some time last year and they swept us. The Browns don't just lay down for the Bengals, we've lost some nasty games to that team in recent memory.

I'm usually pretty pessimistic when it comes to picking us to win games in the division because of our recent track record, but this is the year I'd be confident saying that I believe we'll finally have a winning record in the AFCN with this core of players. I do think 4-2 is more realistic than a sweep though, I can see us splitting with Pittsburgh/Baltimore and just crushing the Browns this year in both games. Or even something crazy like we drop 2 to Baltimore as a reversal of last year and then go 4-0 against Pittsburgh/Cleveland. I don't know man, anything can happen in the NFL, but it seems really hard for me to type that we go 2-0 against Pittsburgh, Baltimore, AND Cleveland and for me to be serious about it.
Reply/Quote
When this team dominates the Steelers and smashes their heads into their own helmets I will completely believe. Until then we just picked on a crap franchise (as we should have). Things look grand thus far, but it's hard to claim the Bengals are going to sweep the Steelers when we beat the Raiders and they lost in New England.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 02:39 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I didn't say we were winning the superbowl lol, I'm just pointing out that some really unfortunate things have happened for our rivals. You can't downplay the loss of Suggs! This thread is more about how even if we stay as good as we did last year, our rivals are having noticeable injuries and issues.

True, but the last time the Ravens lost Suggs they won the Super Bowl.  I'm not saying losing Suggs makes them better, but they've shown before that they can overcome...then again they looked pretty awful in week 1.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 03:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: True, but the last time the Ravens lost Suggs they won the Super Bowl.  I'm not saying losing Suggs makes them better, but they've shown before that they can overcome...then again they looked pretty awful in week 1.

I thought Suggs was back by week #10

I don't recall Suggs being lost for the entire year
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 03:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I thought Suggs was back by week #10

As Billy Joel once said; "You may be right."
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 02:37 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: If the NFL was consistent and we played exactlyl like we did yesterday and all the other teams played exactly as they did yesterday then it would happen.... Unfortunately it doesn't work like that :/. We will MOST LIKELY come out flat in 1 of those 6 games. But heyyy not like it hasn't happened before.

I would be fine dropping one game to Cleveland if we swept Balt and Pitt...

I'd say that a team that can sweep the Steelers and Ravens has no excuse for losing to Cleveland.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

NFL Network said "blown Achilles, gone for the season" earlier today.

I would personally be happy with a split with Pittsburgh.  They held up well against New England on opening night, after they unveiled their latest Super Bowl banner, and had all the emotion of Brady being able to play.  Not to mention they did not have Bell or Martavis Bryant.  Their defense is not what it once was, but they can score a lot of points...
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 04:17 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: NFL Network said "blown Achilles, gone for the season" earlier today.

I would personally be happy with a split with Pittsburgh.  They held up well against New England on opening night, after they unveiled their latest Super Bowl banner, and had all the emotion of Brady being able to play.  Not to mention they did not have Bell or Martavis Bryant.  Their defense is not what it once was, but they can score a lot of points...

He was talking about how Suggs was out until week 10 in the 2012 season.
Reply/Quote
I noticed that NFL.com didn't really do a recap of our game. They just edited together some highlights without any postgame commentary.

Screw 'em.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote

3 years older....   wasnt the same suggs when he returned either(that year) if i remember correct.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 05:58 PM)Shady Wrote: I noticed that NFL.com didn't really do a recap of our game. They just edited together some highlights without any postgame commentary.

Screw 'em.

seriously.
Reply/Quote