Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
They say 'money can't buy happiness' ...
... but what money can't buy is readily available in abundance for free.

So I'll take the money.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Dollar, dollar bill y'all
Reply/Quote
Money can't buy happiness? Give me 20 bucks and watch me smile.
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 06:29 PM)Storer50 Wrote: Money can't buy happiness? Give me 20 bucks and watch me smile.

Exactly. Like the wise man said, it can't buy it, but it can sure rent it.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Maybe not, but money can buy me a boat.  And a boat makes me happy. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Isn't there a saying, "money can't buy happiness but it sure can rent it?"
Reply/Quote
The point being that happiness and money are unrelated and that lil quip is, I don't know ... an oxymoron?

Either way, it doesn't really make sense to say 'money can't buy happiness'. Because happiness (is a warm gun) ... no, happiness and all it encompasses is readily available for free, relatively speaking.

I can't quite wrap my head around why it's such a common thing to say because it doesn't make any sense to me. I mean, I get it, but I don't.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 10:30 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: The point being that happiness and money are unrelated and that lil quip is, I don't know ... an oxymoron?

Either way, it doesn't really make sense to say 'money can't buy happiness'. Because happiness (is a warm gun) ... no, happiness and all it encompasses is readily available for free, relatively speaking.

I can't quite wrap my head around why it's such a common thing to say because it doesn't make any sense to me. I mean, I get it, but I don't.

When you don't have money your thoughts are focused on what you need and to make sure you are meeting those needs for yourself and/or family. When you have money you have freed up your mind as well. Most of the time the thoughts of everyday. Needs and responsibilities are a vacation. When They are gone you have more time to think about everything then think some more. Without the distraction you focus on why you are or aren't happy then analyze over and over.
Reply/Quote
Money might not be able to buy happiness, but it can buy hookers and cocaine which is the same thing.
Reply/Quote
Money can buy a wave runner.

Have you ever seen anyone frown on a wave runner?
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 10:30 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: The point being that happiness and money are unrelated and that lil quip is, I don't know ... an oxymoron?

You are overthinking it.

If your mom died would a wave runner make you happy.

If the woman you loved left you for another man would a million dollars make you happy.
Reply/Quote
Its just a saying the "upper class" tells the lower class people so they don't have to share the wealth.  Its like in South Park, Nothing to see, nothing to see here.  Move a long now. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
can't buy me loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 04:20 PM)magikod Wrote: can't buy me loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee

everybody tells me so.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 04:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: everybody tells me so.

just depends what street you look down  LMAO
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote

Or Oxycontin?  That'll make you happy for a little while.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
" They" say a lot of meaningless wrong drivel.
Don't depend on the ill informed or unintelligent.
Reply/Quote
I also like the one "more money, more problems"

But it seems that usually when I have more money, I can take care of problems easier.

It's all so confusing. Gaah
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 09:36 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Exactly.  Like the wise man said, it can't buy it, but it can sure rent it.

From Weird Al Yankovic: "So if money can't buy happiness, I guess I'll have to rent it."

[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote