Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"They were f------ awesome." Chad Johnson
(10-15-2015, 10:33 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote:  with obvious mental illness.

And you got your medical degree from where? It is interesting that you say this -- most psychologists/psychatrists/other medical professionals will tell you that you cannot diagnose mental illness from afar and shouldn't do so casually. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 04:55 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Best WR in cincy ever not named AJ Green. Yeah Brown Pickens Collinsworth were all solid but ocho was one of a kind
I beg to differ.
Isaac Curtis who played in a less pass centric era when WR's were not protected . Players like Jack Tatum, Mel Blount, Ronne Lott, Lester Hayes etc could contact and beat up recievers all over the feild.
Curtis, with his world class track credentials, precision route running, hands like glue, 100% TEAM ATTITUDE, and last but not least his ultra cool trademark over the shoulder behind the back TD spike. That spike was sooo cool and nonchalant it was disrespectful like " I just burned you..........whatever."

Isaac Curtis: http://youtu.be/xbpBe7Hb0go
Isaac Curtis Cincinnati Bengals Receiver: http://youtu.be/WfwNmpRB8-4
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 05:50 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I liked Chad, but I love AJ.  

^^THIS^^

Chad forgot the most important thing, the "no 'I' in team" deal.

If I'm lying, consider this: He couldn't (or wouldn't) learn the playbook in New England. You have to be a self-entitled schmoe to take a ripe crap all over your last chance. You have to be more worried about your PR guy than your NFL agent. You have to want to "Dance With The Stars" more than dance in the end zone.

Chad was mostly fun, but sometimes he wasn't. 

(And AJ doesn't dive for the turf after every catch.)

EDIT: The Chad Johnson who slept in the PBS lounge after marathon film sessions is NOT the Chad Johnson who rode pine in Boston. Think about that. Where was that Chad Johnson at the twilight of his career? I believe we know the answer. He was "Ocho" and "Robin" and lord knows what else. It's almost inexcusable, really. It's everything we don't want to see in players, and it's quite possibly the difference between NFL HoF induction versus message boards' "rings of honor." {drops mic}
Reply/Quote
T.J. Houshmandzadeh :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 04:44 PM)Bigsmithin Wrote: I will always love Chad Johnson.  I still remember the days of him buying out 10,000 seats just so the game could be shown on T.V. and ask nothing in return other then being a Bengals fan.

Good read about last Sundays game with some Chad Johnson quotes:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000557649/article/cincinnati-bengals-have-a-different-feel-just-ask-chad-john
Chad said it right saying the 2000's were good but this team is better. 2005 was a good year and so was 2009. Then you have a lot of 8-8 or 7-9 type seasons. You also have the 4 win seasons in 2008 and 2010. It's fair to wonder how good those teams really were. ....So Chad said it right that this team from 2011 to 2015 is better..This team looks headed to 5 straight play-off seasons. ....There are fans still stuck in 2005, but this team is better, Chad is correct about that. This team has played great ball for 5 straight years without taking the 4 win seasons backslides, and this team stays focused and bought into winning, never putting egos ahead of the team, the needs of the many outweighing the egos of the few, or the one. This team is about team, which is why they have had the best 5 years of winning in Bengals history.  ....I'm glad Chad said that the Bengals teams he was on were good, but this team is better.  Maybe the 2005 lovers may listen to Chad and get into this team, living in the now instead of the past. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 02:52 AM)MaineBengal Wrote: Chad *was* an awesome route runner.

If only he'd been as good at knowing which route he was supposed to run.

Lmao. Someone please make it stop. Do you have one shred of evidence to back up this ridiculous claim? 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 09:09 AM)tigershrimp Wrote: THIS^^

Chad forgot the most important thing, the "no 'I' in team" deal.

If I'm lying, consider this: He couldn't (or wouldn't) learn the playbook in New England. You have to be a self-entitled schmoe to take a ripe crap all over your last chance. You have to be more worried about your PR guy than your NFL agent. You have to want to "Dance With The Stars" more than dance in the end zone.

Chad was mostly fun, but sometimes he wasn't. 

(And AJ doesn't dive for the turf after every catch.)

EDIT: The Chad Johnson who slept in the PBS lounge after marathon film sessions is NOT the Chad Johnson who rode pine in Boston. Think about that. Where was that Chad Johnson at the twilight of his career? I believe we know the answer. He was "Ocho" and "Robin" and lord knows what else. It's almost inexcusable, really. It's everything we don't want to see in players, and it's quite possibly the difference between NFL HoF induction versus message boards' "rings of honor." {drops mic}

Get real man. Chad was 34 years old trying to learn perhaps the most complex playbook in the NFL on the fly...in a matter of weeks...while simultaneously trying to gel with Brady. Not exactly a simple task. He wasn't traded until the lockout was over, so he basicly had the preseason. It kinda set him up to fail.

Why is it that "Dancing with the Stars" is a bad thing only with Chad? People weren't ripping Hines Ward when he did it. Or any of the other active players. Probably because it's filmed during the offseason and only a flat out hater would use it as an excuse to rip a player.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 11:03 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lmao. Someone please make it stop. Do you have one shred of evidence to back up this ridiculous claim? 

Years of watching him run to the wrong place then turning around to Palmer acting like he threw it to the wrong place. Which one do you really think didn't know the play when they broke the huddle?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 11:03 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lmao. Someone please make it stop. Do you have one shred of evidence to back up this ridiculous claim? 

My job over the last 10 years has had me in the car a lot in the SW Ohio region. I listen to A LOT of sports radio....

- After the 2010 season Merrill Hodge went on LAnce's show and broke down all of CP's INTs for the year (the one with TO). He said that half of them (10) were because Chad or TO were running the routes at different depths and with inconsistency and Carson was either throwing to the spot where they were supposed to be, or trying to adjust the throw to where they were actually at, causing poor throws and mistiming leading to those specific INTs. He also pointed out that this is why Carson would half hitch his throwing motion (twitch his shoulder) and that while it would at first look like he was faking a throw, that he was actually having to stop, readjust, and change his timing. Merrill said that Carson would go to throw on time, only had to stop and adjust because the route was broken off, changed mid route, or continued. Hodge also said he found instances where this led to a sack instead of a pass because Carson was having to hold the ball.

- Early in his career Chad was an incredibly precise route runner. Then, at some point, he began freelancing a lot. This probably worked well at first but then became a challenge to manage as Chad slowed down and couldn't separate as well.

- I used to get to go to a few closed Bengals practices and hang out with the Bengals radio guys/media there because of my wife's job in marketing and advertising with WLW at the time. A very very prominent radio analyst close to the team once told me during a conversation (about Jerome Simpson, actually) that Chad really only plays one WR spot and runs off of  that route tree throughout the playbook. He said that this was a huge reason that Jerome Simpson didn't pay a lot at the same time with Chad: He and Chad BOTH only knew/learned how to play the same spot. Jerome was never forced to learn the other routes. I asked why and the analyst said (of Simpson), and I quote, "Because he's a dumbass and isn't very smart". This conversation happened during Shipley's rookie season (2010) at a closed practice at the PBS practice fields TC, but before the season had started.

- Ever see Chad line up in the slot? I can't remember many instances at all. He would have KILLED people there. But he was never moved around really. This, I would speculate, was because he did not know the other WR spots.

- This season, all of the WRs on the Bengals move around. Heck, even the TE and O-linemen get out into different spots. To have been able to do so with Chad, TJ, Chris, etc. would have been HUGE. But they never did.

^ I am not a Chad hater at all. I loved him as a player and for what he did for the fans and how he is proud to be a Bengal. I have plenty of autographed gear from different events and my favorite is a piece from Chad. That being said, things were what they were.
Reply/Quote
I'll always have respect and gratitude towards Mr.Johnson.
Reply/Quote