Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things Have Changed
Long gone are the days of Kroger, P&G and Bengals players buying up tickets to give away (and those who got them free still didn’t come) just to get the game televised.

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-look-to-fan-flames-of-a

Quote: Echoed by top five finishes in each of the last two seasons from the league-wide Voice of the Fan survey that measures the game day experience, the Bengals have drawn more than 65,000 in 17 straight Paycor games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 08:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: Long gone are the days of Kroger, P&G and Bengals players buying up tickets to give away (and those who got them free still didn’t come) just to get the game televised.

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-look-to-fan-flames-of-a

As long and Burrow and Chase are here (especially Burrow), we'll never have a problem selling out games because they gives us a chance to win any game.

I remember being in Greater Cincinnati in the 90s and never getting to see us on TV with no one buying up tickets because we were so bad every year. We really didn't care because we were so bad.

Season tickets make it not really matter that much for me, but it is nice to see how much people are rallying around this team.

It's a good time to be a Bengals fan!
Reply/Quote
I was a long-time ticker holder. It was frustrating when Steelers, Browns and yes Cowboy fans took over the stadium.

I moved to Florida or would be a season ticket holder. Kudos to all of them who gives us and edge. Paycor rocks, we have some great and loud fans.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 09:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: As long and Burrow and Chase are here (especially Burrow), we'll never have a problem selling out games because they gives us a chance to win any game.

I remember being in Greater Cincinnati in the 90s and never getting to see us on TV with no one buying up tickets because we were so bad every year. We really didn't care because we were so bad.

Season tickets make it not really matter that much for me, but it is nice to see how much people are rallying around this team.

It's a good time to be a Bengals fan!

Well no blackout rule makes it easy to see games for now, i would never say never, we have another down year this year, we better rebuild in 2026 or some of the newbie season ticket holders could be cashing them in regardless of Burrow and Chase...
Reply/Quote
Who wants to spend $100 on a ticket to watch a loss? The Bengals are pricing themselves out of the market. I remember going to games for $40 a ticket.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2024, 01:00 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Who wants to spend $100 on a ticket to watch a loss? The Bengals are pricing themselves out of the market. I remember going to games for $40 a ticket.

When I started being a season ticket holder in 91 the tickets were $20 a game and only $200 a year for the season. The good old days

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
It's not just the wins, the game day experience is markedly better. The primetime games are a primetime event.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2024, 01:00 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Who wants to spend $100 on a ticket to watch a loss? The Bengals are pricing themselves out of the market. I remember going to games for $40 a ticket.

Gas used to be $0.20, too. 
Reply/Quote
It sounds like to me there’s 2 factors. Obviously the product on the field. Secondly the transition to Katie Blackburn and daughters influence from a social media and community involvement is resonating.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Relative to their peers, they have one of the cheaper tickets in the nfl.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/193595/average-ticket-price-in-the-nfl-by-team/
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2024, 06:20 AM)Go Cards Wrote: When I started being a season ticket holder in 91 the tickets were $20 a game and only $200 a year for the season. The good old days

Did I just see a Bengals fan sincerely refer to the 90s as the good ol' days?
Reply/Quote
Honestly, things have been pretty good since Marvin arrived. The playoff losses sucked, and there were down years, but it has been a night and day difference since the lost decade.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2024, 02:01 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Honestly, things have been pretty good since Marvin arrived. The playoff losses sucked, and there were down years, but it has been a night and day difference since the lost decade.

Amen to that! Marvin Lewis took the Bengals from zero to respectable. Zac Taylor took the Bengals from respectable to heroic.

Last week I wore a Joe Burrow jersey through Dallas and received nothing but respectable, positive comments.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2024, 02:01 PM)Wyche Wrote: Honestly, things have been pretty good since Marvin arrived. The playoff losses sucked, and there were down years, but it has been a night and day difference since the lost decade.

Ahh the lost decade! My golf game got a lot better during the 90's, didn't watch much football on Sundays...
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2024, 07:33 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Amen to that!  Marvin Lewis took the Bengals from zero to respectable. Zac Taylor took the Bengals from respectable to heroic.

Last week I wore a Joe Burrow jersey through Dallas and received nothing but respectable, positive comments.

Getting comments like that definitely shows things have changed!

(04-02-2024, 10:18 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Ahh the lost decade! My golf game got a lot better during the 90's, didn't watch much football on Sundays...

I hear you..... I watched a lot of races in those days, lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2024, 02:01 PM)Wyche Wrote: Honestly, things have been pretty good since Marvin arrived. The playoff losses sucked, and there were down years, but it has been a night and day difference since the lost decade.

Yup

Compared to pre ML and the musical QB's game we played for years under Coslet and even LeBeau. I loved it when Marvin put Jon Kitna in and left him in. And then that magical 2005 season, it will always be one of my favorites.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 10:05 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup

Compared to pre ML and the musical QB's game we played for years under Coslet and even LeBeau. I loved it when Marvin put Jon Kitna in and left him in. And then that magical 2005 season, it will always be one of my favorites.

I really enjoyed 2003 honestly... We'd been terrible, and to get to 500, beat KC, and be chasing a playoff spot was a breath of fresh air.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2024, 10:18 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Ahh the lost decade! My golf game got a lot better during the 90's, didn't watch much football on Sundays...

The Bengals were so bad that I willingly chose to sit around and shit my pants instead of watch that product.

I was a toddler for half of it.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 10:28 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: The Bengals were so bad that I willingly chose to sit around and shit my pants instead of watch that product.

I was a toddler for half of it.

Hilarious Hilarious
It was more of watching to see if the Bengals could find another ridiculous way to lose a game...
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 11:00 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Hilarious Hilarious
It was more of watching to see if the Bengals could find another ridiculous way to lose a game...

It was like being the "Keystone Cops" (for those who are old enough to remember them)

-or-

Being the Coyote to the Road Runner.
Reply/Quote