Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things I learned from watching the Thursday night NFL season opener
(09-06-2019, 12:01 PM)NKURyan Wrote: After Chicago found itself staring at 1st and 40 I felt pretty happy that ZT installed a play clock in practice, lol.

I can't fathom how a team gets two straight delay of game penalties at home. Awful.

Yeah, that's a head scratcher. You'd think by the time you're in the NFL, the pinnacle of football, you'd know about the play clock.  Hmm
Reply/Quote
Most of Trubisky's sacks were right at the LOS and usually it was a RPO that the defense caught. Rodgers sacks were indeed in the backfield - the Bears are strong up front and there were a couple of protection breakdowns. When they got the TD a key was they finally called mass protect and also did some unusual tricks up front to get Rodgers a chance to let a play develop - and he cashed it in.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 01:00 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Here is what I learned

Packers D was about as bad as ours last year.

They signed three quality free D agents and I think two of them are linebackers.

Why don't the Bengals ever sign high quality free agents in positions of need and why in the world did they not sign a quality LB last year.

Don't give me a salary cap argument since the Packers are dealing with the impact of Rodgers salary.

They did...in their minds.
They had a need at OT, they signed Bobby Hart.
They had a need at TE, they signed CJ Uzomah and Tyler Eifert.
They had a need at LB, they signed Preston Brown.
They had a need at OG, they signed John Miller.
They needed a CB, they signed Darqueze Dennard and BW Webb.

As they do every year, they prioritize their own players first and then fill out the remaining spots with veterans still available in Week 2 and beyond.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Aaron Rodgers needs to return some of his money so they can give it to the defense.
Reply/Quote
Please note that this was a HORRID free agent class both on OL and at LB. Were they supposed to drop tens of millions on a journeyman?
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 09:50 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Interesting to see if anyone can give us his PFF rating.

I saw him get beat badly off the snap at least 3 times with one a tackle for loss on 3rd and short. He barely touched his man.

Yeah, should of took that guy lol
Reply/Quote
Trubisky looked like hot trash.

That's all I can say.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 10:39 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Why you say that?

First off: he's 3 years younger, dude's barely old enough to drink. Secondly he has shown versatility as he started at both guard spots last year at a high level and is currently starting at center. Finally, he impressed so much in the preseason that the Bears were compelled to move Cody Whitehair back out to guard. Price impress so little that they moved him to the bench.

I see a lot of folks bringing up last night's performance and although, I didn't see him get "beat" like others did I did see missed assignments. Hell, we want to go by last night's performance alone I can make the case that Andy Dalton is a better QB than A-A-Ron.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 03:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First off: he's 3 years younger, dude's barely old enough to drink. Secondly he has shown versatility as he started at both guard spots last year at a high level and is currently starting at center. Finally, he impressed so much in the preseason that the Bears were compelled to move Cody Whitehair back out to guard. Price impress so little that they moved him to the bench.

I see a lot of folks bringing up last night's performance and although, I didn't see him get "beat" like others did I did see missed assignments. Hell, we want to go by last night's performance alone I can make the case that Andy Dalton is a better QB than A-A-Ron.

What?

This thread is all about last night's performance and what we learned.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 07:40 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Anyone else catch the game/have any observations that could be relevant to us?

(09-06-2019, 03:33 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: What?

This thread is all about last night's performance and what we learned.

I watched the game and had an observation. I didn't see where the OP asked to rate individual performances.

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 03:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I watched the game and had an observation. I didn't see where the OP asked to rate individual performances.

Then why did you bring him up?  normally track with you, but very confused. 

You made an observation, we responded to you observation (I even asked for PFF ratings) which based on that performance, I did not agree he looked better than Price. If you did not want commentary, then why say anything??
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 03:42 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Then why did you bring him up?  normally track with you, but very confused. 

You made an observation, we responded to you observation (I even asked for PFF ratings) which based on that performance, I did not agree he looked better than Price. If you did not want commentary, then why say anything??

I brought him up because the OP asked. Your confusion aside. Where did I say I didn't want commentary?  I saw a center in Billy Price's draft class starting a NFL game and reflected back on both their short careers, combined that with the recent benching of Billy Price, and made an observation.

IMO my observation is more relevant than the whole Andy-Mitch back and forth that folks are gladly participating in. When did we ever have the opportunity to draft Mitch Trubisky? Perhaps spend time asking those folks why they are bringing it up; unless you have gladly participated in said back and forth. Hopefully you with track with me in the future.

Reply/Quote

They signed three quality free D agents and I think two of them are linebackers.

Why don't the Bengals ever sign high quality free agents in positions of need and why in the world did they not sign a quality LB last year.

Don't give me a salary cap argument since the Packers are dealing with the impact of Rodgers salary.

They're a 3-4, we're a 4-3.

We don't need DEs, as even our backups (Lawson, Wynn) are a wash with the Smiths (seriously, project Wynn's rushing stats over 800 snaps; inline with the best of them).

I totally get your angle and agree, but that's not an apt comparison.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
What I learned was I should have started Dalton and benched Rogers. now I need too hope for 40 plus out of Mayfield too make up for it
Reply/Quote
I learned that every game review will bring out the Dalton haters.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 09:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: We should have taken Daniels over Price

We should have put a muzzle on Lapham talking up the Bengals taking Ragnow everyday for a month before the draft which caused DET to take him the pick before us.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 01:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: From 2011 through 2018 the Browns pass defense was top half of the league (16th) in fewest passing yards allowed and 19th in pass efficiency rating.  Not even close to the worst of the worst.  Meanwhile our other two AFCN opponents rank in the top ten in both passing yards allowed (Pitt 5th, Bal 8th) and pass efficiency(Bal 4th, Pitt 10th).

Sad how delusional the Andy haters are.  They are so desperate they make stuff up in their heads and pretend it is true.

Well, I guess that makes the 2.0 game a little better doesn’t it!

Anyway, for the millionth time, I DO NOT HATE ANDY DALTON. Should I put it in a sig for you and the rest of the “squealers” to make that perfectly clear? Believe it or not, there’s actually a middle ground between having his poster above my bed and sleeping in his jersey at night, and thinking he’s worse than Aids...

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 10:11 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is a message board where fans post opinions????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Wink

Fans may post only opinions that most agree or the opinions the unofficial influencers agree. 

Some select fans are allowed to post dissenting opinions on an ongoing basis to antagonize others; which allows him or her or them (whatever pronoun applies) to vent pent up frustrations (sexual or otherwise) at the expense of others.  This has been a public announcement.  
Popcorn
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote

Because winning isn’t a priority here. As long as they are competitive why spend more money.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 09:53 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Bears took it another level, I don't think one starter on offense played even one snap.

Nagy was too cautious in preseason and it cost him a crucial home division win against a rival.

Our fans would asking for his head on a platter (if ML had done it) for old coach, but our new coach would get a ZT needs to learn or some other excuse for a poor coaching decision by majority of fans in this forum.

The Bears vaulted the Packers into their season.  The new guys the Pack had on defense paid off immediately.  You know as long as Rodgers  is your QB that you will be sure to score points.  Can the Bears say the same thing?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote