Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Things I would tell the team before the game, if I am coach:
1.) If TWATT (great nickname...pronounced TWAT, all credit to Nate the Great, formerly Eliminate) doesn't rush, attack him and knock him on his ass the second he jumps to try and bat down (or pick) a pass.

2.) Trent Taylor- If you get the ball on ANYTHING. A PR, a sweep, secure that F'n ball. They know you fumble and will be throwing punches at it all day.

3.) Offensive line: Hold over allow a direct shot. The steelers aren't flagged for it, ever, so maybe the refs will get confused and not throw a flag on you either.

4.) Treat any pass that is not clearly a forward pass as a trick play. Stay disciplined. Omar Epps has beaten Cincy defenses with this more times than I can count.

5.) Attitude- Come out of the tunnel and right from the first snap, treat them like you caught them screwing your wife, beating your kids, and stealing from your parents. I want them to feel your hatred for the rest of the season and be terrified of playing you next year.

That is all for me. Care to add anything? Oh, I should mention: Be sure to wash very well after the game. You don't want to catch anything.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Expect! The unexpected!
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Go into it like we are the underdogs.....even though they will cheap shot the hell out of us, try not to react....that's who always gets the flag. Stay disciplined.....don't lose your head.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 11:06 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: 1.) If TWATT (great nickname...pronounced TWAT, all credit to Nate the Great, formerly Eliminate) doesn't rush, attack him and knock him on his ass the second he jumps to try and bat down (or pick) a pass.  

2.) Trent Taylor-  If you get the ball on ANYTHING.  A PR, a sweep, secure that F'n ball.  They know you fumble and will be throwing punches at it all day.

3.) Offensive line:  Hold over allow a direct shot.  The steelers aren't flagged for it, ever, so maybe the refs will get confused and not throw a flag on you either.

4.) Treat any pass that is not clearly a forward pass as a trick play.  Stay disciplined.  Omar Epps has beaten Cincy defenses with this more times than I can count.

5.) Attitude-  Come out of the tunnel and right from the first snap, treat them like you caught them screwing your wife, beating your kids, and stealing from your parents.  I want them to feel your hatred for the rest of the season and be terrified of playing you next year.  

That is all for me.  Care to add anything?  Oh, I should mention:  Be sure to wash very well after the game.  You don't want to catch anything.

Touching on the bolded, this is another thing that seems true but isn't anywhere close to being true. Hell, as I sit here and think about it, I struggle to remember many holding calls against the Steelers as well. However, since 1999, they have received the 7th most penalties in the league for offensive holding with 490. 

Overall, the focus should be on Watt. He is truly a HoF caliber pass rusher and can wreck an entire game by himself. Stay balanced and patient. Secure the ball. Don't get greedy down the field. Cincinnati is the better team here. 
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 11:10 AM)SladeX Wrote: Expect! The unexpected!

Fat Jen coming out of retirement?  I can dream.  That last game against them was one of the happiest days of my life.  Fat Pig. 
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 11:28 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Touching on the bolded, this is another thing that seems true but isn't anywhere close to being true. Hell, as I sit here and think about it, I struggle to remember many holding calls against the Steelers as well. However, since 1999, they have received the 7th most penalties in the league for offensive holding with 490. 

Overall, the focus should be on Watt. He is truly a HoF caliber pass rusher and can wreck an entire game by himself. Stay balanced and patient. Secure the ball. Don't get greedy down the field. Cincinnati is the better team here. 

Since 1999?  Killing me Goose.  How about a relevant number, like, the most recent five years?  And it isn't that they never get flagged, but they literally do it every play, egregiously.  It is their MO.  I remember a guy made a vine of 17 BLATANT BEAR HUG FROM BEHIND holds against Cincy in a single game, and then showed one where Whit, of all people, barely yanked at a guy and was flagged. 

Sorry dude, no one got more calls than the devil's team, until the devil ran in to the corporate ESPN team, the Patriots.  
Reply/Quote
Alright men, today's message is pretty clear. Go out there and play YOUR game. We've been here before, we know how they operate; We know they like to get inside their opponents heads to throw them off of their game. So in conclusion, stay focused and execute YOUR game plan, Bengals Football.

In a side huddle with the OL... Fellas, you've come such a long way since that first game of the season, the first time the 5 of you came together on the field of battle. They took advantage of your unfamiliarity with one another, exploited your newness, and ruined our Home Opener. We owe them one. Now, let's go out there and show them who you REALLY are!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 11:15 AM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: Go into it like we are the underdogs.....even though they will cheap shot the hell out of us, try not to react....that's who always gets the flag.  Stay disciplined.....don't lose your head.  But remove their heads from their body with legal, but impactful, hits.  

Fixed it for you
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 11:33 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Alright men, today's message is pretty clear.  Go out there and play YOUR game.  We've been here before, we know how they operate; We know they like to get inside their opponents heads to throw them off of their game. So in conclusion, stay focused and execute YOUR game plan, Bengals Football.

In a side huddle with the OL...  Fellas, you've come such a long way since that first game of the season, the first time the 5 of you came together on the field of battle.  They took advantage of your unfamiliarity with one another, exploited your newness, and ruined our Home Opener.  We owe them one.  Now, let's go out there and show them who you REALLY are! And knock their dicks in the dirt! (legally)

Fixed yours as well...
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 11:32 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Since 1999?  Killing me Goose.  How about a relevant number, like, the most recent five years?  And it isn't that they never get flagged, but they literally do it every play, egregiously.  It is their MO.  I remember a guy made a vine of 17 BLATANT BEAR HUG FROM BEHIND holds against Cincy in a single game, and then showed one where Whit, of all people, barely yanked at a guy and was flagged. 

Sorry dude, no one got more calls than the devil's team, until the devil ran in to the corporate ESPN team, the Patriots.  

Yeah, I thought about that after I posted it. I did 1999 because....well, that's as far as the data goes LOL. More relevant is the below...

Since 2010 - 7th most offensive holding penalties (Cinci is 16th)

Last five years - 16th most offensive holding penalties (Cinci is 26th)

Overall, Pitt is the 4th most flagged team in the last five years. Cinci is 13th. NE is 24th. 
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 11:36 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, I thought about that after I posted it. I did 1999 because....well, that's as far as the data goes LOL. More relevant is the below...

Overall, Pitt is the 4th most flagged team in the last five years. Cinci is 13th. NE is 24th. 

I mean, Minkah should have been flagged for his hit on Tee, of course, right?  That's a penalty, but when it comes to getting away with holds, they do it like no one else.  
Reply/Quote
Just win baby, just win.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 11:10 AM)SladeX Wrote: Expect! The unexpected!

But ... then it's no longer the UNexpected. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
This is a statement game boys and my advice to you would be

Grab them by the throat right out of the gate and beat the snot out of them until the final horn sounds.

Then kick them a couple times as you walk away while twirling a urine yellow flag in the air at their fans mass exodus.

Then shower immediately so you don't catch any STD's

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I would lock them in a room and make them watch this for 2 hours straight .

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 11:36 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, I thought about that after I posted it. I did 1999 because....well, that's as far as the data goes LOL. More relevant is the below...

I think, though, since Zac took over the Bengals are one of the least penalized teams.

I would tell them that the good guys wearing all white beating the bad guys wearing all black doesn't only happen in old westerns.  It happens in Pittsburgh, PA in 2022 too.  Steelers are countering our color rush uniforms with their color rush uniforms

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Adapt.
If something isn't working after a handful of attempts, change to something else.
Don't keep doing the same strategy expecting different results.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Stomp a mud hole in their ass
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 11:32 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Since 1999?  Killing me Goose.  How about a relevant number, like, the most recent five years?  And it isn't that they never get flagged, but they literally do it every play, egregiously.  It is their MO.  I remember a guy made a vine of 17 BLATANT BEAR HUG FROM BEHIND holds against Cincy in a single game, and then showed one where Whit, of all people, barely yanked at a guy and was flagged. 

I've seen it or one similar to it. And the point that goose is missing, yes they've been flagged for 400 whatever? holding penalties. But could have been called for 400 more. I remember a game when Geno was held up more than a liquor store in the hood. Jersey stretched out 3 feet and nothing from the refs.
Reply/Quote
Will say that being the white color rush uniforms can only be worn on a limited basis, they should only be worn at home to pump up our fans and never in dirty cities like pittsburgh. .

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote