Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Things I would tell the team before the game, if I am coach:
(11-19-2022, 11:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Is 1999 how far back they track the penalties? I just find it interesting that you went back that far (before some teams even existed), because the last 10 seasons they've been...

6-t 17th (only 10 teams with less)
2-t 24th
7-t 10th
2-t 25th
3-t 17th
2-t 12th
4-t 10th
2-t 23rd
32nd
5-t 15th

They just blatantly hold more than anyone else, and aren't penalized anywhere near the proper amount. Much like the Legion of Boom and DPI/Illegal Contact/D Holding, they know if they do it every single play the refs won't call it every single play and it'll just become the norm and their "style" of football.

Yes. In one of my posts after that original post, I mentioned that 1999 is as far back as my database goes. I posted their ranking since 2010 and the last five years, I think.
Reply/Quote
I’d have a designed quick pump fake or two to Watt’s side to get him up in the air and then block AKA undercut the shit out of him.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 12:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I would lock them in a room and make them watch this for 2 hours straight .

wow, that's sad, what season was this, or our final record at least.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2022, 09:48 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: wow, that's sad, what season was this, or our final record at least.

Week 1 of the 2013 season. Lost 24-21, but went 11-5. 
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 01:44 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Stomp a mud hole in their ass

That sums it up nicely.  Pitt Sux
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2022, 09:36 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I’d have a designed quick pump fake or two to Watt’s side to get him up in the air and then block AKA undercut the shit out of him.

I like it.  And this isn't dirty, it is making a player pay for leaving their feet.  And he does it all the time.  Pretty obvious.  When he isn't attacking the edge, he is trying to time his jump.  Collins needs to go after him when this happens and pop him.  

I haven't liked Watt since his early entanglement with Burrow, and even less after the pick six hit.  F* him and the horse he rode in on.  Pummel him, Collins.  
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 02:30 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Will say that being the white color rush uniforms can only be worn on a limited basis,  they should only be worn at home to pump up our fans and never in dirty cities like pittsburgh. .

Completely agree with this, unless the team somehow feels tougher with the all-whites, then this is the perfect game to wear them, but I really doubt that.  I sure like the look of them, though.  
Reply/Quote
The coaches need to work with Burrow on releasing the ball at a higher point or putting more of an arch on throws or maybe not stare down his target to stop all the tipped passes over the middle of the field on shorter throws.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 12:07 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: The coaches need to work with Burrow on releasing the ball at a higher point or putting more of an arch on throws or maybe not stare down his target to stop all the tipped passes over the middle of the field on shorter throws.

I think it is one of two things:  The offensive line retreats so deep in pass pro that it makes the opponent that much closer to Burrow.  His pockets just still don't look like what I saw at KC/LA last night.  Second, Burrow's drops are not deep enough.  It isn't so much staring down his target as it is that he is having to get the ball out so quick, the defensive line (unless it is an off-schedule down and distance) knows they can't get there so they just time their jump.  Burrow delivers the ball higher than a lot of QBs, especially with so many in love with different arm angles that make it look like sidearm.  

Frankly, our defensive line coach really needs to get after guys on the point of batting balls when you can't get there.  

Edit:  And good to hear from you, Bong!  Been a while. 
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 12:07 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: The coaches need to work with Burrow on releasing the ball at a higher point or putting more of an arch on throws or maybe not stare down his target to stop all the tipped passes over the middle of the field on shorter throws.

Burrow releases the ball at a very high point, that isn't the problem. Burrow needs to drop back further and when Ends
like Twatt are trying to time their jump Burrow needs to use a pump fake once in a while. It can be fixed. But yes, this 
needs to be addressed, those 2 plays pretty much kept the bastids in the game.

(11-21-2022, 11:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think it is one of two things:  The offensive line retreats so deep in pass pro that it makes the opponent that much closer to Burrow.  His pockets just still don't look like what I saw at KC/LA last night.  Second, Burrow's drops are not deep enough.  It isn't so much staring down his target as it is that he is having to get the ball out so quick, the defensive line (unless it is an off-schedule down and distance) knows they can't get there so they just time their jump.  Burrow delivers the ball higher than a lot of QBs, especially with so many in love with different arm angles that make it look like sidearm.  

Frankly, our defensive line coach really needs to get after guys on the point of batting balls when you can't get there.  

Yeah, agree with all of this as usual SHRacer. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 03:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Burrow releases the ball at a very high point, that isn't the problem. Burrow needs to drop back further and when Ends
like Twatt are trying to time their jump Burrow needs to use a pump fake once in a while. It can be fixed. But yes, this 
needs to be addressed, those 2 plays pretty much kept the bastids in the game.

Yeah, agree with all of this as usual SHRacer. Smirk
This could help him as well I do not remember many pump fakes from Joe.

As far as Watt's int that was pure luck Collins was in his chest pushing him backwards as he was falling backwards Burrow gave him a Christmas present. It was on Joe and by his reaction I think he knew it.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 11:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think it is one of two things:  The offensive line retreats so deep in pass pro that it makes the opponent that much closer to Burrow.  His pockets just still don't look like what I saw at KC/LA last night.  Second, Burrow's drops are not deep enough.  It isn't so much staring down his target as it is that he is having to get the ball out so quick, the defensive line (unless it is an off-schedule down and distance) knows they can't get there so they just time their jump.  Burrow delivers the ball higher than a lot of QBs, especially with so many in love with different arm angles that make it look like sidearm.  

If they can clean that part up some, we get that much better. You got to expect one or two tips a game just think we have a few too many for whatever reason.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 08:43 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: This could help him as well I do not remember many pump fakes from Joe.

As far as Watt's int that was pure luck Collins was in his chest pushing him backwards as he was falling backwards Burrow gave him a Christmas present. It was on Joe and by his reaction I think he knew it.

I don't remember many pump fakes at all with Joe, small hands you know lol

Great play by Twatt though, there probably isn't a D-lineman in the NFL right now that can make that INT.

(11-21-2022, 08:50 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: If they can clean that part up some, we get that much better. You got to expect one or two tips a game just think we have a few too many for whatever reason.

Way too many, need to clean this part of the passing game up if we are going to play like this the rest of the season.

We are an Offense that likes to use the passing game as an extension of the running game when Burrow is calling the plays.

It's all good as long as we win, I don't care. Smirk
Reply/Quote
Adam Jones said it on a podcast, and I was thinking it before he said it. The QB of the defense needs to get the young guys {CTB} lined up in the right spots. Jessie Bates needs to get these guys in the right spot in the secondary.

Any defenders really Apple looked unsure at times as well.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 06:54 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Adam Jones said it on a podcast, and I was thinking it before he said it. The QB of the defense needs to get the young guys {CTB} lined up in the right spots. Jessie Bates needs to get these guys in the right spot in the secondary.

Any defenders really Apple looked unsure at times as well.

Is Bates the QB of the Secondary or Bell? I know Chido is working with CTB on the sideline.
Reply/Quote