Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Things Trump says...
So it's raining on the President's golf vacation...what's a guy to do?

First: Talk about how great you are REALLY doing despite the "fake news".

[Image: rainday1.jpg]

Then right after you talk about the all the meetings and hard work you are doing...you watch CNN and complain like an old man yelling at his television during a wrestling match.

[Image: rainday2.jpg]

And just to show you can never let anything go, six hours later you retweet yourself:

[Image: rainday3.jpg]

Although I'd go easy on calling out actual heroes.

[Image: image9.jpeg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Gotta say, I don't disagree with Trump on this. I think Trump has zero knowledge about how government functions and I think that in general his expectations are unrealistic and fantastical, but I'm in the camp that after hearing "repeal and replace" for seven years, they should have been ready for this right out of the gate.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/08/09/trump-takes-issue-with-mcconnells-accusation-that-he-had-excessive-expectations-for-congress/?tid=sm_fb&utm_term=.b4915cb95588

"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-09-2017, 04:40 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Gotta say, I don't disagree with Trump on this. I think Trump has zero knowledge about how government functions and I think that in general his expectations are unrealistic and fantastical, but I'm in the camp that after hearing "repeal and replace" for seven years, they should have been ready for this right out of the gate.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/08/09/trump-takes-issue-with-mcconnells-accusation-that-he-had-excessive-expectations-for-congress/?tid=sm_fb&utm_term=.b4915cb95588

I agree with you. However, after campaigning on repeal and replace and complaining for years about Obamacare, Trump should have had some semblance of plan to replace Obamacare himself. He didn't. After all, he claimed repeal and replace on Day 1. Replace with what? Donald didn't and still doesn't have a plan, either. Eight months in to his presidency and he is still relying on other politicians to come up sleigh a plan he has failed to produce. He has totally passed the buck onto Ryan and McConnell and is no blaming them for not having a plan when he doesn't have a plan, either. The plan they have come up with is actually worse than Obamacare. That's why they can't get the votes. It's not because of a deep state of obstructionists. It's because their plan is f'n awful.

Blaming others for one's own failures is the worst kind of leadership which is exactly the type of leadership Trump is displaying right now. Publicly ridiculing Ryan and McConnell isn't going to help them or Trump to repeal and replace Obamacare. It only further weakens their position to get the votes necessary to pass their gawd awful proposal.
(08-10-2017, 12:00 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I agree with you. However, after campaigning on repeal and replace and complaining for years about Obamacare, Trump should have had some semblance of plan to replace Obamacare himself.  He didn't. After all, he claimed repeal and replace on Day 1. Replace with what?  Donald didn't and still doesn't have a plan, either. Eight months in to his presidency and he is still relying on other politicians to come up sleigh a plan he has failed to produce. He has totally passed the buck onto Ryan and McConnell and is no blaming them for not having a plan when he doesn't have a plan, either. The plan they have come up with is actually worse than Obamacare. That's why they can't get the votes. It's not because of a deep state of obstructionists. It's because their plan is f'n awful.

Blaming others for one's own failures is the worst kind of leadership which is exactly the type of leadership Trump is displaying right now. Publicly ridiculing Ryan and McConnell isn't going to help them or Trump to repeal and replace Obamacare. It only further weakens their position to get the votes necessary to pass their gawd awful proposal.
I don't know about this. Drumph has no idea about Obama care. He didn't while campaigning and he doesn't now. He was given catch phrases , (repel & replace, build that wall , lock her up, etc.) and just kept repeating them over and over. Print some hats up. Drumph made the other 16 candidates in the primary look like weak asses. They couldn't attack back about his voting record because he had none. It was the perfect storm. Drumph is right about one thing. The fact that the right wingnut old white men in congress led by the frogman who whined and bellyached about Obamacare for years but when their turn came to finally do something about it they were clueless. This should demonstrate what a pathetic party the Repubs have become led by their special needs president.
(08-10-2017, 12:00 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I agree with you. However, after campaigning on repeal and replace and complaining for years about Obamacare, Trump should have had some semblance of plan to replace Obamacare himself. He didn't. After all, he claimed repeal and replace on Day 1. Replace with what? Donald didn't and still doesn't have a plan, either. Eight months in to his presidency and he is still relying on other politicians to come up sleigh a plan he has failed to produce. He has totally passed the buck onto Ryan and McConnell and is no blaming them for not having a plan when he doesn't have a plan, either. The plan they have come up with is actually worse than Obamacare. That's why they can't get the votes. It's not because of a deep state of obstructionists. It's because their plan is f'n awful.

I see this more as a failure of the legislature than Trump. Yeah, Trump has no clue about any of this and he talked a big talk without anything to back it up, which means he definitely deserves ridicule, but the failure of a health care policy lies at the feet of Congress. Trump hasn't been in those meetings for seven years talking about this. While we like to act like he is the leader of the whole government, he isn't the head of the legislature.

Trump is a terrible leader, and he didn't help the situation at all, but the responsibility for this lays at the feet of Congress.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Just throwing this into the conversation to get Sen Turtleface's quote in context.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/08/10/donald-trump-tells-mitch-mcconnell-get-back-work-agenda/556244001/

Quote:President Trump wants Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and the rest of the GOP-majority Congress to “get back to work” on passing his agenda, an edict he issued amid his 17-day vacation at his golf club in New Jersey. 

Quote:[Image: kUuht00m_normal.jpg]Donald J. Trump 

@realDonaldTrump
Mitch, get back to work and put Repeal & Replace, Tax Reform & Cuts and a great Infrastructure Bill on my desk for signing. You can do it!
12:40 PM - Aug 10, 2017

Trump’s tweet is the third directed at McConnell in two days and follows one from his aide Dan Scavino Jr. accusing the Kentucky Republican of “more excuses” as to why the GOP-controlled Senate was not able to pass a repeal of Obamacare.

Earlier this week, McConnell blamed Trump's "excessive expectations" as the reason the GOP agenda was in limbo, an accusation that the president denied. 

“Part of the reason I think is that the storyline is that we haven’t done much is because, in part, the president and others have set these early timelines about things need to be done by a certain point,” McConnell said in Florence, Ky., on Tuesday. “Our new president has of course not been in this line of work before. And I think had excessive expectations about how quickly things happen in the Democratic process.”

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders confirmed a New York Timesreport that Trump and McConnell spoke by phone this week earlier this week. "Health care was certainly discussed,” she said, but she provided no further details.

The Senate broke for their monthlong recess after Republicans narrowly failed to repeal the Affordable Care Act late last month. Following the vote, McConnell said it was “time to move on” from their party-line repeal effort and look instead toward tax reform and other priorities.

The Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee announced it would be taking a bipartisan approach to attempt to stabilize markets in the short term to try to keep premiums from skyrocketing.  

But Trump and some conservatives are not ready to give up on repealing Obamacare, though it is not clear what the president has in mind for reviving the legislation. 

Details on how Congress plans to tackle tax reform remain vague, but a group of top GOP congressional leaders and administration officials released a joint statement late last month outlining their intent to move forward, which included a few key principles.

McConnell has also said that the Senate will use a legislative procedure for the tax bill that allows Republicans to pass a bill with a simple majority rather than the 60 votes normally required. Republicans hold a narrow majority in the Senate, 52-48, which theoretically gives them enough votes to pass legislation under these rules, but that did not prove to be enough on health care. 

Some skeptics wonder whether there will be enough time to come to an agreement on major legislation in the remaining days of the year. 

When lawmakers return to Washington next month, the Senate's legislative calendar has about 60 workdays slated for the rest of the year, and the first priority will likely be passing a spending bill to keep the government running after the current fiscal year expires Sept. 30.

And I think had excessive expectations about how quickly things happen in the Democratic process.” Is what he said.  I had not heard the quote in full but that actually makes sense.

All that said I agree the current GOP is inept and can't handle actually having to lead rather than just obstruct.
(08-10-2017, 03:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: Just throwing this into the conversation to get Sen Turtleface's quote in context.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/08/10/donald-trump-tells-mitch-mcconnell-get-back-work-agenda/556244001/

And I think had excessive expectations about how quickly things happen in the Democratic process.” Is what he said.  I had not heard the quote in full but that actually makes sense.

All that said I agree the current GOP is inept and can't handle actually having to lead rather than just obstruct.

I agree that the democratic process is a slower mover than most realize, but in this instance the GOP looks like the dog that caught the car.

(08-10-2017, 04:03 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I agree that the democratic process is a slower mover than most realize, but in this instance the GOP looks like the dog that caught the car.

I agree 100% with that.  

Just throwing the quote out because when I read Trump's response I had no context.  Seems like Trump was wrong and that he DOES have expectations that can't be met.  At least not at the pace he wants.
He thanked Putin for expelling US diplomats, because it decreased the payroll...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-diplomats-idUSKBN1AQ2IW

(08-10-2017, 04:03 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I agree that the democratic process is a slower mover than most realize, but in this instance the GOP looks like the dog that caught the car.

I think Trump's plan to pass a new plan was mainly hindered by their lack of a plan to pass rather than the democratic process used to pass their nonexistent plan.
(08-10-2017, 08:27 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: He thanked Putin for expelling US diplomats, because it decreased the payroll...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-diplomats-idUSKBN1AQ2IW

Good to know where Trump gets his marching orders.
(08-11-2017, 12:42 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Good to know where Trump gets his marching orders.

What's funny, to me anyway, is that didn't decrease the payroll. They still remain State Department employees. Another example of Trump have zero knowledge of how his government works.

Can someone trumpsplain that one?

[Image: trump.jpg]

- Why is he retweeting this? Does he think "fascist" is a compliment?

(....aaaand it's gone. Someone must have told him.)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-15-2017, 09:01 AM)hollodero Wrote: Can someone trumpsplain that one?

[Image: trump.jpg]

- Why is he retweeting this? Does he think "fascist" is a compliment?

(....aaaand it's gone. Someone must have told him.)

Oh that is precious!   Hilarious
(08-11-2017, 08:55 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: What's funny, to me anyway, is that didn't decrease the payroll. They still remain State Department employees. Another example of Trump have zero knowledge of how his government works.

I thought the exact same thing.
http://crooksandliars.com/2017/08/donald-trump-having-bad-twitter-day

[/url]
Quote:Donald Trump Is Having A Bad Twitter Day

You know how sometimes after being away for a long vacation you need a day or two to get back in the right mindset at work? Donald Trump seems to be having that same difficulty at his job - Tweeter in Chief.

Take, for example, his insane tweets yesterday, attacking the CEO of Merck who left his advisory board after he gave the *wink wink, nod nod* to White Supremacists:
Quote:

Follow
[Image: kUuht00m_normal.jpg]Donald J. Trump 

@realDonaldTrump
Now that Ken Frazier of Merck Pharma has resigned from President's Manufacturing Council,he will have more time to LOWER RIPOFF DRUG PRICES!
8:54 AM - Aug 14, 2017

FYI, later in the day both Under Armour and Intel pulled out as well. Not a peep. Guess the difference? CEO of Merck is black, CEO's of Under Armour and Intel are white.
Moving on...

Early this morning, Trump retweeted whackadoodle conspiracy theorist who pushed Pizzagate, Jack Posobiec

[Image: DHPfMwwW0AArBF9.jpg:small][Image: DHPfMwoXkAAiQV5.jpg:small][Image: DHPfMw3XYAAWT4p.jpg:small][Image: DHPfMxAWAAEe_bU.jpg:small]

Quote: Follow
[Image: Christina_Wilkie_photo-2_normal.jpg]Christina Wilkie 

@christinawilkie
Trump just retweeted a story from Jack Posobiec, an alt-right hero who tweets things like this:
11:57 PM - Aug 14, 2017

It's down now.

Next...

Trump retweeted an image of CNN being hit (and probably killed) by a train bearing the colors of the Russian flag. I am not joking. The tweet says: "Nothing can stop the #TrumpTrain!!"

View image on Twitter
[Image: DHREF-DXcAAQsCp.jpg:small]

Quote: Follow
[Image: OCkVQdGe_normal.jpg]Brian Klaas 

@brianklaas
Trump just re-tweeted this image, of a CNN journalist being killed, run over by a train 3 days after a woman was killed, run over by a car.
7:18 AM - Aug 15, 2017

The White House put out a statement saying that the tweet was "inadvertently posted and as soon it was noticed it was immediately deleted." In other words, John Kelly saw it, called Trump and said "Delete this right now or you don't get 2 scoops of ice cream tonight, Donnie."

And finally....

Trump retweeted Mike Holden who called the president a "fascist" in response to news that Trump may pardon Joe Arpaio for his violation of Federal laws regarding racial profiling.

View image on Twitter
[Image: DHRDBRJWsAAk450.jpg:small]

Quote:

[url=https://twitter.com/MikeHolden42] Follow
[Image: VkcVmHff_normal.jpg]Mike Holden @MikeHolden42
I'm announcing my retirement from Twitter. I'll never top this RT.
7:13 AM - Aug 15, 2017

Talk about odd. I guess some could say this was the twitter equivalent of a Freudian slip, eh?

Holden was probably shocked by the retweet and has changed his bio to read: "Officially Endorsed by the President of the United States. I wish that were a good thing."

Reminder, this post is being written at 10:30 am on Tuesday.
i just cant anymore
People suck

Mellow

Smirk
(08-16-2017, 03:01 PM)GMDino Wrote:
Mellow

Smirk

loool... you can't quit. You're fired!
(08-16-2017, 03:01 PM)GMDino Wrote:
Mellow

Smirk

Has he tweeted anything towards the family of the young woman that was killed Saturday? Even Pence today down in Chili in South America sounded 100 times more Presidential in addressing her memorial than his boss has done. Granted that isnt hard to do by anyone, but CNN showed him speaking a bit ago down there, and that is what I would expect a modern day President to say.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V