Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Things Trump says...
(10-27-2017, 02:53 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: https://www.redstate.com/jimjamitis/2017/10/27/1992-letter-editor-trumps-secretary-hilariously-embarrassing/

Hilarious
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

"statistically"
Golden oldie...

Quote:Trump: "I'm the only one who matters"

[/url]
[url=http://www.cnn.com/shows/cnn-tonight]
President Trump discusses the empty positions in the State Department in a Fox News interview.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/11/03/trump-im-only-one-that-matters-fox-sot.cnn

Video at the link.
In a now deleted Tweet, Trump wished condolences for Sutherland Springs, Texas for their mass shooting yesterday... the FBI are on the scene, he said.

I think he meant Rancho Tehama, California
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-15-2017, 11:41 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: In a now deleted Tweet, Trump wished condolences for Sutherland Springs, Texas for their mass shooting yesterday... the FBI are on the scene, he said.

I think he meant  Rancho Tehama, California

They finally deleted it?

I took a screenshot of it this morning when I shared it to the Next Mass Shooting thread.

Mellow
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-organization-one-tenth-value_us_5a10ea53e4b045cf4371dfde?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Quote:Trump Family Business Is Way Smaller Than The President Has Touted

Donald Trump has an inflated view of his assets. The president’s family business is worth about one-tenth of the value he has claimed, according to an analysis of the latest figures he has filed with the federal government.

Some of the discrepancy is due to a downturn in business, but the rest is credited to an overheated imagination, according to Crain’s New York Business reporter Aaron Elstein, who examined the numbers.

Elstein told NPR he feels a bit like he was played.

In 2016 the Trump Organization reported nearly $9.5 billion in sales. But recent public filings by the president indicate that the company’s actual revenue that year was only as much as $700 million, Crain’s said.

Crain’s determined Trump has been reporting inflated revenue since at least 2010. After examining the latest figures Trump has filed, Crain’s this month bounced the Trump Organization from the No. 3 spot on its list of largest privately held New York City companies down to No. 40.

“It was obviously very important to Donald to have his company on the top of the list ... but the numbers that he presented are just flagrantly untrue,” Elstein told NPR. Crain’s said the $9.5 billion in revenue looks “preposterous in light of federal filings made by the president in the past year.”  

Trump’s properties aren’t doing so well, even though it’s “halcyon days” for real estate developers, according to Crain’s. Not only are the Trump Organization’s plans to develop a Scion hotel in Manhattan apparently dead in the water,  but “prices are slumping for condos at Trump Tower and the Trump International Hotel and Tower,” Crain’s said.

The average price per square foot for condos at Trump Tower has fallen by 23 percent since 2015, The Wall Street Journal reported, while prices at other midtown developments have remained steady. At Trump’s International Hotel and Tower on Central Park, the average price per square foot is down 24 percent.

And revenue is down on the Trump Golf Links at Ferry Point in the Bronx, falling by more than $1.1 million in the past two years, to $5.7 million, Crain’s reported.

Trump also toppled on another list, down an astonishing 92 places (to No. 248), in Forbes’ rankings of richest men in America. But Trump remains a billionaire on the Forbes list, where he clocks in at $3.1 billion in total assets. He also took a dive on Bloomberg’s Billionaires index, but is credited with still having a total $2.9 billion in assets, as far as Bloomberg knows.

In 2015 Trump boasted: “My massive net worth is in excess of $10 billion.” 

Net worth is a subjective “feeling,” Trump said in a 2006 deposition when he sued author Timothy O’Brien, who wrote Trump Nation, a book that was critical of him. “My net worth fluctuates, and it goes up and down with markets and with attitudes and with feelings, even my own feelings,” he said then.

Since Trump hasn’t released his tax returns, as presidents typically do, his income and information about holdings is murky.

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington
 is currently suing Trump for failing to put his business interests into a blind trust.
In all honesty this is actually kinda funny.  If I believed the POTUS had a legit sense of humor I'd like it more. 

I just wonder if Obama gets charged rent for living in Trump's head?  Smirk

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/361382-trump-takes-dig-at-obama-during-turkey-pardon

Quote:President Trump says that while he's been "very active" in overturning Obama-era policies, revoking turkey pardons won't be among them.

"As many of you know, I've been very active in overturning a number of executive actions by my predecessor," Trump said as he participated in his first turkey pardoning ceremony on Tuesday in the Rose Garden.

"However, I have been informed by the White House counsel's office that Tater and Tot's pardons cannot, under any circumstances, be revoked," he added, referring to the turkeys pardoned by former President Barack Obama last year.

"So we're not going to revoke them. So Tater and Tot: You can rest easy.”

Introducing the two turkeys picked for this year's ceremony, Wishbone and Drumstick, Trump told the crowd, "Over the past 10 months, Melania and I have had the pleasure of welcoming many, many special visitors to the great White House."

"We've hosted dozens of incredible world leaders, members of Congress, and along the way, a few very strange birds," he continued. "But we have yet to receive any visitors quite like our magnificent guest of honor today, Drumstick."

While it was Trump's inaugural turkey pardon as commander in chief, the tradition of a president giving the feathered creatures a Thanksgiving reprieve was started by former President George H.W. Bush in 1989, according to the White House Historical Association, though it began as far back as the administration of Abraham Lincoln.

The National Turkey Federation first presented a turkey to President Harry Truman in 1947, making this year the 70th anniversary of the Thanksgiving ritual.

Following their time in the spotlight at the White House, this year’s Minnesota-raised birds will head to the “Gobblers Rest” exhibit at Virginia Tech, where they'll be cared for by students and veterinarians.

Tater and Tot currently reside on the Blacksburg campus.

Although Drumstick was chosen as the 2017 National Thanksgiving Turkey via an online vote, both birds will live out their days in Virginia. 

According to the White House, the 47-pound turkey's favorite band is Journey and it has a "tall and proud" strut style.

"Drumstick I think is going to be very, very happy," Trump said, adding the turkey has a "very bright future ahead of him."

Trump continued to smile and pose for photos with wife Melania and their son Barron as someone in the press area was heard shouting, "Will you pardon any people?" following the ceremony.

Trump's 24-year-old daughter, Tiffany, was spotted sitting in the audience at the annual event. Older daughter and White House adviser Ivanka Trump was eyed along with her 6-year-old daughter, Arabella, as they approached the turkeys after the pardoning ceremony.
I'm not even surprised anymore.  Not by him.  Not by what he says or when he says it.  Not even by the people who still support him and are unashamed of the moron.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/11/27/trump-calls-elizabeth-warren-pocahontas-while-hosting-native-american-war-heroes-event/898815001/

Quote:Trump calls Elizabeth Warren 'Pocahontas' while hosting Native American vets event

President Trump couldn't resist using his old nickname for Sen. Elizabeth Warren — "Pocahontas" — even at an event honoring Native American war heroes.

At what was supposed to be a simple ceremony, Trump stood in front of a painting of President Andrew Jackson, who signed the Indian Removal Act, with elderly veterans of the Navajo tribe.

He didn't end up giving a speech to honor the Code Talkers, implying that earlier remarks had already covered it all. But he did have time for his quip about the Massachusetts Democrat.

"You were here long before any of us were here," the president told the veterans. "Although we have a representative in Congress who they say was here a long time ago. They call her Pocahontas." 

An awkward silence, unsurprisingly, followed. 

[Image: 636473990531439338-AP-TRUMP-95629811.JPG]
President Donald Trump, standing left, holds up the card of Navajo Code Talker Thomas Begay, center, during their meeting in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington, Monday, Nov. 27, 2017. (Photo: Susan Walsh, AP)

Trump has frequently called Warren – who claims to have Native American heritage and has faced criticism for those claims – by the name Pocahontas, a reference to the daughter of a Native American chief in the 17th century.

Yet the formal setting for the unscripted jab drew immediate backlash, including Warren, who called the latest quip "deeply unfortunate." 

The comment came during an event honoring the contributions of the Native American Code Talkers, who served with the Marine Corps during World War II. The Code Talkers used their native language to share coded messages at a time when the U.S. military desperately needed a code that the Japanese could not crack.

[/url]

'Code Talker' shares his WWII secrets

"This was supposed to be an event to honor heroes, people who put it all on the line for our country, and people, who because of their incredible work, saved the lives of countless Americans and our allies," Warren said. "It is deeply unfortunate that the president of the United States cannot even make it through a
ceremony honoring these heroes without having to throw out a racial slur."

Sen. Ed Markey, Warren's fellow Democrat from Massachusetts, also described the president's words as a slur.

"What @realDonaldTrump said about my partner @SenWarren is a slur. It disparages the Native American war heroes, standing right beside the President, who risked their lives to protect his right to make such a disgusting comment," he said in a tweet.

Quote:[Image: Ff5dlbMr_normal.jpg]Ed Markey

@SenMarkey

What @realDonaldTrump said about my partner @SenWarren is a slur. It disparages the Native American war heroes, standing right beside the President, who risked their lives to protect his right to make such a disgusting comment.
3:13 PM - Nov 27, 2017

Navajo Nation President Russell Begaye said in a statement that he didn't want to engage in the feud between Warren and Trump. But he acknowledged that "all tribal nations still battle insensitive references to our people."

"The prejudice that Native American people face is an unfortunate historical legacy," he said.

Social media users were quick to point out the exchange happened right underneath a portrait of President Jackson, who signed the Indian Removal Act in 1830. The act allowed the president to negotiate with tribes to grant unsettled lands west of the Mississippi River in exchange for Native American lands within state borders. The act led to the forced march of the Trail of Tears.

Quote:[Image: GdUMK5d5_normal.jpg]Ruth H. Hopkins@RuthHHopkins
Replying to @RuthHHopkins
Not to mention, these men are Navajo (Dine) and Pocahontas was from the Pamunkey tribe. Two entirely different Native nations.

Quote:[Image: GdUMK5d5_normal.jpg]Ruth H. Hopkins@RuthHHopkins

By the way, Trump is insulting these Native veterans in front of a portrait of Andrew Jackson, who was responsible for the deaths of thousands of Natives by way of the Indian Removal Act & the Trail of Tears. He & his men made horse reins from Native skin.
3:36 PM - Nov 27, 2017

Quote:[Image: ny06RNTT_normal.jpg]ABC News

@ABC
Pres. Trump at event honoring Native American code talkers: "We have a representative in Congress who they say was here a long time ago. They call her Pocahontas." http://abcn.ws/2k5QaR1 pic.twitter.com/SOGoXEIT6d

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/PollerPhoto][Image: R0N5mQ_H_normal.jpg]David Poller

@PollerPhoto

Also note they are in front of a portrait of Andrew Jackson, who signed the Indian Removal Act Of 1830, paving the way for the Trail Of Tears.
3:04 PM - Nov 27, 2017

In a press briefing after the event, White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders said Monday that Trump's use of the "Pocahontas" nickname in this setting was not meant as a racial slur. 

"What's offensive," Sanders said, is "Sen. Warren's lying about her heritage to advance her career."  She added that she didn't think it was appropriate for anyone to make racial slurs. 

"I think that Sen. Warren was very offensive when she lied about something specifically to advance her career," she said.

Trump's short remarks followed an introduction from Pete MacDonald, a WWII veteran and former chairman of the Navajo tribe. 

The president asserted that because MacDonald's speech was so good that he no longer had to make one himself.

"What I'm going to do is give you my speech, and I want you to hold that, and I know you like me so you'll keep it," he said, per pool reports.

Later, Trump patted the arm of one of the Navajo Code Talkers being honored.

"You know what? I like you, because you're special."

You can almost hear him talking to his closets, smartest adviser (himself): "You know, I'm gonna be around some Indians...I should mention Pocahontas. They'll love it. 'Cause their Indians."
(11-27-2017, 11:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm not even surprised anymore.  Not by him.  Not by what he says or when he says it.  Not even by the people who still support him and are unashamed of the moron.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/11/27/trump-calls-elizabeth-warren-pocahontas-while-hosting-native-american-war-heroes-event/898815001/

You can almost hear him talking to his closets, smartest adviser (himself): "You know, I'm gonna be around some Indians...I should mention Pocahontas. They'll love it. 'Cause their Indians."

Sigh...

After the speech at the Boy Scout jamboree it was fairly obvious that all bets were off. Nothing is sacred. I've read comments from a lot if people wondering if he does this on purpose. I guess they wonder, as I do, how someone so wealthy, and successful could be this big of a boob. I suppose it's a win that he didn't ask any of the honorees if they personally knew Pocahotas.

I haven't gone back and watched it a second time, but I've noticed it's been pointed out that all of this took place in front of a portrait of Andrew Jackson...

At the end of the day it doesn't matter though. This is just another fluff story about the socially awkward president.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(11-28-2017, 12:06 AM)jason Wrote: Sigh...

After the speech at the Boy Scout jamboree it was fairly obvious that all bets were off. Nothing is sacred. I've read comments from a lot if people wondering if he does this on purpose. I guess they wonder, as I do, how someone so wealthy, and successful could be this big of a boob. I suppose it's a win that he didn't ask any of the honorees if they personally knew Pocahotas.

I haven't gone back and watched it a second time, but I've noticed it's been pointed out that all of this took place in front of a portrait of Andrew Jackson...

At the end of the day it doesn't matter though. This is just another fluff story about the socially awkward president.

Well he is wealthy thanks to his dad and good timing.  Nothing says he has to be smart to have good investments.

However I disagree that he's just awkward...he's a moron.

He's the guy who thinks he smart (many people have told him) and everyone else is dumb.
Trump deleted this one a few hours later.

[Image: DPzlillXUAE6dAE.jpg]

Classy.  Very modern presidential.
(11-29-2017, 01:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: Trump deleted this one a few hours later.

[Image: DPzlillXUAE6dAE.jpg]

Classy.  Very modern presidential.

I wonder why he deleted it. It really doesn't matter though. Once you just "put it out there" it spreads like wild fire. I saw another tweet today where he basically did the same thing with the fella on the Morning Joe TV show.... Very bad ratings on that show you know.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Sanders wants Trump to keep a campaign promise...

[Image: calloutdjt.jpg]
https://nypost.com/2017/12/06/trump-confused-everyone-with-slurred-words-during-jerusalem-speech/

Quote:Trump confused everyone with slurred words during Jerusalem speech

President Trump provoked a Twitterstorm after his speech on Jerusalem Wednesday in which he appeared to be breathing heavily and slurring some of his words toward the end.

“God bless the United States,” he concluded, but the words “States” sounded as if he pronounced it “Shtates” — and scores of viewers noticed.

“Trump’s speech just slurred significantly at the end of the speech he just gave. Notice how he says ‘United States,’ but his words were thick before that,” wrote Jon Aravosis, a DC pundit.

“Aside from the constant sniffing, there was something seriously wrong with Trump’s speech and mouth during that #Jerusalem announcement. Major slurring. Weirder than usual I mean,” said Marcus Dysch, political editor of the Jewish Chronicle.

“Why is Trump slurring his speech?” wondered actress Mia Farrow.

“Am I dreaming or was Trump’s speech incredibly slurred?” added Zac Petkanas, a former aide to Hillary Clinton.

Others questioned whether the president was on medication — or if he had dentures that possibly came loose.

The White House did not immediately return a request for comment.
Should a man with about 20 sexual assault/harassment allegations against him throw in the phrase "and do anything for them"?

(12-12-2017, 11:37 AM)GMDino Wrote: Should a man with about 20 sexual assault/harassment allegations against him throw in the phrase "and do anything for them"?

Yeah, I know they will try to explain this away, but this could very well end up as a defamation case in itself. The reactions I am seeing to this are interesting.