Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things i want to see offensively vs the Colts.
1. Uptempo no huddle offense. all we heard months ago was a faster offense based on Chip Kellys approach.

2. Empty backfield more than once on 1st down.attack the Colts in their base defense

3. Andy not forcing the ball to AJ on 3rd down.
he has Malone Eifert Ross Boyd now.
if AJ is doubled logic dictates somebody is open.

4. move the chains any way you can.dont be obsessed with 50-50 run pass ratio like in the past.

5. 4th and 1 across midfield ....go for it.Im tired of field goals.
Reply/Quote
1. Feed AJ the ball, at least 15 targets , get the best player the ball.
2. More read option plays
3. Play field position, dont short side the field,
4. Two back sets with gio and Joe
5. Deep ball at least 4 in the game
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What I'd like to see....

Score TDs if you make into the red zone.

Keep the defenses guessing, offense should be dynamic with a variety of formations, WRs moving to different spots, etc.

I'd personally like to see Eifert and Ross play up to their talent level. If these two guys step it up, our offense will be unstoppable.

Can we finally have a consistent run game and Mixon go over 100 yards?!
Reply/Quote
Soften their Defense with passes to Boyd and TEs.. then go deep to AJ and Ross... similar to 2005.
Reply/Quote
How about some rushing plays that actually end up with positive yardage?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 11:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How about some rushing plays that actually end up with positive yardage?

Absolutely! I don’t want to see Cincinnati become a one-dimensional pass first offense. As Vince Lombardi once said, “When you pass three things can happen and two of them are bad.”
Reply/Quote
Well.....

#1: Actual pass blocking. I want to see us continue our preseason work and give Andy an actual pocket to operate in.

$2: Legit run game; but more importantly

#3: Score TDs. I don't care if they are by pass or run I want us finishing drives properly.
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see a different team on the field, to follow suit from the different front office moves that were made during the offseason; not the same old team that starts with big expectations only to come out flat, turn the ball over, not be able to run against an opponent that they should be able to run on and not be able to sack the QB several times when they should be able to sack him.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping we actually see some semblance of a running game.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
If Tate suits up, though I doubt he does, I'd like to see him in Red Zone packages. And, of course, love to see him get a score.

Spread the ball
AJ 10 - 12 targets
Boyd - 5 - 6 targets
Ross 5 - 6 targets
Malone 3 - 4 targets
Erikson 2 - 3 targets
Tate 2-3 targets
Mixon 2 - 3 targets
Gio - 1 - 2 targets

That's a max of 39 passes from AD. Given that the average NFL team runs about 65 offensive plays per game, that leaves 26 touches for Mixon and Gio.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
All of the above.

Plus a defense like they had a few years ago when teams hated to play the Bengals because even if they won it was going to hurt.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I would like to see fewer penalties on offense. Receivers secure the ball and less drops. No sacks. Screens to get Mixon and Gio going. At least one bomb to Ross for a completion.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I’ll be watching Marvin closely. I wan to see a more aggressive approach, we’ve seen his ultra conservative approach way too much. It would be nice to mix in a little more aggressiveness. The OLine will have to earn his trust, he has to learn to roll the dice more though.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 10:52 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Soften their Defense with passes to Boyd and TEs.. then go deep to AJ and Ross... similar to 2005.

This is basically what I was hoping for....

Don't stubbornly come out and run in to an 8 man front.  Take what is given.  The underneath stuff is not only their weakness, but it is high %, low-risk.  You nailed the key components:  Boyd, Eifert, Kroft, and also the RBs are checkdowns.  Force the Colts to alter their defense to stop the short stuff then hit them over the top.  I do hope they take some shots vertically, even if they have a lead.  Keep the foot on the throat.  Don't let them off the mat.  Being their home opener, it will be a raucous crowd.  Take them out of it early. Don't let them back in. 
Reply/Quote
Consistency

How many times have you seen this team in the last few seasons start out the first couple series on offense with their @$$e$ on fire, score 10 points in the 1st quarter then fall flat on their face until the final couple drives ?

When the opposing defense starts countering what we're doing we've got to be able to counter their counter ! I believe that's one of our bigger failures these last few seasons.

And I think a lot of that comes to being able to have some successful runs. We don't have to go all 1975, 3 yards in a cloud of dust Woody Hayes ball. But we need to be able to gash em running it occasionally. We need to be able to pick up a couple 3rd and two's when everybody knows its coming.

We need to be more efficient and consistent moving the ball, and scoring points, thru the middle of the game.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 10:40 PM)impactplaya Wrote: 1. Uptempo no huddle offense. all we heard months ago was a faster offense based on Chip Kellys approach.

2. Empty backfield more than once on 1st down.attack the Colts in their base defense

3. Andy not forcing the ball to AJ on 3rd down.
he has Malone Eifert Ross Boyd now.
if AJ is doubled logic dictates somebody is open.

4. move the chains any way you can.dont be obsessed with 50-50 run pass ratio like in the past.

5. 4th and 1 across midfield ....go for it.Im tired of field goals.

I agree completely. We know the run has been weak in the preseason. If it stays that way do not force the issue. Pass protection has been good and Andy has looked sharp. Pass the ball if need be and so not force something that is not working. Marvin always seems to want to committ to the run even though the run game is not our strong suit right now.

Also agree with 4th and 1 comment however with Marv we should temper our desires as he usually plays conservative.

One big thing I would like to see this game and this year is to finished out the first half without giving up points in the ladt couple minutes. Seems to plague this team along with putting up a goose egg in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
I agree with most here. I'd like to see the ball spread around to all parts of the field. Defensively, I'd like to see more man to man. LBers step up into the hole and drop the RB dead in his tracks.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 01:34 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I would like to see fewer penalties on offense.  Receivers secure the ball and less drops.  No sacks.  Screens to get Mixon and Gio going.  At least one bomb to Ross for a completion.

The first play to Ross in the last game was just well defended.
Dalton must feel like a kid in the candy store. (Preseason 130 passer rating, 3 sacks and he is standing up in the pocket seeing? OMG)

This season is going to be VINDICATION for the Bengals fans, Mike Brown, BENGALDOM in general.

It's gonna be a GOOD year...

GO BENGALS!
Reply/Quote
A lot of things that I see you guys are hoping to see on Sunday are (IMO) a direct result of Andy Dalton being given further control of this offense. I feel that Lazor trusts Andy to put the team in the right position, something I never fully felt with the previous coordinators.

I want to see 'field general' Andy out there, instead of 'QB of a distinguished O coordinator' Andy.. if that makes sense to you guys.
Reply/Quote
I want to see some evidence that last year's 32nd ranked offense was all on Zampese.
Reply/Quote