Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Marvin isn’t gone, I’m done
(12-10-2017, 06:40 PM)Trademark Wrote: I’ve yet to witness a super bowl. I’m 26 going on 27, all I’ve seen is first round exits. I’ve had enough of Marvin and if he returns next season I can no longer continue supporting this franchise. There’s only so much you can put up with.

While Marvin is the problem...the GM  hasn't won a game in 27+ years...

You have a bullet wound and a bad papercut...and you're complaining about the papercut.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 10:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: While Marvin is the problem...the GM  hasn't won a game in 27+ years...

You have a bullet wound and a bad papercut...and you're complaining about the papercut.

Either we just know Mike Brown is an issue that will never resolve so we've given up on it, or we are really only able to throw one faction of the team under the proverbial bus at once.  After 2010 it was the players fault, and after 2017 it's on the coaches.  Mike isn't changing, so let's root for uupheaval elsewhere.  Rooting for Mike Brown to change is like rooting for Daffy Duck to get the better of Bugs Bunny.

EDIT: Accidentally said "players" twice.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 07:26 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: with this supposedly top talent,this is the worst performing team ever and its the coaching staff.having a owner like this team is just awlful.its been terrible and this team quit today and did not care and that's all on marvin and this staff.for paul alexander to still be here should tell all of us how stupid this franchise really is.the way this team played today is all on marvin.he has no voice here.they are deaf to him . as long as all of you go to games nothing will change and when it does he will promote from within and that's a crime in of itself as NO ONE on this staff is head coach material.its just insane.and to think there are celebrating the fifty years with a bunch of losers.no wonder the nfl laughs at us every season,its deserving.nothing will change,please believe this.it will be same shit next year and they can NEVER beat the stoolers.
My view was Marvin was on thin ice.. then getting blown out by a poor Bears Team.. on our field... that ends any chance Marvin returns.
Alexander was toast.   The O- Line has made small progress but is part of that Lazor tweaking the offense so guys CAN have some success? Anyhow.. at THIS point, you can't find GOOD coaches looking for jobs.
Now? Now the Bengals are both banged up and confused.  Consider this the warm up to post season changes.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 10:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Either we just know Mike Brown is an issue that will never resolve so we've given up on it, or we are really only able to throw one faction of the team under the proverbial bus at once.  After 2010 it was the players fault, and after 2017 it's on the players.  Mike isn't changing, so let's root for uupheaval elsewhere.  Rooting for Mike Brown to change is like rooting for Daffy Duck to get the better of Bugs Bunny.

This has to be the most frustrating team in sports to root for.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns won a playoff game before us.

While they are pathetic...they atleast change coaches and GM's. You don't see the same GM after 27 years...
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 06:40 PM)Trademark Wrote: I’ve yet to witness a super bowl. I’m 26 going on 27, all I’ve seen is first round exits. I’ve had enough of Marvin and if he returns next season I can no longer continue supporting this franchise. There’s only so much you can put up with.

Ive been supporting this franchise way back since "BENGALS" were a word on the side of their helmet and since Ken Anderson was QB.  This franchise wasn't known as the "Bungles" for nothing.  Horrible first round draft picks that ended up being total failures, and cheap coaches who could never do anything with this franchise even when they had a decent amount of talent.   Sam Wyche was the exception, and boy do I miss him.  I'm telling you right now, don't ever expect to see a Super Bowl as long as Marvin is the coach and Dalton is the QB.  Of course Id rather have Dalton here than Marvin for the sheer fact that maybe Dalton just needs another coach to help him advance his game, but it sure seems to me that Andy is regressing.  Thank GOD I live in North Carolina and I have the Panthers I can pull for.  Ive always been a Bengal at heart but stomaching this joke of a franchise is become harder to stomach with each passing year of failure.  If Marvin is retained then that should tell Bengal Nation just how important bringing a championship to Cinci is to Brown.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 10:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This has to be the most frustrating team in sports to root for.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns won a playoff game before us.

While they are pathetic...they atleast change coaches and GM's. You don't see the same GM after 27 years...

Well, it may be the city itself as the Reds are in the same boat.  What once use to be The Big Red Machine has become the miniature Radio Flyer.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 10:55 PM)redwood Wrote: My view was Marvin was on thin ice.. then getting blown out by a poor Bears Team.. on our field... that ends any chance Marvin returns.
Alexander was toast.   The O- Line has made small progress but is part of that Lazor tweaking the offense so guys CAN have some success? Anyhow.. at THIS point, you can't find GOOD coaches looking for jobs.
Now? Now the Bengals are both banged up and confused.  Consider this the warm up to post season changes.

Throw the check book at Gruden.  Yes I know Brown isn't going to do that but one can at least hope.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 06:45 PM)Rattler Wrote: Nothing will change as long as Mikey Boy has air in his lungs.

[Image: patsie.jpg]

Yep. Shit Mike Brown is the head of the snake. Marvin is the asshole of the snake.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 11:04 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: Well, it may be the city itself as the Reds are in the same boat.  What once use to be The Big Red Machine has become the miniature Radio Flyer.

I get it to some extent in baseball. Small market does matter.

In the NFL with revenue sharing...actually spending money and winning makes the team more valuable in certain ways.

When the Bengals have spend, they haven't had the scouting and personnel to make capable decisions like with Bryant. So their own ineptness made them gun shy so to speak.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 11:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I get it to some extent in baseball. Small market does matter.

In the NFL with revenue sharing...actually spending money and winning makes the team more valuable in certain ways.

When the Bengals have spend, they haven't had the scouting and personnel to make capable decisions like with Bryant. So their own ineptness made them gun shy so to speak.

Right, it seems more like Mike Brown knows certain moves should be made to help the franchise succeed, but they aren't worth it or just might not pay off.  We can get a new HC and o-line coach and even a GM going into 2018, but if we aren't 10-6 again the place will be empty.  We had lots of hope for Dalton and Green going into 2011, but I recall the stadium being pretty empty despite all the changes we made.
Reply/Quote
Any of us older folk want to comment on Trademark being "only" 26 and having no idea what a lifetime of loss he's in for and should switch teams now? By that age I had only felt about 19 years of pain.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 11:05 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: Throw the check book at Gruden.  Yes I know Brown isn't going to do that but one can at least hope.

Why would Gruden come to a team where he had to scout that had an owner that didn't believe in signing many external free agents?

Do you think the Bengals would pay him the $10 million a year too? That comes out of profit.

You'll see a guy like Guenther or Jay Gruden here...or Haslett. Someone like that.

You have a better chance at Paul Alexander being the HC than Jon Gruden.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 11:04 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: Well, it may be the city itself as the Reds are in the same boat.  What once use to be The Big Red Machine has become the miniature Radio Flyer.

Gruden isn't coming here.  He could have his pick of any team looking for a coach, why would he come to a lousy organization like this one?
Reply/Quote
The NFL has its own image problems right now, player safety, rule questions, absolute conspiracy credible evidence of referees steering outcomes of games.

So it is a great time to say goodbye to the Bungles.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 12:08 AM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: The NFL has its own image problems right now, player safety, rule questions, absolute conspiracy credible evidence of referees steering outcomes of games.

In the words of the honorable Rasheed Wallace: True, True That. :andy:
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 12:08 AM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: The NFL has its own image problems right now, player safety, rule questions, absolute conspiracy credible evidence of referees steering outcomes of games.

Did you watch the Steelers/Ravens game last night?  They blew calls that hurt the Steelers, but don't let reality get in your way of taking your ball and going home.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 09:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Bengals have me through the draft.
If Marvin is back, Bodine is back, and/or the OL isn’t addressed, I’ll be back to video games like I used to be before 2005.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LMAO  So true... so true!

At least you can watch a winner and be entertained.

If ya lose or suck... that's YOUR fault!

You can even giggle or clap and say you did some things at the end.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote