Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking about starting another writing project.
Way back in the early 90's I wrote a couple of screenplays. Sent copies off to a lot of agents, but no one was interested. My dreams of becoming a writer were crushed.

However I just recently read the book "Addie Pray". The 1970's movie "Paper Moon" was based on this book, and after the movie became such a big hit the book was re-released under the name "Paper Moon".

Anyway the best part of the book was the second half. The movie is just based on about the first half. So I am thinking that I will try to write a screenplay based on the second half of the book.

Just really hard to make myself sit down and get started on it.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 05:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Way back in the early 90's I wrote a couple of screenplays.  Sent copies off to a lot of agents, but no one was interested.  My dreams of becoming a writer were crushed.

However I just recently read the book "Addie Pray".  The 1970's movie "Paper Moon" was based on this book, and after the movie became such a big hit the book was re-released under the name "Paper Moon".

Anyway the best part of the book was the second half.  The movie is just based on about the first half.  So I am thinking that I will try to write a screenplay based on the second half of the book.

Start with this; "There once was a man from Nantucket..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 05:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Way back in the early 90's I wrote a couple of screenplays.  Sent copies off to a lot of agents, but no one was interested.  My dreams of becoming a writer were crushed.

However I just recently read the book "Addie Pray".  The 1970's movie "Paper Moon" was based on this book, and after the movie became such a big hit the book was re-released under the name "Paper Moon".

Anyway the best part of the book was the second half.  The movie is just based on about the first half.  So I am thinking that I will try to write a screenplay based on the second half of the book.

Set a realistic goal and then try to stick to it.

I work with people publishing books or getting something together for periodicals, but when it gets to outlines and deadlines and all that sort of stuff, the best advice is to pick a reasonable goal and stick to it. If the most you can do is a page a day, do it. If it's 1,000 words, do that. If it's easier to write a section over a weekend and then spend a month outlining the next section, then do that.

Just like drinking, eating, golfing, fishing, or whatever hobby/interest — it will become a habit if it's reasonable for the time you have.
Reply/Quote
I wonder if that guy's writings about the boards.bengals.com forums will ever be turned into a screenplay Ninja

Good luck Fred!
Reply/Quote
Goodluck fred :]
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote

A mockumentary on Karaoke performers (in the vein of "Best in Show").

I would want to see it.  
Reply/Quote

As a lawyer I guess you would know, but are you allowed to do that?  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 10:39 AM)michaelsean Wrote: As a lawyer I guess you would know, but are you allowed to do that?  

Until there is money received, generally most authors don't care. It's still copyright infringement, but it would fall under fan fiction. Now if someone buys the script, then they would have to pay the author of Paper Moon (or whoever owns the rights) in addition to the script writer.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 09:22 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: A mockumentary on Karaoke performers (in the vein of "Best in Show").

I would want to see it.  

Close enough.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0134630/
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 10:39 AM)michaelsean Wrote: As a lawyer I guess you would know, but are you allowed to do that?  

I think so.  You just have to credit and pay royalties on earnings.  I could be wrong thought...but I thinks so.  So I'm pretty sure if your asking.  Like 83.456% sure.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote