Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking of moving
In the next year or two to a warm climate. I am looking at Arizona right now. The long brutal Wisconsin winters has me convinced it's time to move and 2 of my best friends moved out of state. I really need a change as well. You guys ever felt this way?
Reply/Quote
Loved Arizona, but I was only there a couple weeks.

And I live in Kentucky, so, yes, I constantly think about living somewhere else.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes when I went on vacation to Colorado. Such a beautiful state and if your an outdoors person, perfect place to live.
Reply/Quote
Moving to the desert seems a little dramatic. I have a feeling that if you move too far south you'll miss actually experiencing all of the seasons throughout the year. I like someone else's suggestion of Colorado. They have tons of beautiful disc golf courses too from what I hear. Overall it's one of the most beautiful places I've ever been and I've only seen 1/10 of 1 % of it.
Reply/Quote
I think about moving to California on a daily basis since I visited for two weeks. never going to happen. being a Canadian its harder to get a green card than becoming the pope.
Reply/Quote
Come to Iowa!  We Hawkeye fans would love to have you.  And you get all 4 seasons here! 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Don't move anywhere until you have a job lined up.

Also moving doesn't help if you can't get away from what is really bothering you.

I have lived in a few different places and the weather has never effected where I was happiest.
Reply/Quote
Arizona is great if you like the desert and heat. I love the desert and would like to live there some day. But dry heat or not, 110 is really hot. Bengalzona lives there, and he has offered his house to anyone who would like to move there until they can get settled in.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2016, 12:57 AM)packerbacker Wrote: In the next year or two to a warm climate. I am looking at Arizona right now. The long brutal Wisconsin winters has me convinced it's time to move and 2 of my best friends moved out of state. I really need a change as well. You guys ever felt this way?

really i have been thinking of moving somewhere with more snow.
Reply/Quote
I think about moving to a different country sometimes, but within the U.S. I like where I am. All four seasons, mountains and woods all around me. Lots of local beer, wine, and agriculture. Far enough away from DC that we don't have the high cost of living but close enough where you can take a day trip. Same for the beach (if I were a beach person).

Yeah, I'm good where I am. Even for all the problems I ***** about I wouldn't move to any other state.
Reply/Quote
Do it up right and move to Coasta Rica.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2016, 09:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Also moving doesn't help if you can't get away from what is really bothering you.

Well, if it's snow and cold weather, Arizona would get him away from that.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2016, 10:52 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Arizona is great if you like the desert and heat.  I love the desert and would like to live there some day.  But dry heat or not, 110 is really hot.  Bengalzona lives there, and he has offered his house to anyone who would like to move there until they can get settled in.

But he makes you rake all the sand in his front yard. Dude is meticulous.
Reply/Quote
I love the heat and this area is anything but that. Also I love the Southwest. I can just transfer jobs where I'm at so it shouldn't be an issue.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2016, 09:12 AM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: I think about moving to California on a daily basis since I visited for two weeks.  never going to happen.  being a Canadian its harder to get a green card than becoming the pope.

Depending on how things go in November, some of us may be joining you up there.  

(04-19-2016, 10:55 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: really i have been thinking of moving somewhere with more snow.

I'm with you.  I visited Vegas once in July.  Walking down the street, when the wind blew, it felt like opening the door on an oven.  **** that shit.  I'd rather move to Edmonton.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
If I had to move to Canada, it'll be on the west coast, Vancouver.  Ya, give me some of that please.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2016, 08:37 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Depending on how things go in November, some of us may be joining you up there.  

i'm in a condo so i can't have all of you over at once but we can definitely have a get together at the Brass Rail.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 09:36 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: If I had to move to Canada, it'll be on the west coast, Vancouver.  Ya, give me some of that please.

I've heard good things...and from what i've seen it looks like a great city.  real estate is apparently worse than here.  Toronto is insane as far as housing prices go.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 09:36 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: If I had to move to Canada, it'll be on the west coast, Vancouver.  Ya, give me some of that please.

my friend that lives in vancouver says they are all just waiting for the big quake that sinks vancouver island.

Speaking of vancouver island ALONE is coming back on
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 11:23 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: my friend that lives in vancouver says they are all just waiting for the big quake that sinks vancouver island.

Speaking of vancouver island ALONE is coming back on

Is Alone on Vancouver again?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote