Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Thinking of new coaches and my realistic prediction included
I'll start with my realistic prediction. I read on instagram that some professional, forget the name said he thinks Mccaron will be traded to the Browns. Knowing my Bengals and knowing where there's smoke there's fire usually in a rumor. I'd say this is going to happen. Probably for a 2nd or 3rd round pick I'm guessing. I think Marvin will be back, cause they don't care what we say or think. Marvin has a lot of draft picks and they really value the draft. Except they don't use them draft picks, but that's another story. That's the Bengals way so that is my prediction.

As for the coaches, I heard Josh Mcdaniels wants to coach. I was thinking about it, and could see some good things then I see some bad things. I don't invision him hosting up a Lombardi trophy though. We need to go get the guy who we can invision doing that. My choices would be, coughlin because Mike brown already wanted him, Tony dungey, Jon gruden, I'd even ask Brian billick. I'm not too familiar with college coaches. But Nick saban I'd take. Or matt Patricia I like for some reason. These are my choices. And I don't believe it would take years to get a ring unless, we really dont have the qb for the job.
Reply/Quote
Hate to say it ,but Marvin isn't going away until he retires. On other note since he's not producing worth didly squat in Dtown there's a chance he gets cut this next year and returns to stripes...who you ask ?  The other Marvin of course . i would take that trade.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sorry if this comes off as critical, but those choices are a bit uninspired. I'm just saying....those coaches are all retired, with the exception of Josh, however his shine is worn, being part of the failed head coaches tree of BB assistants. How about:

David Shaw, Bob Stoops, Sean McDermott, Darell Bevell, Teryl Austin, Vance Joseph, Jim Schwartz, Kyle Shanahan.
Reply/Quote
If there's a change, Mike is going to bring in someone that will keep his beloved assistant coaches. That means Joseph is a real possibility. I think an offensive mind is needed. McDaniels would be a good pick, but I'm not sold on any Shanny. His relationship with the teams he's coached for never seems to ends well.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
If I had to bet I would say Mccarran gets dealt to the Browns, no doubt they would give us the best package in return.

It will be like Christmas once again when we dealt the Quitter.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Im also going to throw out a HC name that hasn't been discussed........ Doug Marrone, the former OC for the Saints (didn't call the plays), the former Syracuse HC who left for the Bills HC job (did decent) in his time there and opted out of his contract when ownership changed thinking he was getting the Jets job.

He is the current O-line coach at the Jaguars.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Eric Mangini. Billicheck discipline that they threw in the fast lane too soon. Dude is still only 45 years old.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I would just about be thrilled with the team water boy (or girl) as the new head coach at this point...

I wonder what it would take to get Hue Jackson back? or if that's even possible (I really don't know how head coach contract stuff works...)
Reply/Quote
I would give just about anything to get Hue back, and have him bring Terrelle Pryor as well. The Bengals still need a vertical threat opposite AJ and Boyd working underneath.

I really think that would be the best option for the team. Harbaugh would take a minor miracle. I would pursue it, but I really doubt the Bengal's brass would want such a controversial character.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2016, 01:53 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would give just about anything to get Hue back, and have him bring Terrelle Pryor as well.  The Bengals still need a vertical threat opposite AJ and Boyd working underneath.

I really think that would be the best option for the team.  Harbaugh would take a minor miracle.  I would pursue it, but I really doubt the Bengal's brass would want such a controversial character.

As much as I seriously can't stand Harbaugh (especially given his Michigan connection and all), I would be all for that.  At least you'd see a coach on the sidelines that looks like he cares what it going on!
Reply/Quote
If the new head coach doesn't immediately fire Paul Alexander they don't deserve the job in the first place.
Reply/Quote
We could always take the easy route and just blame this season on the ever popular conspiracy theories about how the fix is on and the script was written in some back room office in NY five years ago and the weird thing is that I'm not entirely convinced that the fix isn't on. There is some evidence to suggest that there's been a fix on for quite some time. Whether I subscribe to it is still up in the air. It certainly makes it easier to swallow this dismal season and not sit and fret over it. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Let me say first that I would love to be wrong on my opinion, but unless MB passes the baton, I think all of this are just pipe dreams. I just don't see him getting along with a fireball coach like Wyche was.

I do believe Marvin stays until he is ready to retire and the whole house needs cleaned and I don't see that happening with MB at the helm either.
Reply/Quote
Maybe they are thinking about moving the team to St. Louis. Bigger market?

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
Might be sooner than you think.....
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I'm going to go off the reservation and pick two guys to come in (because that's all, IMO, that need to be replaced)....

- Les Miles Head Coach
- Norv Turner OC

I would actually be intrigued by this.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2016, 03:01 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Let me say first that I would love to be wrong on my opinion, but unless MB passes the baton, I think all of this are just pipe dreams.  I just don't see him getting along with a fireball coach like Wyche was.

I do believe Marvin stays until he is ready to retire and the whole house needs cleaned and I don't see that happening with MB at the helm either.

MB did sign off on Zim as DC, but I do think there's a good possibility the new HC is not in that "fiery" category.  Not that I care.  I just want a coach that can win.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2016, 03:37 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: Maybe they are thinking about moving the team to St. Louis. Bigger market?

If the Bengals move after the PBS deal is up, I think sharing the Rams stadium in LA is Brown's first option. 
Reply/Quote
Always here names of happily retired coaches thrown around like Cowher, Gruden, Dungy, and such.

But if I could pick from the people we have zero chance of ever getting it would be Jimmy Johnson.

None are ever coming here though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I don't like Josh Mcdaniels he made some bad decisions when he coached Denver. i think he made a terrible trade for kyle orton giving up big draft picks.

The guy i want is Jim Schwartz. He's done good as a defensive coordinator. He gets into the game and shows emotion.

We need a motivator as HC. Someone who gets into the game. That is what we need. Not someone who doesnt show emotion.
Reply/Quote