Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Thinking of new coaches and my realistic prediction included
Horton has never had good defenses. He's like Rob Ryan. Not sure how he's lasted this long as a DC.

I'm not sold on Marvin anymore as GM. The last couple drafts have been suspect, and I'm still scratching my head over the Haslett signing.

Harbs was a bit whiny today. Passionate some would say. Not sure what side of the fence I'm on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 02:06 AM)jj22 Wrote: Horton has never had good defenses. He's like Rob Ryan. Not sure how he's lasted this long as a DC.

Ray has never had a chance to really build a defense.

He was DC only in Arizona one year ('12). The defense finished 12th in yards allowed, 5th in passing yards, and 4th in take aways.  But when Whisenhunt got fired after that season Ariens brought in anew staff.

He was hired as DC in Cleveland in '13 and the defense finished 9th in yards allowed.  BUt again the head coach (Chudzinski) was fired and Horton was out.

He was then hired as DC for the Titans and in his second season ('15) they finished 12th in yards allowed and 7th in passing yards allowed.  But again the head coach got fired and Horton was out of a job.

The defense improves everywhere he goes.  Buut he keeps losing his job because the head coach he works under gets fired.  All he needs is an owner like MIke Brown who will give him 15 years to produce.
Reply/Quote
Hue resigns in Cleveland after an 0-16 year and comes back to be our head coach.

One can dream no?
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 01:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ray has never had a chance to really build a defense.

He was DC only in Arizona one year ('12). The defense finished 12th in yards allowed, 5th in passing yards, and 4th in take aways.  But when Whisenhunt got fired after that season Ariens brought in anew staff.

He was hired as DC in Cleveland in '13 and the defense finished 9th in yards allowed.  BUt again the head coach (Chudzinski) was fired and Horton was out.

He was then hired as DC for the Titans and in his second season ('15) they finished 12th in yards allowed and 7th in passing yards allowed.  But again the head coach got fired and Horton was out of a job.

The defense improves everywhere he goes.  Buut he keeps losing his job because the head coach he works under gets fired.  All he needs is an owner like MIke Brown who will give him 15 years to produce.

There is something to be said for having a chance to build something for a team. But at the same time, a Ray Horton defense has never ranked in the top 1/2 of the league for points allowed. I wouldn't consider him an upgrade over the defensive minds we already have. 

Like others have said in the thread, I'd personally prefer an offensive-minded coach. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 01:25 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Hue resigns in Cleveland after an 0-16 year and comes back to be our head coach.

One can dream no?

Your "dream coach" is the guys who found a way to make the Browns WORSE?
Reply/Quote