Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Is Bad
(08-12-2019, 09:50 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Don't worry. Eventually NFL is going to become like NBA level of scoring and timeouts toward the end of halves.
SO EXCITING!  Ninja

Man.. Didnt think of it like that. But that is what makes basketball almost unwatchable for me
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 09:53 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: That was intentional. Since some wanted to jump my ass for complaining. When in fact i was right to considering we were he only game that had a replay official initiate a PI review. Not once but twice.

I can imagine how fun it would be sitting outside in December watching the game and the refs are stopping the game after an incomplete pass with no flags to go over the play with a fine tooth comb looking for something to tack a penalty on. Shit is lame as hell.

Well considering all plays under 2 minutes are reviewable and have been for a while now it's really nothing new other than penalties being something they can look at now. Those plays aren't booth initiated if they happen outside the 2 minute warning, that's the only difference here and to be fair the one play Lippett tackled the guy was 100% PI.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 09:54 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Man.. Didnt think of it like that. But that is what makes basketball almost unwatchable for me

Out of the five major sports, basketball is the least enjoyable to watch for me. The lack of ability to make contact in any way without a foul (obviously this is an exaggeration) and the amount of free throws at the end of games are big factors in that. Basketball really should put a runoff (like 10 sec) for each foul committed in the last two minutes of the game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 08:08 PM)Sweetness Wrote: It took 1 preseason game for Bengal fans to already start crying about how the league is against us. Nice to see you're already in midseason form. 

It’s easier to say this than to admit that this is a 4-7 Win team!
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 09:53 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: That was intentional. Since some wanted to jump my ass for complaining. When in fact i was right to considering we were he only game that had a replay official initiate a PI review. Not once but twice.

I can imagine how fun it would be sitting outside in December watching the game and the refs are stopping the game after an incomplete pass with no flags to go over the play with a fine tooth comb looking for something to tack a penalty on. Shit is lame as hell.

You haven't learned to only go to games when the weather is nice and then watch the bad weather games from indoors? Shame.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The stupid part is they are allowing the review on penalties that already are WAY too subjective. Note we got burned by this in the PS game when the review judge decided a play was a penalty when by the rule it was not. Even the pro Chiefs announcers pointed it out.

If they REALLY want to improve officiating then it's time to make the zebras full time professionals with a training program and tough certification standards.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 03:20 PM)Joelist Wrote: The stupid part is they are allowing the review on penalties that already are WAY too subjective. Note we got burned by this in the PS game when the review judge decided a play was a penalty when by the rule it was not. Even the pro Chiefs announcers pointed it out.

If they REALLY want to improve officiating then it's time to make the zebras full time professionals with a training program and tough certification standards.

Not sure which one you are talking about, but the PI call that was missed and then enforced was 100% PI. 
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 03:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: Not sure which one you are talking about, but the PI call that was missed and then enforced was 100% PI. 

Sure. Go over almost every pass play with multiple camera angles and slow mo and what used to be a bang bang play too close to call is now a penalty. Just what every NFL fan wants. More penalties. 

We should throw it deep every play inside the two minute warning. If its incomplete oh well. Hopefully the refs catch a DB getting there a split second early with the slow mo. I would say we need to take more deep shots all together as well. As long as we have challenges left. Good D? Na lets challenge that incompletion and see if we can get a ticky tack call with the slow mo and 20 camera angles
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 03:54 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Sure. Go over almost every pass play with multiple camera angles and slow mo and what used to be a bang bang play too close to call is now a penalty. Just what every NFL fan wants. More penalties. 

We should throw it deep every play inside the two minute warning. If its incomplete oh well. Hopefully the refs catch a DB getting there a split second early with the slow mo. I would say we need to take more deep shots all together as well. As long as we have challenges left. Good D? Na lets challenge that incompletion and see if we can get a ticky tack call with the slow mo and 20 camera angles

It was a bad missed call, not Saints/Rams, but it was bad he hit him way early. 
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 09:48 AM)NKURyan Wrote: Yes, surely the NFL's biggest concern is holding back the juggernaut that is the Cincinnati Bengals.

What IF Mike Brown was really some genius owner/GM and there was really some huge conspiracy to hold back the Bengals for the past 28 years?
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 09:59 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Out of the five major sports, basketball is the least enjoyable to watch for me. The lack of ability to make contact in any way without a foul (obviously this is an exaggeration) and the amount of free throws at the end of games are big factors in that. Basketball really should put a runoff (like 10 sec) for each foul committed in the last two minutes of the game.

I can't stand watching any level basketball game when there's :54 seconds left, one team is up by 20 points and it takes 30 minutes to get thru those final seconds because of all the fouls and foul shots. Maybe they can put in a rule where the score has to be single digit difference or there is a runoff or something ?
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 04:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What IF Mike Brown was really some genius owner/GM and there was really some huge conspiracy to hold back the Bengals for the past 28 years?

I'd feel a lot better, lol.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 03:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: Not sure which one you are talking about, but the PI call that was missed and then enforced was 100% PI. 

The announcers themselves said flat out that by the rules it was not but the ref made a judgment call. 
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 05:31 PM)Joelist Wrote: The announcers themselves said flat out that by the rules it was not but the ref made a judgment call. 

The PI against Lipp...Lippp...limp...the new guy, was 100% PI. He came down hard across the receivers arms before the ball got there. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 06:46 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The PI against Lipp...Lippp...limp...the new guy, was 100% PI. He came down hard across the receivers arms before the ball got there. 

*As the ball got there. 

Thankfully now with this new bunk ass rule we will spend more time watching slow mo replays to make sure any DB not getting flagged in the past for a bang bang play gets thoroughly reviewed.
Reply/Quote