Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Is One Of Roughest Schedules Bengals Have Been Hit With
For last 2 years, we thought the schedule was pretty hard in the beginning..

And somehow, we still win 10+ games..

I think we got it.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 02:58 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Doesn't Dalton hold the record for most road wins through his first five years?  I don't think being on the road scares this team.

Idk I know that he has the third highest win percentage on the road behind Brady and Alex Smith.
Reply/Quote
I pointed this out in another thread

The Bengals have only beaten Dallas in Dallas once. 1988

The Bengals haven't won in Foxboro since 1986.

The Bengals haven't beaten the Jets in Jersey/NY since 1981.

The Bengals have never beaten the Giants in Jersey/NY.

London YAY

This schedule, the way it is laid out more than the competition..scares the shit out of me.

Edit:
Oh yeah.. plus 4 PT games. We suck in PT games if you haven't noticed.

Reply/Quote
Usually I'm the one arguing with folks who are saying the sched is tough when it's released, but even I will admit those first 6 weeks look absolutely brutal. I wouldn't expect another 8-0 start.

That said, the Bengals are still one of the most talented teams in the AFC and if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. And like always, some of these "tough" opponents won't look so tough when the season starts.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 04:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Usually I'm the one arguing with folks who are saying the sched is tough when it's released, but even I will admit those first 6 weeks look absolutely brutal. I wouldn't expect another 8-0 start.

That said, the Bengals are still one of the most talented teams in the AFC and if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. And like always, some of these "tough" opponents won't look so tough when the season starts.

It definitely looks like a rough start, but you never know when a contender will suffer an injury to a major player.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 04:01 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I pointed this out in another thread

London YAY

This schedule, the way it is laid out more than the competition..scares the shit out of me.

This could all change this year. The Pats game is the only one i doubt we win.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 04:01 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I pointed this out in another thread

London YAY

The one thing we have proven over and over again in the past few years is that what happened in certain citiies in the past has ZERO to do with what will happen now.  We have broken multiple "Haven't won in__________ since _____" streaks recently.
Reply/Quote
I said it's time to get those monkeys off our backs in the other thread. Still a bit worried though!

Reply/Quote
The Bengals have like the 4th easiest schedule in the league...We have drubbed the NFCE and AFCE over the last few year sans NE..Even though we beat them at home a couple years ago...If you want to be division champs you play the division champs schedule and you just go and win the games....

3-1 against AFCE...4-0 against NFCE....4-2 against AFCN...that is 11 wins with 3 other games not included...buckle up and play....you have to beat these teams anyway if you plan on being SB winners....worrying about who and when you play is not championship thoughts....WHODEY!!!
Reply/Quote
The Bengals schedule is neither tough nor easy based upon last year's results. The whole strength of schedule statistic before a season is totally useless. The only way you can tell how hard a schedule is is after then season has finished. The Bengals had a "tough" schedule last year and started 8-8. KC sucked when we played them, the seahawks weren't playing well at the time we caught them, the chargers were supposed to be good, the Bengals were playing the raiders....a team we had never beaten in Oakland, etc. Then a bad texans team rolls into town and beats us in our house...and they go on to win their division and a WC game 30-0. So I put zero substance in any schedule strength numbers prior to a season.
Reply/Quote
I don't care about what the past says about the Bengals playing in some areas, it's how they do now.

Plus, it's really not that tough of a schedule. In fact, it's tied for the 27th easiest schedule. Last year's schedule was much tougher. They played the Chiefs, Seahawks, Bills, and Steelers in a 4 week span and won all those games. They beat 3 different playoff teams during that time.

I'm not really worried about the Bengals schedule this year.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't worry so much about the regular season as much as I worry about winning a play off game. We do very well in the regular season games. I still see us winning the division.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 04:01 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: The Bengals have only beaten Dallas in Dallas once. 1988

Not saying we'll win for sure, BUT, I was in attendance at the 2013 Bills game in Buffalho.

And I will be heading down to Dallazz for this game sooooo...

I'll bring all of the luck and goodwill with me, promise!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
It's just football. The Bengals are going to be a tough team for anyone to beat. I fully expect them to win the division again and who knows? They might even win a playoff game..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Sounds like a fun challenge to me!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
4th easiest schedule in the NFL... Settle down fellas.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 12:47 PM)kevin Wrote: except 9-11 is a National Holiday now.  With it on Sunday and the Jets playing in New York on 9-11, all the morning ceremony across the nation, The President's 9-11 speech, the firemen and policemen, The military honor guards and the huge flag that will cover all New York stadium. Sinatra piped in singing New York, New York.   As a Bengals fan, I will be rooting Bengals, but the rest of the world will be all New York on 9-11. ....Plus, we have never played that well in New York.....This is the worst schedule Bengals have ever been dealt. ....Less home games than road games, just awful. 

9-11  will have little effect on the game.. it is 15 years removed and probably very few of the players will have much connection to it.. and even if they do,, it is a national thing not a New York thing, so Bengals will be emotional also.  When the game starts it will just be football.  

As for losing home game that is tough but it is not like we play 9 away games either..London is a neutral site for both teams.  The one great part of this schedule is the timing for the bye week.. perfect place for us.  I also like the finish of the schedule with philly, pittsburgh and baltimore at home and cleveland and houston away.. i see a 4-1 finish
Reply/Quote
You sound like a crybaby. Toughen t.f.u. This is a 10-6 11-5 schedule.

Division games are what they always are.

NFC East is a cake walk.

AFC East other than NE is nothing.

Skins in London. Home, away, whatever tick off one in the win column.

Stop whining.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2016, 10:02 AM)jason Wrote: 4th easiest schedule in the NFL... Settle down fellas.

I have not seen the nubers, but i just don't see how a Division Champion with another playoff team in the same division could end up with the 4th easiest schedule.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2016, 11:25 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I have not seen the nubers, but i just don't see how a Division Champion with another playoff team in the same division could end up with the 4th easiest schedule.

Its actually a tie with the Lions and Cowboys for 3rd easiest schedule behind the Packers at 1 and the Bears and Giants at 2 (Tie), its because we play the NFC East this year... The only negative on our schedule is having to go to London...other than that it is really favorable, especially getting the bye right at the middle of the season. Plus we have no New York or New England in December....

Link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000652553/article/2016-strength-of-schedule-for-each-team
Reply/Quote