Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Is One Whacky Year In Football
^ Yup. …..one more team (and more proof since they squashed the Rams!) I think Bengals struggle against this year
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2021, 11:41 PM)Tomkat Wrote: ....and the 3-5 49ers are taking it to the 7-2 Rams.
WTH IS GOING ON IN THE NFL???

If the 49ers run that offense against Cincy, we are doomed.  All power runs with sweeps and misdirection.  Rams got taken to the woodshed.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2021, 12:23 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Jets beat the "best" team in the AFC now... the Titans. 

Yea, but that was way back in week 4, when the Titans weren't really "established" yet, at 2-1 (including a blowout loss to the Cardinals)
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 08:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If the 49ers run that offense against Cincy, we are doomed.  All power runs with sweeps and misdirection.  Rams got taken to the woodshed.  

I didn't realize how much misdirection came into play until watching the Manning broadcast last night. Eli said they put someone in motion for like 70% of their plays. He was laughing about it because Jimmy G forgot to send the FB into motion on a play.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 01:03 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote:  Eli said they put someone in motion for like 70% of their plays. He was laughing about it because Jimmy G forgot to send the FB into motion on a play.

“You mean like motion in the ocean?”

-Zac Taylor
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 07:22 PM)GodFather Wrote: Watching the Browns get destroyed today and the Jets looking like the Jets every game except against us makes me wonder where does this team really stand?

It is such a whacky year. Every team seems to be shaky at times, especially in the AFC. Will be interesting to see what the Bengals do coming out of the bye.

Zac like the car salesman he is was touting this past offseason that Bengal fans are going to be very surprised at what will happen this season. Well he has a chance to go either way this second half. Will he live up to his quote or will he sell you a lemon that breaks down 3 miles away from the car dealership?

I've mentioned this a few times over the last couple of weeks, but either everyone has me blocked, or no one could see for all of the doom and gloom, LMAO.

Don't forget, the Jets beat the Titans WITH Henry on the field too, and right now, the Titans look like the most stable team in the AFC.

College has been a bit topsy turvy as well, but not as much as the NFL..... especially the AFC. Holic duly noted how crazy the AFC has been all year.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2021, 08:38 AM)Whacked Wrote: What the Pats are doing this year with a no-name rookie and no big stars on their team - is amazing IMO.

Bill is LEGIT. Hard to deny.

We have all this talent and it’s frightening how bad we look at times.

Yeah, Hoodie is the undisputed GOAT in my mind, but Mac Jones isn't exactly a nobody. Tongue

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2021, 10:42 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I often wonder what the Bengals could do with a real coach; maybe one who has won playoff games in the past.  I have nothing against Zac Taylor personally but here in Cincinnati head coach is an entry level job.

The analogy I like is the excellent musicians of the London Symphony Orchestra being directed by the music staff of Hee Haw.

Roy Clark was actually a VERY accomplished and classically trained musician....just throwing that in there....lol.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 04:35 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Roy Clark was actually a VERY accomplished and classically trained musician....just throwing that in there....lol.

Hey Wyche how ya been brother?
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 03:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: I've mentioned this a few times over the last couple of weeks, but either everyone has me blocked, or no one could see for all of the doom and gloom, LMAO.

Don't forget, the Jets beat the Titans WITH Henry on the field too, and right now, the Titans look like the most stable team in the AFC.

College has been a bit topsy turvy as well, but not as much as the NFL..... especially the AFC. Holic duly noted how crazy the AFC has been all year.

Yep...forget about 'any given Sunday'. It's more like 'EVERY damn week' this year. LOL
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 07:22 PM)GodFather Wrote: Watching the Browns get destroyed today and the Jets looking like the Jets every game except against us makes me wonder where does this team really stand?

It is such a whacky year. Every team seems to be shaky at times, especially in the AFC. Will be interesting to see what the Bengals do coming out of the bye.

Zac like the car salesman he is was touting this past offseason that Bengal fans are going to be very surprised at what will happen this season. Well he has a chance to go either way this second half. Will he live up to his quote or will he sell you a lemon that breaks down 3 miles away from the car dealership?

Yes, strange year. I honestly don't know what to think of any team at this point even the Buccaneers after yesterday where it 
looked like they also lost Vita Vea for the year. That Hienicki dude was impressive on that long ass TD drive to win the game.

This Raiders game for us should tell us a lot at least about our team. It looks like a good matchup for us with our weapons 
against their Defense and Carr looked like crap against the Chiefs when he was pressured. We will see if Taylor can have this 
team ready for another run or not like you said. If not we need to move on, this team is too talented.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 04:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: Roy Clark was actually a VERY accomplished and classically trained musician....just throwing that in there....lol.

^This and Buck Owens was no slouch to boot!
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 04:44 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Hey Wyche how ya been brother?

Pretty good ol buddy, you?

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 05:05 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yep...forget about 'any given Sunday'. It's more like 'EVERY damn week' this year. LOL

No doubt! Like I said, even college ball to an extent...

(11-16-2021, 07:05 PM)GodFather Wrote: ^This and Buck Owens was no slouch to boot!

You got that right! Love some Buck Owens.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 03:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: I've mentioned this a few times over the last couple of weeks, but either everyone has me blocked, or no one could see for all of the doom and gloom, LMAO.

Haha, you aren't blocked, dude! 

I think your example of the Jets beating the Titans is perfect.  The Titans had Henry, but the Jets were so up for that game.  Henry did have 157 yards, but on 33 carries, with a long of 22 yards.  That means that Henry had 135 yards on his remaining 32 carries, or 4.2 yards per carry.  For a beast like Henry, you will take that.  Only one fairly long run.

Attitude means so much, even in the professional leagues.  Miami played TOUGH defense against the Rats.  So did the Bengals a few weeks prior.

I am not going to doom and gloom and assume that this is the defense we will see the rest of the way.  Maybe adding Hargreaves III will help them put a safety closer to the box for help in the run game.  Maybe the time off will be reflected in the energy they were showing in the beginning of the season.  Either way, (and I know everyone is tired of hearing it) this Raiders game is the tilting point for me.  I think if they find their energy and pressure from early in the season, they win this one and make the playoffs with 10 wins.  I KNOW they will have the energy against the steelers, but this game is the breaking point for me.
Reply/Quote
Yes, it is a whacky year but kind of fun. Can the Bengals go against the trend of coming out flat after a bye?
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2021, 08:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Haha, you aren't blocked, dude! 

I think your example of the Jets beating the Titans is perfect.  The Titans had Henry, but the Jets were so up for that game.  Henry did have 157 yards, but on 33 carries, with a long of 22 yards.  That means that Henry had 135 yards on his remaining 32 carries, or 4.2 yards per carry.  For a beast like Henry, you will take that.  Only one fairly long run.

Attitude means so much, even in the professional leagues.  Miami played TOUGH defense against the Rats.  So did the Bengals a few weeks prior.

I am not going to doom and gloom and assume that this is the defense we will see the rest of the way.  Maybe adding Hargreaves III will help them put a safety closer to the box for help in the run game.  Maybe the time off will be reflected in the energy they were showing in the beginning of the season.  Either way, (and I know everyone is tired of hearing it) this Raiders game is the tilting point for me.  I think if they find their energy and pressure from early in the season, they win this one and make the playoffs with 10 wins.  I KNOW they will have the energy against the steelers, but this game is the breaking point for me.

Anyone that blocks Wyche is crazy lol

Agree on everything as usual, this Raiders game is the tell tale game to me. After the bye on the road, lets see if Taylor 
has this team ready, if not, we might not make the Playoffs. These AFC games are extremely important at this point and 
especially this year where all these teams are right around .500.

(11-17-2021, 08:26 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Yes, it is a whacky year but kind of fun. Can the Bengals go against the trend of coming out flat after a bye?

That is the question. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2021, 08:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Haha, you aren't blocked, dude! 

No, I agree. They really need that Raiders game.I think with Hargreaves, and maybe even Flowers, being here a little while now and through the bye, we may have seen the last of Apple.

Reply/Quote
Whacky season equals Vegas raping the bettors.

Nothing to see here though Ninja

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2021, 09:42 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: No, I agree. They really need that Raiders game.I think with Hargreaves, and maybe even Flowers, being here a little while now and through the bye, we may have seen the last of Apple.

Latest depth chart disagrees. Hargreaves isn’t going to touch the field this year barring some injuries. Flowers departure was applauded by Seattle fans. All 3 are bums, but Apple is the most familiar with the scheme and players so he’s going to be out there the rest of the year.
Reply/Quote