Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Kind of Stuff Is What It's All About!
Lombardi or not, this is what it' all about!!

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/The-gift/6fdd596d-0763-4efe-bc68-09151e914c98
Reply/Quote
Great article. Sadly things like this are overshadowed by other pro athletes who do dumb stuff. These should be the real stories.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 10:26 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Lombardi or not, this is what it' all about!!

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/The-gift/6fdd596d-0763-4efe-bc68-09151e914c98

Notice there's been practically no mention of this in the national media. Instead, they just want to talk about Jones and Dre calling TP "trash".

It's all about portraying the Bengals players and organization in a negative way for the national media, never anything about the good they do.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 10:52 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Notice there's been practically no mention of this in the national media. Instead, they just want to talk about Jones and Dre calling TP "trash".

It's all about portraying the Bengals players and organization in a negative way for the national media, never anything about the good they do.

I'd say it hasn't been shown because honestly it's not all that uncommon. I think Suggs, or someone on Ravens, did something similar the other day and no one said anything. Alot of these guys do tons of charity work, in fact Cam Newton (As much as I don't like his antics on field) spends almost all his free time doing charity work. We are a negative society over all and most news stories will focus on the negatives because that's what people want.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 10:58 AM)Au165 Wrote: I'd say it hasn't been shown because honestly it's not all that uncommon. I think Suggs, or someone on Ravens, did something similar the other day and no one said anything. Alot of these guys do tons of charity work, in fact Cam Newton (As much as I don't like his antics on field) spends almost all his free time doing charity work. We are a negative society over all and most news stories will focus on the negatives because that's what people want.

I understand that it may not be that uncommon, but when a particular team is portrayed in such a bad way all the time, the national media should at least report on SOME of the good. The media makes it seem like the Bengals are a bunch of classless, mean, selfish individuals all the time.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 11:15 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I understand that it may not be that uncommon, but when a particular team is portrayed in such a bad way all the time, the national media should at least report on SOME of the good. The media makes it seem like the Bengals are a bunch of classless, mean, selfish individuals all the time.

I just don't think it registers with them for the reasons I said. In the next few weeks if you follow each teams twitter you will see tons of these things. The media isn't going to mention them all, so for the most part they won't mention any unless it is Tom Brady or someone along those lines.
Reply/Quote
Nice job, OP. I came on here to post the article and it was already here!

Bengals do great work in the community. Marvin's foundation, Andy & Jordan's foundation, more stuff than I can remember. Of course the negative crap -- occasionally true, often exaggerated -- is deemed more newsworthy.

I am proud of my Bengals, on and off the field.
Reply/Quote
Good post.

I've always had respect for anyone famous who uses their platform to do good.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 10:26 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Lombardi or not, this is what it' all about!!

This is a good thing to do, but totally not what it's all about. 

I appreciate the orange glasses homer outlook, though. 
Reply/Quote
Santa Claus... GARBAGE !!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I say to PDub and jason, as long as MB is in charge, you keep wishing for a Lombardi in one hand, and crap in the other, and see which one fills up faster!!   Hilarious   Wink
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 01:58 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I say to PDub and jason, as long as MB is in charge, you keep wishing for a Lombardi in one hand, and crap in the other, and see which one fills up faster!!   Hilarious   Wink
Mike Brown... GARBAGE !!!!

That whole garbage thing is never gonna get old to me.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 02:38 PM)jason Wrote: Mike Brown... GARBAGE !!!!

That whole garbage thing is never gonna get old to me.

I've been with this team since 1968.  Been through the 90s so this will never get 'old' enough to sway me to root for some other team. However, each year that the Lombardi doesn't happen I won't pretend like I expected it to, or act like it's the end of life itself.

(I am speaking for myself and not implying this to anyone else)
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 02:49 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I've been with this team since 1968.  Been through the 90s so this will never get 'old' enough to sway me to root for some other team. However, each year that the Lombardi doesn't happen I won't pretend like I expected it to, or act like it's the end of life itself.

(I am speaking for myself and not implying this to anyone else)

Dude....he's referring to Pacman's comments regarding Terrelle Pryor after the Cleveland game. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I wish adults would be more cautious and responsible before bringing life into this world.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 04:16 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I wish adults would be more cautious and responsible before bringing life into this world.
Adults havin' sex, and makin' kids... GARBAGE !!!!

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 04:50 PM)jason Wrote: Adults havin' sex, and makin' kids... GARBAGE  !!!!

If you can't afford a Bike and your bust'N Out Babies, Yes Indeed GARBAGE!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Stuff like this doesn't fit the narrative so don't expects to see this stuff on a main channel unless we have a Sunday or kinda night game. Cause at that point they basically HAVE to talk about us
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 04:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: Dude....he's referring to Pacman's comments regarding Terrelle Pryor after the Cleveland game. :andy:

He's responding to this post Wyche:

I say to PDub and jason, as long as MB is in charge, you keep wishing for a Lombardi in one hand, and crap in the other, and see which one fills up faster!!
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 06:12 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: He's responding to this post Wyche:

I say to PDub and jason, as long as MB is in charge, you keep wishing for a Lombardi in one hand, and crap in the other, and see which one fills up faster!!

Yeah.....but the line he's using is in reference to Pacmans smack....jason was being facetious. Wink

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote