Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Same-Sex Couple Filmed Themselves Getting Denied A Marriage License
Long way to go. Well not if people did the job they were hired to do.

This character should quit and pray to find a job that he can enforce his religion on to his customers.

I wonder how many divorced people he denied second marriage licences to? Or couples who had a child out of wedlock?!?!

The horror! Smirk

http://uproxx.com/webculture/2015/07/this-same-sex-couple-filmed-themselves-getting-denied-for-a-marriage-license/

Quote:In the wake of the Supreme Court ruling on marriage equality, once the parties died down and we cleaned the glitter and streamers up off the ground, one point remained clear: While this was a historic ruling and we as a country have come far, we still have so far to go.

To that point, allow me to direct you to this YouTube video that was uploaded yesterday out of Morehead, Kentucky. A same-sex couple who have been together for 17 years were denied a marriage license from the county clerk’s office of the county they reside and pay taxes in despite the fact that the United States Supreme Court has decreed it is illegal to do so.

When the couple finally makes their way up to the counter, one of the men calmly directs the county-clerk employee to both a letter from the governor’s office stating that all county-clerk offices are to issue same-sex marriage licenses, as well as a copy of the Supreme Count ruling. In response they are told, “you can go to any other county and get your marriage license, but at this time we’re just not doing them here.”

Rowan County Clerk Kim David, who can be seen at the end of the video, is currently being sued by four other same-sex couples for refusing to provide them with a marriage license.

(Via reddit, Advocate)
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Why am I not surprised that it's in KY?
Well they should be following the law. But they are able to behave anyway they see fit. Just as the gay couples are able to sue.

Are they forced to get their license in that county or can they go to any? Why waste the time to sue if they can drive 15 minutes down the road and get their government marriage.
(07-09-2015, 03:31 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well they should be following the law.   But they are able to behave anyway they see fit.   Just as the gay couples are able to sue.  

Are they forced to get their license in that county or can they go to any?  Why waste the time to sue if they can drive 15 minutes down the road and get their government marriage.

And if that county has a fool who thinks his religion is above the law?

They are NOT able to behave how they see fit.  They can quit if the job is so bad to their moral code.  then drive 15 minutes away and get another one.  Mellow
He's not doing his job so fire him. All fixed.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-09-2015, 10:11 AM)michaelsean Wrote: He's not doing his job so fire him.  All fixed.

You'd think so, but he's already done the same thing at least four times...and he's still at his job.
(07-09-2015, 10:11 AM)michaelsean Wrote: He's not doing his job so fire him.  All fixed.

This. If you are a civil servant your job is you acting as a representative of the government agency with which you are employed. Your personal prejudices cannot be used in this manner. I'm not saying that no accommodations should be made for religious beliefs, but you'd have a difficult time showing me that there was anything prohibiting you from doing your job by issuing a government marriage license to a same-sex couple within Christian doctrine. Since by issuing the license you, personally, are not condoning the act and are only acting on behalf of the governmental organization you are representing there is no argument that you are being forced to go against your religious beliefs.
(07-09-2015, 10:27 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: This. If you are a civil servant your job is you acting as a representative of the government agency with which you are employed. Your personal prejudices cannot be used in this manner. I'm not saying that no accommodations should be made for religious beliefs, but you'd have a difficult time showing me that there was anything prohibiting you from doing your job by issuign a government marriage license to a same-sex couple within Christian doctrine. Since by issuing the license you, personally, are not condoning the act and are only acting on behalf of the governmental organization you are representing there is no argument that you are being forced to go against your religious beliefs.

I agree with you 100% and I'm a Christian.
(07-09-2015, 12:16 PM)PhilHos Wrote: and I'm a Christian.

What?   Shocked
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(07-09-2015, 03:31 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well they should be following the law.   But they are able to behave anyway they see fit.   Just as the gay couples are able to sue.  

Are they forced to get their license in that county or can they go to any?  Why waste the time to sue if they can drive 15 minutes down the road and get their government marriage.

Hmm, this reminds me of the time a Muslim who worked at Arby's refused to give a guy a ham sandwich because it went against his religion and you were all like "Hey, that customer can just drive to a different town with a different Arby's!"

Why not sue someone for breaking the law?
(07-10-2015, 07:46 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Why not sue someone for breaking the law?

This response of Lucy's is a joke.  Don't take it serious.
(07-10-2015, 08:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This response of Lucy's is a joke.  Don't take it serious.

Kentucky Senator informs county clerks to do their jobs or lose them
How come we haven't heard about this one? Oh never mind he's a black guy.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/07/08/0708-Toledo-judge-refuses-to-perform-gay-marriage.html
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-10-2015, 01:46 PM)michaelsean Wrote: How come we haven't heard about this one?  Oh never mind he's a black guy.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/07/08/0708-Toledo-judge-refuses-to-perform-gay-marriage.html

Wait...is being gay wrong in the black Bible too?  Interesting.
(07-10-2015, 01:46 PM)michaelsean Wrote: How come we haven't heard about this one?  Oh never mind he's a black guy.

Well now we have.

But what does being a "black guy" have to do with anything?
(07-10-2015, 01:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well now we have.

But what does being a "black guy" have to do with anything?

Doesn't fit the southern white rube gay hating meme.

(07-10-2015, 02:30 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Doesn't fit the southern white rube gay hating meme.

Quote:Wait is this actually a "post" to debunk a meme?

http://bengalsboard.net/Thread-Violent-Crime-Rates-in-UK-vs-US?pid=24196#pid24196

Michaelsean...Meet Michaelsean.  
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(07-10-2015, 02:55 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: http://bengalsboard.net/Thread-Violent-Crime-Rates-in-UK-vs-US?pid=24196#pid24196

Michaelsean...Meet Michaelsean.  

I didn't start a new thread over  a picture nobody knew about. Which is why you had to edit it.  An awful lot of work to miss the mark. LOL

(07-10-2015, 02:30 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Doesn't fit the southern white rube gay hating meme.

Well I was shooting more for the "my religion trumps your rights" meme....but ok.  Mellow